Kentucky message board meltdown

That would be hard considering I’ve never typed a single word overthere, your quite charming yourself by the way.
So you are basing your broad brush approach to KY fans on the few idiots on a message board? Do you actually live in KY or otherwise have any contact with a large number of their fans? In my experience, they are much like Bama when it comes to Basketball but when they get beat they taking the ribbing pretty well. Their FB fans are much like we have been over the last few years......kinda resigned to sucking. Our new found life shouldn't make us to obnoxious since we have seen how quickly we can fall.

Reactions: tbh
Voodoo curse man. I dont get it. I'm mid 20s and multiple times we have been the better team or played better, yet simply couldn't get the ball to bounce our way. Its comical how many times we've been on the wrong side of luck against UT. So many close calls.
Welcome to UT vs. FL.

So you are basing your broad brush approach to KY fans on the few idiots on a message board? Do you actually live in KY or otherwise have any contact with a large number of their fans? In my experience, they are much like Bama when it comes to Basketball but when they get beat they taking the ribbing pretty well. Their FB fans are much like we have been over the last few years......kinda resigned to sucking. Our new found life shouldn't make us to obnoxious since we have seen how quickly we can fall.
Yeah I lived in Knoxville and worked with a lot of Kentucky fans up there for about 4 years.... basically all of them were complete jack asses with some strange since of importance in football. I realize every fanbase has there share of idiots, however just in my limited experience with Kentucky fans they have a strange, irrational hate towards all things UT... glad you’ve had better luck with them but I have not. I realize that doesn’t mean all their fans are that way, but I would presume that quite a large amount of them are.

Yeah I lived in Knoxville and worked with a lot of Kentucky fans up there for about 4 years.... basically all of them were complete jack asses with some strange since of importance in football. I realize every fanbase has there share of idiots, however just in my limited experience with Kentucky fans they have a strange, irrational hate towards all things UT... glad you’ve had better luck with them but I have not. I realize that doesn’t mean all their fans are that way, but I would presume that quite a large amount of them are.
Hmmm, I live here and see some that try to be obnoxious but they really can't. They try to give me grief about basketball but lately that hasn't worked either. The only "fan" I ever saw thrown out of a bar/restaurant here was a UT fan that took exception to me telling him what I thought our won loss record was going to be at the end of 2017. He went ballistic on me and was thrown out, called the girl tending bar a bunch of names and even wrote some nasty things on his receipt. Fact is, I was right about the win loss record. Never have I seen a KY fan here be that obnoxious. Any time I have ever had an issue with an opposing fan (except for Bama, FL, and GA) was when I pushed things a little far. I generally find most fans like UT because of our game day traditions and general atmosphere of welcome when they come to games. I generally find that if I don't start no ****, won't be no **** with opposing fans unless they are drunk and stupid (like most FL and GA fans I have seen at our games).

Like 95% of UK fans know we suck, realize we will probably always be who we are...there are a few delusional D4H types that always think we are gonna win 10+. In basketball we have a huge amount of idiots. But football? No way. Absolutely no way.

Like 95% of UK fans know we suck, realize we will probably always be who we are...there are a few delusional D4H types that always think we are gonna win 10+. In basketball we have a huge amount of idiots. But football? No way. Absolutely no way.

I think I know the location of the 5%. Seriously, Kentucky doesn't currently suck at football. I think Stoops has done a hell of a job with that program but I think last year was the ceiling. IMO, Kentucky can get some good players, just not enough of them to be a contender for the east with any consistency. The Vols haven't been a contender for a while but we appear to be back on that path, we just lost our way for a while.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
That’s fine dude, like I said I realize my experience with uk fans is limited ( about 20 or so) but the ones I’ve met were super obnoxious and rude when it came to UK football and anything related to UT. So I obviously have a biased opinion of you guys but it is what it is.

Hmmm, I live here and see some that try to be obnoxious but they really can't. They try to give me grief about basketball but lately that hasn't worked either. The only "fan" I ever saw thrown out of a bar/restaurant here was a UT fan that took exception to me telling him what I thought our won loss record was going to be at the end of 2017. He went ballistic on me and was thrown out, called the girl tending bar a bunch of names and even wrote some nasty things on his receipt. Fact is, I was right about the win loss record. Never have I seen a KY fan here be that obnoxious. Any time I have ever had an issue with an opposing fan (except for Bama, FL, and GA) was when I pushed things a little far. I generally find most fans like UT because of our game day traditions and general atmosphere of welcome when they come to games. I generally find that if I don't start no ****, won't be no **** with opposing fans unless they are drunk and stupid (like most FL and GA fans I have seen at our games).
I’m not trying to say the vols don’t have their fair share of douches, I’m sure they do... every fan base does. You’ve had better luck with UK fans than I have it seems. In my limited experience with them they are pretty much complete jerks, so yeah my opinion may be biased based on my experiences with them but it is what it is. I certainly don’t come away with my interaction with Kentucky fans and think “ hey these guys are pretty cool.”

I’m not trying to say the vols don’t have their fair share of douches, I’m sure they do... every fan base does. You’ve had better luck with UK fans than I have it seems. In my limited experience with them they are pretty much complete jerks, so yeah my opinion may be biased based on my experiences with them but it is what it is. I certainly don’t come away with my interaction with Kentucky fans and think “ hey these guys are pretty cool.”
Take into account that I am generally not a smack talker either. Not saying you are but I have seen fans of all flavors (i.e. Andy fan) that will talk smack lying on the ground having been just kicked in the nuts. I'm not one of those so may tend to be a bit more mild than most.

I think I know the location of the 5%. Seriously, Kentucky doesn't currently suck at football. I think Stoops has done a hell of a job with that program but I think last year was the ceiling. IMO, Kentucky can get some good players, just not enough of them to be a contender for the east with any consistency. The Vols haven't been a contender for a while but we appear to be back on that path, we just lost our way for a while.
I think KY has a higher ceiling. Remember, they played most of their season with another WR at QB running the ball 95% of the time. If Stoops could ever have a "normal" offense they may start to put up some pretty competitive numbers. That WR beat the **** out of us during the first quarter or so and it didn't look like we were going to be able to stop him.

Take into account that I am generally not a smack talker either. Not saying you are but I have seen fans of all flavors (i.e. Andy fan) that will talk smack lying on the ground having been just kicked in the nuts. I'm not one of those so may tend to be a bit more mild than most.
nah I don’t talk much crap at all to opponents. Just not my thing, which is why my experiences with them stuck out to me, I really don’t like to give people grief to often.

nah I don’t talk much crap at all to opponents. Just not my thing, which is why my experiences with them stuck out to me, I really don’t like to give people grief to often.
You also worked with folks from Lexington right? I live in Western KY and am a bit older than you are so probably catch less flak. Sometimes looking like an old man is a benefit.

You also worked with folks from Lexington right? I live in Western KY and am a bit older than you are so probably catch less flak. Sometimes looking like an old man is a benefit.
Don't worry guys, I talk enough smack to Kentucky fans for us all😆

Can't blame them given overbearing arrogance of many UT fans. We should know better due to being treated the same way by Bama and Gator fans.

Living in Lexington, I root for UK as long as they're not playing a Tennessee team whether the Vols, Blue Raiders, Gorvenors, the Tigers or any other in-state team. I did the same with the Wildcats when I lived in Arizona, and the Bears and Bruins in California. Though I didn't hate the Trojans, I never rooted for them. They were as arrogant as Bama & Gator fans. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???? Well, way I figure it, I'm using their state tax built roads, citizen-friendly income tax, seniors friendly residential tax rate, relatively low sales tax rate, and very nice state parks and forests, least I can do is respect that. Not to mention the CHEAP hunting and fishing license for seniors. Worst I ever gotta from a KY native when sporting my O&W was a "Damn it!" then maybe a chat about both teams or a promise of, "We gonna get your boys next year." Nope, not 100% true. There was Cracker Barrel waitress who once ignored my wife and me when we were wearing some Vols gear. After 20 minutes we left unserved. I mentioned this to the manager and to my dismay, I haven't seen that woman there since. I didn't want her fired, just spoken to as to how to conduct herself with customers, plus we being frequent customers at that. Anyway, when you're arrogant, stuff happens and you get a mirror image of what you ARE from the other side.

There’s a huge difference when it comes to Florida and Bama looking at us, the head to head records aren’t near as lopsided, especially the UF series.

There’s a huge difference when it comes to Florida and Bama looking at us, the head to head records aren’t near as lopsided, especially the UF series.

Having respect for an opponent whose state you live in is the wrong attitude to have? And it's best to talk sh*t about the state instead?

I said for years here that the best scenario is to won 7 or 8 a year, and then maybe have a season every now and then where we can win 10. It takes some luck and the right schedule. We will never consistently beat UT, UF, or UGA. Three losses built in every year. We probably will always drop MSU or the rotating West opponent. But I see no reason why we cant routinely expect to win 3 cupcakes, Louisville, and Vandy/USCjr/Mizzou. I'd be happy being the 4th best program in the East.

I said for years here that the best scenario is to won 7 or 8 a year, and then maybe have a season every now and then where we can win 10. It takes some luck and the right schedule. We will never consistently beat UT, UF, or UGA. Three losses built in every year. We probably will always drop MSU or the rotating West opponent. But I see no reason why we cant routinely expect to win 3 cupcakes, Louisville, and Vandy/USCjr/Mizzou. I'd be happy being the 4th best program in the East.
LittleCat, I agee that this has been our past... and may be indicative of the next year or two, but the Cats are slowly rising under Stoops. If things continue in their present direction both UT and UK could be future contenders. In fact it would be really great if the East became a contest between these two border states instead of GA vs FLA every year. In the SEC it is nearly impossible to rise from bottom to top overnight. But both UT and UK seem to be rising. Granted, it will be very difficult to get to the GA and FLA level, but certainly not impossible. And right now things are looking better for UK than they have been in my 50 years of fandom. UT also looks more hopeful than they have in the past 10 or 15 years. Would ultimately be good for the SEC if some different teams could climb the ladder.

VN Store

Back