Anybody else surprised that in Memphis....

WE REALLY KNOW IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CJP or YAC, all the success is due to OD and the Memphis trio, now quartet, LOL. Actually, I could care less how we got all these kids, as long as they sign OUR LOI I will roll with it. Keep up the good work CJP, YAC, OD, M3 now M4, God, AV or anybody else who is helping our cause down there. GBO

Memphis State has never had success with in town recruits that are even high 3 stars, definitely haven't been in the hunt for any 4 stars out of that town.

Ole Miss and Miss State are not in great positions as programs currently and Arkansas is much worse off. This isn't that surprising, I would say the biggest surprise is that Memphis has a higher level of talent coming out specifically for this 2020 class. Typically the mid-state has the larger cluster of talent for the state with the scattered around one-offs at other programs throughout. It's been a while since Memphis has had 3 or more of the states top 15 rated players.

Definite props to the staff for knowing when the area is hot and coming out on top this year. Always need to have a West TN presence and success here.

That we are having our best year in a while with the success that the in town school has been having. And pretty much had to be done before Norvell was a done deal? Hoping for more W TN success soon.

Norvell is one of the best recruiters in Memphis history. A couple of things that really help: we are an SEC school with great facilities, and Jeremy Pruitt puts people in the NFL on defense.

Reactions: albedo33
Norvell is one of the best recruiters in Memphis history. A couple of things that really help: we are an SEC school with great facilities, and Jeremy Pruitt puts people in the NFL on defense.
Just look at Memphis's roster. You can tell where their recruiting priority is. They're doing just fine.

That we are having our best year in a while with the success that the in town school has been having. And pretty much had to be done before Norvell was a done deal? Hoping for more W TN success soon.
I don't think the success or failure of Memphis effects us at all in football. They generally will not be able to recruit to same level of athlete that the Vols recruit regardless of where they are. Not trying to be mean or harsh that's just the way its always been and highly doubt it will ever change...at least in my lifetime. Memphis Tiger football is NOT the same as Tennessee football. Give them our schedule and they're trying to squeak into the Idaho bowl (if there still is such a thing). I recently told a friend who played at Memphis in a very nice way I would swap them on our schedule for about 7 teams we played this past season. Sorry but that's just the truth.

Reactions: Dumbledorange

Did you really think Memphis would ever be able to recruit with Tennessee? Let alone any non-Vandy SEC school?

The boogey man in Memphis is now going to be Kiffin and Pittman, as well as anyone Saban and Kirby wants.

Reactions: tennrich1
Just look at Memphis's roster. You can tell where their recruiting priority is. They're doing just fine.
The priority is staying in a conference that doesn’t play defense. Ole miss gave them their toughest game this year....

The priority is staying in a conference that doesn’t play defense. Ole miss gave them their toughest game this year....

Well yeah.

But i was talking about recruiting profile lol.
They have 30 players from in-state
12 from Louisiana.
8 from Mississippi
5 from Georgia
And other states speckled throughout the roster.

Ole Miss almost put 40 on LSU.
They are young but talented

Well yeah.

But i was talking about recruiting profile lol.
They have 30 players from in-state
12 from Louisiana.
8 from Mississippi
5 from Georgia
And other states speckled throughout the roster.

Ole Miss almost put 40 on LSU.
They are young but talented

Memphis traditionally has recruited Mississippi and Georgia. I am not exactly sure where you got those numbers, but I am willing to bet that a majority of the TN kids are walk-ons or don't contribute much.

Their best players this year:
- Brady White (Cali)
- Patrick Taylor (Texas)
- Damonte Coaxie (Louisiana)
- Antonio Gibson (Georgia)
- Kenneth Gainwell (Mississippi)
- Riley Patterson (kicker, Illinois)
- Joey Magnifico (Cordova, TN)
- Kedarian Jones (Texas)
- Austin Hall, Tim Hart, and TJ Carter (all TN)
- Joseph Dorceus (Texas)

So, a majority of their playmakers, especially on offense, are all from out of state. My guess is the Louisiana influence is from David Johnson.

VN Store

Back