Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually you didn't say it doesn't equate to 2 CC's in the SEC until now. I would not have argued that point. You were indicating he was not a good coach and comparing him to Butch. He may turn out like Butch in the SEC but their experience is night and day. Also, no one has been successful at FAU. Cincinnati pops into the top 25 every so often...
He meant it that way in response to someone saying that was Kiffin's accomplishment.

I think you're gonna get your wish about the MCB. Do you know what time we find out?
Not sure on the time. But really, it doesn’t matter which bowl we get, I’m just glad we got one. Buuut MCB is the easiest one for me to attend other than the liberty bowl.

I think so. So you are getting 4 conference champions.
Edit: So who would you add if there were 4 more?
Not sure. Believing in expansion doesn't mean I believe I have all the answers. I do know Oregon would be one since they won their conference championship. After that, it would be about breaking down the numbers.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
He doesn't have a bromance. Quit grouping us with the RF posters please, regarding Butch comparison, you're missing half the conversation. I'm out
Wait... So anyone of the opinion that LK hasn't done anything to warrant all this oooohing and ahhhhing is someone that just "hates him" and can't see what a good coach he is, but it's not a bromance for others to take the same accomplishments and act like has won a national championship at Texas? Right. This is the whole conversation....his accomplishments.

Not sure. Believing in expansion doesn't mean I believe I have all the answers. I do know Oregon would be one since they won their conference championship. After that, it would be about breaking down the numbers.
Well, tell me which three teams you think should be in a national championship playoff this year. "Breaking down the numbers" is absolutely abstract. Things become more clear in concrete cases, when vague and emotional terms like "parity" are out of the way. You should be able to name 3 additional teams who in your judgement should be considered for best team in the country.

Last edited:
Well, tell me which three teams you think should be in a national championship playoff this year. "Breaking down the numbers" is absolutely abstract. Things become more clear in concrete cases, when vague and emotional terms like "parity" are out of the way. You should be able to name 3 additional teams who in your judgement should be considered for best team in the country.
This year may be the first time we don't have a scenario where another team doesn't have a good argument for being in the playoffs. Bama losing to Auburn ended any argument they had. If Wisconsin had upset Ohio State today, that could have created a conundrum. For once, we don't have a glut of teams with a legit argument. But that has been rare in CFB over the last several years. So yeah, there would have to be some kind of metric to weigh that out, and I'm not sure what it would be. But this year has been a bit of an anomaly, so other than the other P5 CC, I don't really know.

Doesn't change my opinion tho. I've seen enough end of season confusion and bickering and pandering to get in to believe an 8 team play off would be worthwhile.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
To be fair, Kiffin was doomed at the start at USC with the sanctions and scholarship reductions. On top of that, he was a young, arrogant, and immature prick.

Would have needed a helluva coach to pull them out of that back then.

He seems to have matured quite a bit, did some good things at Bama and FAU.

I think he will get Ole Miss up and running. Get together a group of good to elite recruiters and be the 3rd best team in the west with 7-5 to 8-4 seasons with the occasional upset sprinkled in ala Freeze.
Exit from Tuscaloosa wasn’t a synonym for mature. Saban usually bids his assistants fare thee well when they take an opportunity. He fired Kiffin right before the NC game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back