Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whole point of expanding the playoffs would be getting all 5 P5 conference champions in. So you either figure out a 6 team playoff or 8 team playoff. Personally I think 8, with strong consideration given to the best team out of the G5.
In other words, legislate conference equality since it can't be won on the field. Why does that help us?

Edit: @Sleegro Ok I said one thing.

I think it hurts us. Full stop. But I decided not to get into a discussion of it again. We won't change each others minds. Friends?
Haha okay. Yer the one calling out annoying dweebs who think it should be expanded and proudly saying they're not gonna show up now. But if you decided not to get into a discussion after that, I guess that's it. Don't be so brave next time if yer not really ready for the debate.

I'm wanting to believe he is just trolling them for a raise. He talks about how much he loves Boca all the time and he's going to leave it for Mississippi??

All coaches at group of 5 programs talk about how they love it where they are. And most of them do. But when money and better job opportunities come along, they take it.

Haha okay. Yer the one calling out annoying dweebs who think it should be expanded and proudly saying they're not gonna show up now. But if you decided not to get into a discussion after that, I guess that's it. Don't be so brave next time if yer not really ready for the debate.
I was falsely presuming you saw enough tonight to concede the point. You wanna add Auburn and Oregon, I guess

You'll get your way soon based on Ad market dollars and anti-SEC prejudice. I don't doubt that

Address the first sentence.
Call it whatever you want, but how is having the conference champions square off a bad thing? It isn't "legislating conference equality" because the best teams will still win. If anything, it's exposing which conferences are weakest IMO. All while satisfying those crying about how this or that champion got left out.

Whole point of expanding the playoffs would be getting all 5 P5 conference champions in. So you either figure out a 6 team playoff or 8 team playoff. Personally I think 8, with strong consideration given to the best team out of the G5.
The P5 conference champs, best of the G5 and then two at large bids would be ideal IMO.

It would have some ugly blowouts in the beginning but I think over time it could bring more parity to CFB.

Prospects wouldn’t just continually sign to the same 3-4 schools and ride the pine in exchange for an almost guaranteed playoff spot (i.e. Clemson right now since their conference isn’t anywhere close to slowing them down). You’d see more of these talented players going somewhere where they could still potentially make the playoffs but could also start in their first or second year (which I think would also cut down on transfers a bit as well).

I was falsely presuming you saw enough tonight to concede the point. You wanna add Auburn and Oregon, I guess
You do seem very presumptuous. And no I don't wanna add those 2. Like weezer said. The five p5 conference champions. So Oregon earned it. Plus the next 3 best teams, 1 of them would likely be the best g5 team. So Auburn would not be there. Georgia would. Memphis would assuming all the favorites win tomorrow. And then it would be a choice between maybe penn state Florida Alabama or Baylor. Would some of those teams get worked? Probably. But that happens in the current and previous formats. And sometimes the team you expect to dominate loses. And excitement is had. And it doesn't by design eliminate half the fbs from ever being considered for an opportunity to compete for a title.

You do seem very presumptuous. And no I don't wanna add those 2. Like weezer said. The five p5 conference champions. So Oregon earned it. Plus the next 3 best teams, 1 of them would likely be the best g5 team. So Auburn would not be there. Georgia would. Memphis would assuming all the favorites win tomorrow. And then it would be a choice between maybe penn state Florida Alabama or Baylor. Would some of those teams get worked? Probably. But that happens in the current and previous formats. And sometimes the team you expect to dominate loses. And excitement is had. And it doesn't by design eliminate half the fbs from ever being considered for an opportunity to compete for a title.
What I assumed is that you looked at it this way: How does it help Tennessee? Full stop.

If anything it creates excitement for lower level programs who think they'll never have a shot at anything more than a potential New Year's Day bowl. An expanded playoff gives them a chance to slip in and show the big boys what they have. Imagine if the UCF team from a few years past had that chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back