Jennings suspended for first half of bowl game (merged)

Play him anyway. What are they going to do, tell the refs to call bogus calls on us vs. BAMA?

And BTW, does the SEC have jurisdiction here on a non-SEC game in a non-SEC stadium?

the SEC Commissioner is God to the SEC in all aspects of SEC play and he can make those calls but don't ask Bama they wouldn't know anything about SEC rules because they don't apply to them...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: tn4elvis
This is the most disappointing part of this all to me. No backbone. Just bow down and kiss Sankeys converse. You're better than that Phil
I'm disappointed in that as well. It makes you wonder what was said between him and the SEC brass.

Guilty until proven innocent, the new standard in the USA. What has happened to this country?

You watch the replay? I think he could make a claim that it was inadvertent on the head/foot contact, but look at how Jennings behaved while on top of the Vandy player right after the momentum had stopped. He was clearly excited but carried it a bit far in that instance. I'm almost certain if he hadn't done that prior to the head contact, he'd be starting the bowl game. He let his frustrations over not getting more balls and it being his last home game get the best of him.

You watch the replay? I think he could make a claim that it was inadvertent on the head/foot contact, but look at how Jennings behaved while on top of the Vandy player right after the momentum had stopped. He was clearly excited but carried it a bit far in that instance. I'm almost certain if he hadn't done that prior to the head contact, he'd be starting the bowl game. He let his frustrations over not getting more balls and it being his last home game get the best of him.
Totally agree with you -you could see it build in his body language in previous offensive plays where he wasn't getting the ball thrown to him-he took out his offensive frustration on a Vandy player

Reactions: Titan05
Anything looks bad in slow motion. They just went on a slipslide and he got up a little confused when he was pulled of the tackled by the sideling. It was incidental.
Come on man. “A little confused”?

The hit was great, I loved it. But there was extra curricular by JJ on the ground while he was on the in his face trash talking him. Then, “somehow”, the kid’s helmet comes off and then he gets up and steps on the kid’s face.

Look, I know we’re all Vol fans and love JJ, but can we not just be honest here and say the truth? JJ was jacked up, rightfully so, and he let his emotions get the best of him.

The hit by JJ was great, couldn’t have been better....but he should’ve gotten up at that point without all the other stuff he did there....and the hit still would’ve been great and he’d be playing in the first half of the bowl game. Instead, he did all the other stuff and he and the team are getting punished for it.

Agree 100%. Why people can’t just be honest about this is beyond me.

Yes. Foot to face or not, you can clearly see JJ roughing the guy up after the tackle. The foot to the face would be considered an accident otherwise.

I’m sure I’ll get ripped for this but who gives a damn? The guy got blown up on the return, then he got roughed up and his face stepped on a little bit. His face was bare and he didn’t get any injuries after getting a cleat to the face. Hell, he wasn’t even bleeding.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Refs were right there - no flags thrown and once again these refs were flag happy the whole game
I'm pretty sure it would've been off-setting penalties as the Vandy players ran onto the field, so what's the point of throwing the flag?...but to your point it would've at least given some sort of credibility to the suspension.

Yeah, he could have not " honored " the suspension and stood up for his player.

I assume by not honor the suspension you mean play him in the first half anyway?

What would the consequences be if he didn't honor the suspension?

Guilty until proven innocent, the new standard in the USA. What has happened to this country?
We talking deep fake conspiracy or something? Look man, I love Jennings and all, but there's video proof of him stepping on the kid's face and then joking about it.

That's not a good look at all.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
I take a different approach on a Jenning reaction.. Tell them all "too hell with it". I am not going to play a half. If I can't play the whole game, I will just sit out the bowl and prepare for the pro tryouts. No sense maybe getting hurt for just a half. Just stop now and let the young guys get the reps for the game and their future. Maybe I can help with the prep of these guys..

If I'm not mistaken, he wasn't called for a penalty for the "infraction" during the game ?! If that's the case, what the hell are they reviewing afterwards ?! A non-penalty ?!?!
Nobody mentioned it on the radio broadcast. It wasn't until they showed it in slow motion and started looking for it that they saw it.

VN Store

Back