Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting Highlights From the VQ Podcast, VERY interesting info with Darnell...

Omari Thomas - UT is positioned well with him, the visit to Auburn is noteworthy and their recruiting staff is really good at their job. Vols have to recruit him as though theyre behind as to avoid another Hardy situation. Ansley, Rocker & others are in Memphis right now visiting him and Jabari. Suspicions that other schools are negatively recruiting our DL depth which may have worked with Hardy. His dad says playing time is not important, but noted it is important how many guys the staff has sent to the NFL. Says that whoever he does pick they will try to get him to sign as early as possible because he seems torn between Auburn & UT.
Tyler Baron - UT is in a good spot based on conversations, with him and other people. AP thinks there is genuine interest in UK and their coaching staff, but also thinks that because he has been rumored to go to Tennessee for 3 years he really just wants to drum up some suspense for his decision.
Octavious Oxendine - Jesse predicts the Vols will land him. Oxendine is telling folks behind the scenes that he leaning this way and his last big visit was to UT. Tennessee feels good about landing him.
Reginald Perry - Tennessee continues to flirt with Reginald (not my word) and he is being looked at for filling the miss with Hardy. Tennessee likes Reginald a lot and feels that in two years everyone will ask "How did he leave the state of Alabama?" A similar scenario to Roman Harrison
Darnell Washington - Tennessee is in a good spot with Darnell. If he makes it here on the 13th, UT has a good shot to land him on the 18th thanks to, you guessed it, MOOSE. He will sign on the 18th and will announce it during the All American Game. We are his last OV and this is our best chance. Lets go.
Len'neth Whitehead - UT and Whitehead are drifting apart, VQ seems to think they wont take both Jabari and Whitehead. UCLA visit seems strange.
Morven Joseph - Visiting Florida, if Morven said he wanted to commit they would take him immediately.
Jimmy Calloway - Auburn offered him, Jesse seems to think that Kentucky is the biggest competition. He is visiting the 13th as well, visiting Kentucky this weekend.

Other Notes:
Pruitt was in California and visited a LB, not sure who it is. Went to iHop and not Waffle House, how much is the buyout??

Listen Here.

With all the coaching searches going on and fires I'm surprised Miami Canes AD hasn't kicked HC Manny Diaz to the curb yet. With all the talent Miami has locally and on the roster, they should never be losing to FIU, Georgia Tech, Duke and North Carolina. I don't think Manny is the answer. I know it's his first season but they went backwards from Richt. He will most certainly go into next season on the hot seat.
They should've hired Kiffin last year.

Reactions: UTSuave’
I’m really not sure. They may have wanted to suck another defender in the box in hopes of opening up a cut back lane.

We basically the same runs over and over again so i think they knew what was coming but just couldn’t stop it enough.
It was almost always Palmer that they brought down in motion. Every time - Nothing.

When they left him up near the sideline we ran effectively. Made no sense to me.

I kept waiting to see Chaney run play action off of that motion with Palmer, but we never did.

It was weird. Infuriating to watch too lol.

They had a long standing historic series with georgia at one time. I don't know which team cancelled. Used to be a huge border rivalry.
It ended when sec expanded and went to divisional play -which incidentally happened after they traded NC's.

I want to punt that f'n baby yoda over the Cumberlands.
Disney is like, “How can we make money?

Writer: “Well everyone loves Yoda”

Disney: “True but we’ve killed him off. Dang it! What’s something else people will throw money at?”

Writer: “I dunno... babies maybe?”

Disney: 1575393709622.gif

They should've hired Kiffin last year.
With all of the accolades that Kiffin is collecting at Boca Raton for very little actual accomplishment, if I was him, I would just sit back and wait for the big paycheck to come in a few years into the future.

He is full of crap...He posts something to keep the suckers interested and then he takes another shot later...watch it. I despise that little punchable turdface.

I don't mind fair, but stuff like him linking that crappy espn hit piece on Pruitt the other day just as recruiting is about to heat up 🤬

I don't understand how people that love Tennessee can support him. He is garbage.
Dang McGill, he's got your dander up. Keep and eye on that pulse rate;)
heart1.gif sienfield1.gif

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
With all of the accolades that Kiffin is collecting at Boca Raton for very little actual accomplishment, if I was him, I would just sit back and wait for the big paycheck to come in a few years into the future.
Kiffin is a double edge sword that cuts both ways. Great play caller but his personal life and dealings with those that surround him is what ends up destroying him all the time.

No. Idc that the conference is down bc there’s not that many great teams in all of college football. Bama, Ohio state, LSU, OU whoever is playing 1-2 teams a year that can truly match them. The middle - bottom of every conference is virtually the same...which is what the bulk of your schedule is made of. Clemson also plays and beats SC every year who has been middle SEC and have also played A&M and auburn too.

I’m saying Clemson, especially last year could’ve been in any conference and still absolutely rolled they were that good.

And they picked up some really solid recruits as a direct result of shining in that conference.

But honestly, if you were arguing chicken or egg, first, I would understand. But you're just saying "nuh uh, cheesecake".

Recruiting Highlights From the VQ Podcast, VERY interesting info with Darnell...

Omari Thomas - UT is positioned well with him, the visit to Auburn is noteworthy and their recruiting staff is really good at their job. Vols have to recruit him as though theyre behind as to avoid another Hardy situation. Ansley, Rocker & others are in Memphis right now visiting him and Jabari. Suspicions that other schools are negatively recruiting our DL depth which may have worked with Hardy. His dad says playing time is not important, but noted it is important how many guys the staff has sent to the NFL. Says that whoever he does pick they will try to get him to sign as early as possible because he seems torn between Auburn & UT.
Tyler Baron - UT is in a good spot based on conversations, with him and other people. AP thinks there is genuine interest in UK and their coaching staff, but also thinks that because he has been rumored to go to Tennessee for 3 years he really just wants to drum up some suspense for his decision.
Octavious Oxendine - Jesse predicts the Vols will land him. Oxendine is telling folks behind the scenes that he leaning this way and his last big visit was to UT. Tennessee feels good about landing him.
Reginald Perry - Tennessee continues to flirt with Reginald (not my word) and he is being looked at for filling the miss with Hardy. Tennessee likes Reginald a lot and feels that in two years everyone will ask "How did he leave the state of Alabama?" A similar scenario to Roman Harrison
Darnell Washington - Tennessee is in a good spot with Darnell. If he makes it here on the 13th, UT has a good shot to land him on the 18th thanks to, you guessed it, MOOSE. He will sign on the 18th and will announce it during the All American Game. We are his last OV and this is our best chance. Lets go.
Len'neth Whitehead - UT and Whitehead are drifting apart, VQ seems to think they wont take both Jabari and Whitehead. UCLA visit seems strange.
Morven Joseph - Visiting Florida, if Morven said he wanted to commit they would take him immediately.
Jimmy Calloway - Auburn offered him, Jesse seems to think that Kentucky is the biggest competition. He is visiting the 13th as well, visiting Kentucky this weekend.

Other Notes:
Pruitt was in California and visited a LB, not sure who it is. Went to iHop and not Waffle House, how much is the buyout??

Listen Here.

If Whitehead is never open to Lb then I’d take Small. Whitehead doesn’t even look good at RB. He has big potential at Lb though. Sounds like we are going with Small to take the better RB and lock in Thomas.

Jimmy Calloway -
Auburn offered him, Jesse seems to think that Kentucky is the biggest competition. He is visiting the 13th as well, visiting Kentucky this weekend.

Other Notes:

Listen Here.

Thanks for the info.

From talking with a UF fan, the only way they don't take/land Morven Joseph is if they can flip Donnell Harris from A&M. Both coming in for 12/13 visit and vying for one spot. Otherwise he will be a Gator as Grantham likes him a lot. Lakeland to Gainesville pull is too strong for everyone except...Clemson.

Also, Barn is king of negative recruiting and the ones pitching that we have too much depth on DL. Gus and his cronies act all holy but are the biggest snakes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back