Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Franklin ain't ever goingto leave PSU unless he's fired, because quite frankly Penn State has a much higher reputation than Florida State in the long-term.
I disagree. FSU “Should” be the best team in the ACC every year. Penn state will never be a better program than Ohio state and it’s pretty even with Wisconsin and Michigan.

During the preseason I was preaching that in order for us to win more games this year than 2018 I thought our defense needed to improve a significant amount. I wasn’t all that worried about the expected improvement in our offense. Oops.

Early in the season, when damage control was the order of the day, Pruitt declared that we were 100 times better than last year, to which, I and many others replied, “Say what?” It has been reported that even Fulmer had some fun with Pruitt in the aftermath of that remark.

Well, with respect to national rankings, it turns out that the defense did improve, not so much the offense, and we did win more games. While we weren’t exactly 100 times better, at least on defense we were more than 100% improved in multiple broad statistical metrics.

Probably the biggest concern anyone had for the defense coming into this year was the loss of Kyle Phillips, Shy Tuttle, and Alexis Johnson up front. It turns out our 2nd year in Pruitt’s system was eventually more than enough to offset those significant losses, just as I now suspect having the same offensive coordinator/system in back to back years for the first time since 2016 could likely do wonders for our offense next year, even after losing significant contributors from this year’s team. jmo.

I realize our pass defense didn't have to face Will Grier, Drew Lock, or Kyle Shurmur this year but even if we had I think we would have done a hell of a lot better than we did in 2018. jmo.

ScreenHunter 305.png

Clemson is going to beat LSU by 20 if they play in 1st round of the playoff.
lol doubt it. But maybe, we really don't know how good Clemson is since they don't play anyone. I'd love to see that matchup though. My guess is LSU humbles that squad and fanbase up and down the field all night.

They can’t help the ACC has took a dump. They at least have went out and scheduled auburn, A&M, will play ND next year. To go along with SC at the end.

A&M isn’t a impressive win let’s be clear about that lol and that still doesn’t define them almost losing to UNC?...they have played like S**t all year,this is more than once Dabo has been on the record B**ching about what he thinks is and isn’t right regarding his team even after winning a Natty.Last years win and how bad they beat Alabama should speak for itself.Dabo shouldn’t be on a whining campaign.

Newt is NOT getting a Christmas card.
giphy.gif

A&M isn’t a impressive win let’s be clear about that lol and that still doesn’t define them almost losing to UNC?...they have played like S**t all year,this is more than once Dabo has been on the record B**ching about what he thinks is and isn’t right regarding his team even after winning a Natty.Last years win and how bad they beat Alabama should speak for itself.Dabo shouldn’t be on a whining campaign.
I’m not saying A&M is a huge win but I’m giving them props for playing another big time non conf to pair with South Carolina every year.

I wouldn’t say they have played like sh** all year either. Yea they had a scare vs UNC and a 14point win vs A&M....but every other game they have played has been an absolute beat down.

We ran 12 personnel vs vandy maybe more than we have all year combined, particularly this ace formation.
Had some good runs out of that formation.

But about half the time we kept motioning a WR down the line, to right off the TE’s hip. EVERY time we did that, Vandy moved another guy into the box and we ran into a wall.

Why did we keep motioning that WR down over and over with no success?

Bad times in Columbia

The replies indicate the fans think he injured the knee a couple of games earlier and Muschamp ran him out there anyway.

This isn’t surprising at all. The hit he took in the UGA game looked nasty and he was in a huge cast during the game. Plus he hasn’t looked the same since. Muschamp and his medical staff are fools for risking this kid’s future

Had some good runs out of that formation.

But about half the time we kept motioning a WR down the line, to right off the TE’s hip. EVERY time we did that, Vandy moved another guy into the box and we ran into a wall.

Why did we keep motioning that WR down over and over with no success?
It's all about setting up the defense for the next play. I am sure there were other plays they can run out of that formation.

No one was beating them last year. Elite QB, Elite WRs, Elite pass rush.

And almost stumbled to Syracuse. Besides, in my theory, they never reach the point of last year's team.
Not pretending Dabo or Clemson sucks, but they've definitely had A LOT fall their way on this ride.
*Not their fault, they capitalized on those opportunities.

But "Clemsoning it" was exaggerated but with a small amount of truth.

This isn’t surprising at all. The hit he took in the UGA game looked nasty and he was in a huge cast during the game. Plus he hasn’t looked the same since. Muschamp and his medical staff are fools for risking this kid’s future
some of that is on the young man too....he's a fool if he played injured.

Reactions: scvolfan7
Bad times in Columbia

The replies indicate the fans think he injured the knee a couple of games earlier and Muschamp ran him out there anyway.

Yeah article says he injured it vs UGA.

Played every week after that.

Might explain his terrible play - because the kid has a lot of talent. I’m kinda hoping he transfers out of there but that whole family seems pretty entrenched in uscjr.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
I disagree. FSU “Should” be the best team in the ACC every year. Penn state will never be a better program than Ohio state and it’s pretty even with Wisconsin and Michigan.
I consider FSU is a johnny-come-lately who has to share their immediate territory with many traditional powers. Penn State has been the dominant force in the Mid-Atlantic for many many years

Reactions: TrippieRedd
Yeah article says he injured it vs UGA.

Played every week after that.

Might explain his terrible play - because the kid has a lot of talent. I’m kinda hoping he transfers out of there but that whole family seems pretty entrenched in uscjr.
Whole family moved to the Columbia area

I consider FSU is a johnny-come-lately who has to share their immediate territory with many traditional powers. Penn State has been the dominant force in the Mid-Atlantic for many many years
Haha Penn State and FSU both started being good programs about the same time. JoPa and Bowden built them from nothing. FSU actually won multiple titles though and has won recently. If FSU is Johnny come lately, then so is PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back