Pruitt might not win COY

And how did firing him work out? You want Pruitt fired. I.R.O.N.Y.
I didnt say I want Pruitt fired. I said that once upon a time 7 wins was the low bar for our team, now its considered amazing and successful and COTY worthy. Sad that some of yall here have the comprehension skills of a bag of wet potatoes.

I didnt say I want Pruitt fired. I said that once upon a time 7 wins was the low bar for our team, now its considered amazing and successful and COTY worthy. Sad that some of yall here have the comprehension skills of a bag of wet potatoes.
You don’t know football. End of story.

If’s statements are worthless and irrelevant.
We will knock off at least one from Georgia, Florida or Alabama.
Sounds like you're already lowering expectations..If we dont win 2 of those 3 we have no chance to play for an SEC title..We have the 3rd highest paid coaching staff in the country..We should beat Florida and if Fromm leaves possibly GA (being that Fields transferred).

So if we pulled within 1 score in the 4th that's not competing? It must be getting a little harder to bash the team now for all who threw em under the bus. Dig a little deeper in the well boys I'm sure y'all will come up something.
Hmmm...Alabama loses their leader and one of the best QBs in the country and have to use a reserve with little experience..They basically are as conservative as possible and we competed?? If Tua doesnt get hurt they put up over 50 pts on us.

I disagree. I feel just just based off the “eye test” he’s been the best. I don’t know what his stats are and don’t really care. Jg was able to play the majority of the snaps against some of the worst competition we’ve played this year. And more importantly anyway...it’s not so much stats that hold jg back is understanding situations. He doesn’t understand game situations. He slides short of the sticks. Or throws the ball away too quickly on 3rd down just outside of fg range. Or doesn’t feel pressure that everyone in the stadium can see coming. Stats will never tell the story on Jg. Just watch them both play.
I disagree. I think the reason they stuck with JG is ultimately because he did have the experience and he understood game situations better than the Frosh, who understandably were a little green.

JG's confidence went in the crapper early on. We started out with Wanya and Tatum iirc, and that was a disaster. Wanya and eventually Wright are going to be good but early on it was an adjustment for them. We couldn't get anything going, JG tried to force things and it was just bad all around. I also think it took awhile for Chaney to figure out what we could and couldn't do. Get the ball on the perimeter to your playmakers, he finally figured out. He started out wanting to get the ball out of JG's hands quick with little intermediate throws, and in JC's defense we weren't pass blocking early on like we were after the first 5-6 games. The intermediate throws aren't JG's game. Hell, he can't even complete a swing pass. In the win streak our pass blocking was pretty darn good and we figured out Jarrett could throw downfield pretty well with his new found confidence. Yeah losing to GA St and BYU (how we did) was disappointing but the fact that JG didn't curl up and quit and came back strong to lead the team is impressive. He's far from perfect but I think going forward he will do ok. Don't cite the Vandy game to me either, the field was a swamp and the ball was wet, it happens.

Maurer would get into a rhythm now and again that made him look promising, but he missed a lot of throws and honestly on a side note I worry about his mechanics, but that's neither here nor there. Maurer had his moments but the reason the staff didn't stick with him down the stretch is because of simple things like reads on RPOs. We see Jordan or Gray get hit in the mouth for -2 yards and think it was an OL issue but really Maurer should have pulled the ball and looked downfield.

Shrout just didn't get the snaps to be properly evaluated. I feel like Pruitt didn't trust him because he makes risky throws. That's been the knock on him since HS.

Reactions: chattavol420
Sounds like you're already lowering expectations..If we dont win 2 of those 3 we have no chance to play for an SEC title..We have the 3rd highest paid coaching staff in the country..We should beat Florida and if Fromm leaves possibly GA (being that Fields transferred).
I’ll be happy if we win but I don’t think we are there yet.

I disagree. I think the reason they stuck with JG is ultimately because he did have the experience and he understood game situations better than the Frosh, who understandably were a little green.

JG's confidence went in the crapper early on. We started out with Wanya and Tatum iirc, and that was a disaster. Wanya and eventually Wright are going to be good but early on it was an adjustment for them. We couldn't get anything going, JG tried to force things and it was just bad all around. I also think it took awhile for Chaney to figure out what we could and couldn't do. Get the ball on the perimeter to your playmakers, he finally figured out. He started out wanting to get the ball out of JG's hands quick with little intermediate throws, and in JC's defense we weren't pass blocking early on like we were after the first 5-6 games. The intermediate throws aren't JG's game. Hell, he can't even complete a swing pass. In the win streak our pass blocking was pretty darn good and we figured out Jarrett could throw downfield pretty well with his new found confidence. Yeah losing to GA St and BYU (how we did) was disappointing but the fact that JG didn't curl up and quit and came back strong to lead the team is impressive. He's far from perfect but I think going forward he will do ok. Don't cite the Vandy game to me either, the field was a swamp and the ball was wet, it happens.

Maurer would get into a rhythm now and again that made him look promising, but he missed a lot of throws and honestly on a side note I worry about his mechanics, but that's neither here nor there. Maurer had his moments but the reason the staff didn't stick with him down the stretch is because of simple things like reads on RPOs. We see Jordan or Gray get hit in the mouth for -2 yards and think it was an OL issue but really Maurer should have pulled the ball and looked downfield.

Shrout just didn't get the snaps to be properly evaluated. I feel like Pruitt didn't trust him because he makes risky throws. That's been the knock on him since HS.

That’s certainly a good analysis and I can agree with a fair amount of the points you make. But I still think you might be making too many excuses for Jg. It wasn’t just a matter of him understanding the system and lack of blocking early...(although that might’ve been a small component), he just missed wide open receivers and made horrible decisions. O would like to see a legit competition his off season and sure as hell hope someone else wins he job. We know what jgs wiling is he’s played so much. We don’t know what maurers might be. Hard to believe he wouldn’t be significantly better had he been given the same amount of opportunities as jg

You don’t know football. End of story.
A bit harsh, losing to ga state is inexcusible period

We all knew that was a horrible loss and a mark on pruitt

This season, mostly because of a single game i know, is Not COTY worthy, though with his improvement maybe next year?

A bit harsh, losing to ga state is inexcusible period

We all knew that was a horrible loss and a mark on pruitt

This season, mostly because of a single game i know, is Not COTY worthy, though with his improvement maybe next year?
You're probably right, that was a bit testy. I was getting fed up with the "but we lost to GSU" crowd. Yeah, it was bad, but get over it. Try to have a reasonable discussion and some Dead horse hunter comments "but we lost to GSU."

VN Store

Back