Ryan Johnson and Jerrod Means enter the transfer portal

I looked at the roster on UTsports.com and did not see Jerrod Means listed. Ryan Johnson is still listed on the official roster.

Reactions: Sara Clark
They can enter the transfer portal but not considered gone officially though. I remember someone backed out and stayed with the team earlier this year.
Agree. But, if Means is not listed on the roster; could it be he either left the team or was dismissed explaining why he’s in the portal?

Reactions: Halph66
And let us all remember, a young man can step in the portal, but give it some more thought, and come back out again on our side, as Garland did.

Ryan Johnson has really struggled... not to say he can’t improve but when he was playing a lot of snaps a year or two ago we had an awful oline that was getting abused.... him, Tatum, Richmond, and others were part of one of the worst olines in VOLS history....

So if he goes it’s bc he’s just getting passed up by better players so that makes sense... but if he sticks around and improves then maybe he can play and help some??? I can understand it either way...

But Means? He just got here... really hope he stays...

Ryan Johnson has really struggled... not to say he can’t improve but when he was playing a lot of snaps a year or two ago we had an awful oline that was getting abused.... him, Tatum, Richmond, and others were part of one of the worst olines in VOLS history....

So if he goes it’s bc he’s just getting passed up by better players so that makes sense... but if he sticks around and improves then maybe he can play and help some??? I can understand it either way...

Yeah, I love his big body; kinda like someone we know.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

Johnson kinda makes sense. He already got his BS in engineering and it's obvious he'll be buried on the depth chart.

But Means? He just got here, like you said, and the WR competition will be WIDE OPEN.

Reactions: Catbone
Johnson kinda makes sense. He already got his BS in engineering and it's obvious he'll be buried on the depth chart.

But Means? He just got here, like you said, and the WR competition will be WIDE OPEN.
Means was moved to DB at one point. No idea if they moved him back to WR.

Reactions: RollerVol
Hate to lose experience on the line, but I can understand his decision. Means is a head scratcher though.

All this means is we are making room to add some good quality recruits to the 2020 signing class.
“Always hustling, hustling”

They can enter the transfer portal but not considered gone officially though. I remember someone backed out and stayed with the team earlier this year.
And let us all remember, a young man can step in the portal, but give it some more thought, and come back out again on our side, as Garland did.
And the most important thing to remember is once they are actually listed into the transfer portal their "old team" is free to move their scholarship to another recruit/player and they no longer have any obligation to the player short of ensuring that their current semester is funded. IF the player decides to stay at their current school ( or don't have any suitors for their talents) after entering transfer portal its at the discretion of the staff to accept them back. The transfer portal put a lot of the power of getting playing time in the players hands but also balanced it with the player better be danged sure he doesn't want to just kick the tires because he might not have a landing spot.

Great kid. But, he has no business on an SEC OL according to my untrained eyes.

VN Store

Back