2) Alabama 11-1 and 7-1 in the SEC
3) Auburn 10-2 and 6-2 in the SEC
4) Texas A&M 9-3 and 5-3 in the SEC
5) Mississippi State 8-4 and 4-4 in the SEC
6) Ole Miss 5-7 and 2-6 in the SEC
7) Arkansas 3-9 and 0-8 in the SEC

SECCG: LSU beats Georgia for the 2nd straight season

So you have Tennessee beating Oklahoma?

We will go 8-4 I think shouldn’t do worse than that. Georgia will win the East again and play Auburn in SEC title game. Bama loses 3 SEC games next season and Saban retires

I was about to do this on a sheet of paper, thanks for saving me the trouble.

I'm curious to see if the pros tell Trey he's got to prove he can practice weekly before they'll draft him. If the young man can get paid, go, but if he'll make bank by coming back I just hope we can help him prove his $$$ to the pros.

My expectations are that we'll lose: 1 QB to xfer; 1 OL to graduation; 1 TE to xfer, medical, or grad; 1 DL to xfer, medical or grad; 2 DB to xfer, medical or grad

I'm assuming Pruitt stuck with JG Sat b/c he felt sure 1) We'd run enough to score a couple of times and, 2) Vandy couldn't score enough to matter vs our D. If we'd needed a QB to win that game on Saturday, JG couldn't have done it. JG's proven he's tough-as-nails, loyal, willing to admit his mistakes and can be darn good when he's "on." However he's also proven he's not gonna be consistently "on." We have to have a better full season answer for QB than just JG. Otherwise our ceiling will be 7-8 wins. I believe we'll see a mix of QB next year depending on the situation.

The key to the defense is the ability to develop LB's. That's why these 15 bowl practices are so valuable. Our OLB's have to be able to consistently generate more pressure and we must develop two other legit ILB options to go with Henry T. If we can address these, then I believe the D will be elite by the second half of the year. Right now our biggest weakness is giving up passes over the middle and stopping balanced offenses. Better pressure and more experience at ILB are the keys to addressing both of these, short of a game-changing playmaker on the DL.

If we address QB & LB, then we should win 10 regular season games. Win the ones we should win and split the other four. That's the next step. Some big strides in the next month in the recruiting class would help provide some depth in taking that next step. It's exciting to see where we're headed. We should all know they'll still be disappointments and set-backs, but finally we're building something sustainable if we can just keep pushing in the right direction.

I think that's more possible than beating Florida in my opinion

Florida loses essentially their entire WR corp and most of their production on the DL this year. Not saying they won't still be good, but I'm not sold on them being the favorite in the east quite yet.

Florida loses essentially their entire WR corp and most of their production on the DL this year. Not saying they won't still be good, but I'm not sold on them being the favorite in the east quite yet.
I think Georgia will be the favorite in the SEC East in 2020

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Looks really good. Worst case would be 3rd in the SEC East again but I am starting to see a team take shape that could upset someone. Bama is going to be in a bad place next year without Tua and the big 3 WRs. Bama's defense sucks too without Pruitt. Pruitt would get himself a statute if he can break Saban's foothold on us.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
WR is our weakest group compared to this year. I think every other group will be so much stronger with the off season and the benefit of experience. I would like to think we can get 9 or 10 wins as will be the most experience and depth we've had in a long while.

Reactions: Cobb-Webb 1989
Ramel Keyton is a tremendous talent that I expect to compliment Palmer next year. He would have been in the 5 star conversation last cycle if he hadn't gotten hurt 5 games into the season. A combination of Gibbs and Johnson in the slot should be effective. Tillman has shown promise, and Braden Collins has some interesting potential as well. I don't expect a major dropoff in production from the WR position in 2020.

What's important to note is that none of the guys listed above will be counted on in their first year in the system. Every players will have had a whole season and offseason in Chaney's system -- that's a TREMENDOUS advantage that we haven't had in almost 4 years.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
WR is our weakest group compared to this year. I think every other group will be so much stronger with the off season and the benefit of experience. I would like to think we can get 9 or 10 wins as will be the most experience and depth we've had in a long while.

Not great to be losing Callaway and Jennings, but I'm really excited to see the steps our OL and running game takes into next season. If that becomes top tier, then having serviceable WRs should be more than enough to supplement. Not saying that's ideal, but more can be done overall with a really good run game and pretty good receiving corps than the other way around.

Reactions: Volfan2012

I actually think we will be pretty good at WR with a little better depth next year.

- Josh Palmer
- Deangelo Gibbs
- Brandon Johnson (14-132 in '18)
- Ramel Keyton
- Cedric Tillman

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Please name the 5 scholarship quarterbacks. I have Maurer, Shrout, Bailey, and Guarantano.
I would if I remembered the name. He is a transfer of some type. Don't know if he will be eligible to play next season, buty impression was that he will

I would if I remembered the name. He is a transfer of some type. Don't know if he will be eligible to play next season, buty impression was that he will
You mean Kasim Hill, the walk-on QB that would not be one of 5 scholarship QBs mentioned?

I think 9-3 to 10-2 if we get the breaks and stay away from injuries.
I wouldn't be so quick to write OK off as a loss next year.....especially if Smith comes back and Kennedy gets a 6th year...

UGA on the road will be the toughest game by far.....they return a lot of very good players....esp. if Fromm returns....

I think FL and BAMA will be toss-ups....Neyland should be alive and a factor in those games....

We'll need to get much better play from the Safeties on Defense....
I think Henry T. is the next coming of Al Wilson for us.....

Next year's D could turn out to be a very good unit....

GO VOLS!

Alabama and Florida will be toss ups? We've beaten florida once since 2004. Alabama currently has a 12 game streak against UT.

Not to mention Georgia.

All of those teams have had our number lately and it hasn't really been close, but yet somehow Tennessee is going to magically contend for the SEC east, even with the losses at several key positions.

Then there's this OOC game against Oklahoma.

If Grays coming out party was Vandy and the oline keeps getting better our ground game should be decent. What I'm worried about is the two biggest WR playmakers are gone. We have Palmer left and without looking at the roster I cant name another wide out. If we dont have guys able to fight for those high thrown balls or get used after the catch its gonna be bad. Hope I'm wrong though

Easy to defend a 1 dimensional offense is JG takes a few steps back during some games in 2020.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Alabama and Florida will be toss ups? We've beaten florida once since 2004. Alabama currently has a 12 game streak against UT.

Not to mention Georgia.

All of those teams have had our number lately and it hasn't really been close, but yet somehow Tennessee is going to magically contend for the SEC east, even with the losses at several key positions.

Then there's this OOC game against Oklahoma.

Florida is losing:

All starting WRs
Starting RB
1/5 OL (3 are RSJr though)
4/11 players on D... 3 of which were the top tacklers

Tennessee is losing:

2/3 starting WRs
No RBs
3/11 players on D...3 of top 5 tacklers

So both teams are hit with attrition pretty bad.

Reactions: I40flyer

VN Store

Back