Vandy board

I'm 100% all Vol. I feel like the fans that celebrate what Jennings did to the Vanderbilt player on the sideline (at the very least ripped his helmet off and appeared to swing at him, even if you think the stomp was unintentional) are probably the same ones who dish out the death threats to Guarantano the first time he doesn't throw a perfect pass. I just don't see much good from supporting that. And Jennings is my favorite on field player by far.
To be clear, you correlate defending one Vol to threatening the life of another? No middle ground...just absolute all the way? Can’t go with you on that journey. I don’t “celebrate” what happened on the sideline and I also don’t pretend to KNOW what happened. Lot of room for interpretation, and anyone that says there’s not is ruled by their own narrative. Personally I think he added a little english after the tackle and scrum WITHOUT intent to do harm. If you’re open minded to that viewpoint, then this was a worthwhile conversation...if not? Good luck with yourself.

To be clear, you correlate defending one Vol to threatening the life of another? No middle ground...just absolute all the way? Can’t go with you on that journey. I don’t “celebrate” what happened on the sideline and I also don’t pretend to KNOW what happened. Lot of room for interpretation, and anyone that says there’s not is ruled by their own narrative. Personally I think he added a little english after the tackle and scrum WITHOUT intent to do harm. If you’re open minded to that viewpoint, then this was a worthwhile conversation...if not? Good luck with yourself.

Would you be defending a Vandy player if they had done that to one of ours?

Reactions: Volinnooga
What JJ did was not intentional but more opportunistic. And I'm not a JJ fan. But I call it like I see it. Just like what Myles Garrett did was a reaction. Personally I have had that same gut instinct when watching football with my mother in law who is a steelers fan.

Did you READ my post? No...I’d stay mostly silent, not RUSH to his defense! You exercise the same restraint?

What JJ did was not intentional but more opportunistic. And I'm not a JJ fan. But I call it like I see it. Just like what Myles Garrett did was a reaction. Personally I have had that same gut instinct when watching football with my mother in law who is a steelers fan.
I don’t think we disagree on the Jennings part. Disagree MIGHTILY on Garrett! “Stepping/stomping” vs using a helmet like Thor’s hammer.

I want to throw this out there too . Has always bugged me and I feel compelled to point it out whenever “they” or anybody else for that matter start spewing that “Ivy League / Harvard of the South “ crap. VU is an excellent school . VU is the most prestigious school in this state . VU however is NOT Ivy League caliber . I would say that VU is not Duke caliber .VU is not Stanford caliber . Hell for that matter you could make an argument that there are some GASP.... public state universities that are on par with VU. Michigan and UVA come to mind .

First, clean tackle. Both players slid down on the sideline covering. Second, they both slid into and through players, equipment people and equipment. This is where the headgear came off. Jennings did not rip it off. Stupid to even suggest that. Thirdly Jennings bounces up after getting untangled and accidentally steps, not stomps on the poor little fellas face. No penalty, no foul. And lastly, him being a Harvard graduate is irrelevant to the whole conversation. He was playing for the silver spoon set from West End, so screw him, them, their life preserver wearing coach, their school, and all three of their fans. They're two stupid to realize that a ship with its anchor down ain't going anywhere. No good fighting ship would have ever anchored down to fight a fight.

Last edited:

Heck no because I’m a Vol fan but also can see it wasn’t intentional regardless of who did it. Don’t expect Vandy to defend him and don’t expect Vandy to want him ejected. But don’t expect a Vol fan to convict him and want him ejected. If I thought JJ did it on purpose then I would have a problem. But the hit in the field of play with him running the football is fine. Football players live for big hits. I know I did.

Did you READ my post? No...I’d stay mostly silent, not RUSH to his defense! You exercise the same restraint?

If a Vanderbilt player had done that to Jennings or another Vol player (although Jennings would've beat his ass so it doesn't matter) I would've been livid that A) there wasn't a flag thrown B) the player wasn't ejected and C) possible further penalties weren't issued after the film was looked at.

So no, I probably wouldn't exercise the same restraint if a Vanderbilt player had done that instead of a Vol player. I love Jennings and realize he has an aggressive personality and that's part of what makes him successful, but even if we assume the cleat stomp was unintentional, the things he was seen doing and saying on camera before and after the hit are not a good look to me.

We all have our opinions on things, but I don't think me being critical of Jennings makes me any less if a Vol fan as the people who defend his actions last night.

If a Vanderbilt player had done that to Jennings or another Vol player (although Jennings would've beat his ass so it doesn't matter) I would've been livid that A) there wasn't a flag thrown B) the player wasn't ejected and C) possible further penalties weren't issued after the film was looked at.

So no, I probably wouldn't exercise the same restraint if a Vanderbilt player had done that instead of a Vol player. I love Jennings and realize he has an aggressive personality and that's part of what makes him successful, but even if we assume the cleat stomp was unintentional, the things he was seen doing and saying on camera before and after the hit are not a good look to me.

We all have our opinions on things, but I don't think me being critical of Jennings makes me any less if a Vol fan as the people who defend his actions last night.
I think I took your question in the vein of if I was a Vandy fan...my bad. I don’t think I’d be screaming for legal action to be taken...especially if there was as much little as what was seen around Jennings. Net result? I haven’t changed my position one iota and it’s not homer driven. Some of us weren’t built to carry out these quests for justice.

I think I took your question in the vein of if I was a Vandy fan...my bad. I don’t think I’d be screaming for legal action to be taken...especially if there was as much little as what was seen around Jennings. Net result? I haven’t changed my position one iota and it’s not homer driven. Some of us weren’t built to carry out these quests for justice.

All good, I meant if you were a Vol fan and a Vandy player did that to a Vols player instead. I'm not saying any justice should be done though. I simply think it was a bad look for Jennings and the Tennessee Vols as a whole. Of course I hope nothing further happens as far as punishment because I want to attend the Bowl Game and watch him to out with a bang. I just don't feel comfortable defending or trying to justify what he did last night.

I think if he contacted the player privately and apologized to him for accidentally stepping on his face and the comments he made afterward, that it would help matters. Maybe I sound like a "snowflake" but I think if it was truly unintentional Jauan could offer an apology and I hope he already has or will consider that

VN Store

Back