Outback bowl vs. Minnesota?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think this would be the most intriguing matchup for us. Two teams that have seen huge improvement this year with young coaches. One coach is an offensive innovator, the other is a defensive mastermind.
It might be PJ Fleck's last game at Minnesota if he gets hired by Arkansas,Missouri or FSU

Reactions: MAD
If you had told me after 5 games in that we would even be discussing this, the very idea of going to the Outback bowl, I would have said you were nuts Yet here we are. I think Minnesota would be a tough challenge and we would have to play that "complete game" that Pruitt keeps looking for in order to win it. Would love the chance.

It might be PJ Fleck's last game at Minnesota if he gets hired by Arkansas,Missouri or FSU

If he’s smart he’ll stay where he is, could be a legend there.

Beliema should be a warning to every semi successful Big 10 coach. Plus, Arkansans might lose their mind if they hire another Big 10 coach.

If you had told me after 5 games in that we would even be discussing this, the very idea of going to the Outback bowl, I would have said you were nuts Yet here we are. I think Minnesota would be a tough challenge and we would have to play that "complete game" that Pruitt keeps looking for in order to win it. Would love the chance.
Minnesota is severely outmatched agaisnt us every where. Its Michigan or Penn State. That's what we want.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I don't think that Minnesota being motivated will be a problem for them. They are a scrappy bunch; they just got out talented and worn down by the end of the season. They had a brutal end of the schedule, and if anything, I expect them to be a really tough out. I wouldn't mind playing them. I personally like watching them play and how Fleck runs a program. They are a good story and we would match up with them better than ACC team like UVA. We have been pretty decent against the Big 10 style of offense, but struggled to stop running QB's. I don't want to end up playing Penn State, but other than that, there isn't any other BIG 10 team that we don't match up with very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back