Pruitt might not win COY

Pruitt’s first two seasons have started off slow and unprepared, it’s on him and his staff.

Yup. The reason Butch got fired was because he never learned from his mistakes. He made the same mistakes, year after year.

We’ll know if Pruitt learns from his mistakes at the start of next year. If the team comes out sloppy in their first few games, well, with that happening 3 years in a row, that is not a good sign.

But I couldn’t be more proud of the job he’s done for our program. What an amazing turnaround from starting 1-4 and thinking we were gonna be lucky to win 3 games. Now we’re 7-5 and should get a really decent bowl. I will never forget this 2019 team!

Shouuld have started 3-4 and finished at least 9-3!

Sorry, I hate to sound like a killjoy but I'm not proud of anything. Those first two games were unforgivable and anything short of an SEC championship wasn't going to make up for that. We salvaged the season as best we could and for that I'm glad. But the word "proud" will never be uttered from my lips when describing this season.
Give it a rest fun boy ....pull the stick out of your big behind and just enjoy the improvement

Sorry, I hate to sound like a killjoy but I'm not proud of anything. Those first two games were unforgivable and anything short of an SEC championship wasn't going to make up for that. We salvaged the season as best we could and for that I'm glad. But the word "proud" will never be uttered from my lips when describing this season.
🤣

Reactions: VOLSONLY
And what's even more impressive in my mind is we're 5-3 in conference and sitting 3rd in the east.

Now while we're waiting for bowl prep let's get on the road n get some cruits to come rep the T.......
Let us not lose fact that Miss State, S Car, Missouri, Kentucky, and Vandy were all worse than last yr?

Reactions: 08Vol and FLVOL_79
I like Pruitt to be COY but though it makes my Vol blood boil, I think Stoops probably should win it. He has no QB, took a WR and mostly won despite that. Saw part of their Louisville game yesterday and impressed. Pruitt putting out the dumpster fire and getting us to a bowl despite a horror beginning is impressive. Plus dealing with QB that has talent but didn't know how to use it and an OL that made it worse. A defense that was cat poop. Turning all this around is amazing. But Stoops just might have more than his toes in the door.

Last edited:

you're a mean one Mr. Grinch...bet you're a blast at parties...:D:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Remember when 7 wins meant it was time to fire Fulmer? I member..

Yep
Times were way worse this time around
We won against teams we weren’t beating last year or the year before ...... Unfortunately for you we improved this year so your fire Pruitt agenda will not work right now

Anytime you lose the way we did at the first of the season, it's a team loss , including the coaches ...however ; let's not make this what it isn't . Coaching doesn't lose to Ga State . The group of players we put on the field should have been able to drag them into the parking lot by the middle of the 2nd qtr , rusty or not. Those losses were squarely on the players. Maybe Pruitt should have made some quick personnel changes when it was clear things weren't going well, but good players run through teams like that on instinct. Ga State was a total lack of anything resembling competitive spirit and that's on the players. Not coaching. The team finally decided it was tired of being embarrassed and it responded with 7-5 . You don't win Daytona on 5 cylinders and 3 warped wheels.

You are entitled to your opinion, but i don't think the team was ready to play those first two games. Coach Pruitt is responsible for getting the team ready to play. The team layed an egg. A lot of that is on the coach. When there are a lot of new players the first game is hard to prepare for, especially for a first time head coach. I hope he learned a lesson from those embarrassing losses, and comes out next year with a much more prepared team. Having the team ready 5 games into the season is just to late. I feel he can get it done but like has been posted before he is learning on the job, and losing to Georgia State was a million dollar embarrassing mistake.

I like Pruitt to be COY but though it makes my Vol blood boil, I think Stoops probably should win it. He has no QB, took a WR and mostly won despite that. Saw part of their Louisville game yesterday and impressed. Pruitt putting out the dumpster fire and getting us to a bowl despite a horror beginning is impressive. Plus dealing with QB that has talent but didn't know how to use it and an OL that made it worse. A defense that was cat poop. Turning all this around is amazing. But Stoops just might have more than his toes in the door.
So sick of this take I keep seeing it everywhere. Having depth at QB is part of building a roster. He had to put a WR there bc he can’t recruit quarterbacks and Bowden is the best option. It doesn’t make him Bear Bryant nor is it an indication of great coaching.

So sick of this take I keep seeing it everywhere. Having depth at QB is part of building a roster. He had to put a WR there bc he can’t recruit quarterbacks and Bowden is the best option. It doesn’t make him Bear Bryant nor is it an indication of great coaching.

youse got youse openyon, Ise got my openyon. If that makes you sick, see a doctor. I got no problem wid yosen. probly cause I got vaccinated.

I have to agree with this sentiment. This team averted potential disaster and salvaged the season after that unforgivable 1-4 start. This team is still a long way from competing with the likes of Alabama, Georgia and LSU on a regular basis. Until recruiting takes a major step up you can expect nothing better than 7-8 wins each year.

Just for the record they competed with Bama this year.

Yep
Times were way worse this time around
We won against teams we weren’t beating last year or the year before ...... Unfortunately for you we improved this year so your fire Pruitt agenda will not work right now
Lol. Fire Pruitt agenda. Nice jump to false conclusions based on your emotions. Bless your heart.

Reactions: csprig9
Just for the record they competed with Bama this year.
I disagree with your definition of "compete". "Competing" means being well into the fourth quarter with a real chance to win the game, not hanging around until eventually succumbing by three touchdowns, like Vandy did last night.

Reactions: 08Vol
While we are having fun debating CJP for COY, let's reflect what it could have been. May GOD bless our great fan base for preventing this disaster few years ago.

Lol. Fire Pruitt agenda. Nice jump to false conclusions based on your emotions. Bless your heart.
Well thank you
Some of you guys can’t be pleased
Sorry to break it to you but fulmer won’t be our coach again

And last year’s team quit on Pruitt. This one did not. I agree that is an improvement. But as I believe you wrote in another thread, there’s a long way left to go. A bowl win would be a nice next step.

Agreed. A bowl win this year, followed by beating everyone we are supposed to next year (need to get back to standard where that list includes all except Bama, UGA, and UF, where we should still always win at least one of those 3 - this would get us back to close to 10 W seasons as it should always be the expectation at Tennessee).

VN Store

Back