JJ do better man

I don't care, I am just glad he got away with it and gets to play in the bowl game. Vandy should dread playing Tennessee. The conventional wisdom is that only George Cafego and Snapper the area sports talk caller care about the Vandy game. I don't care especially other than the belief that any coach that loses to them twice should be fired and the teams involved in the loses should feel nothing but shame and regret for allowing it to happen. I feel for the Vandy players over all they never measure up as far as SEC talent and when they do it is an indication of poor recruiting and subpar UTAD leadership. Vandy sucks the blood out of the SEC pocketbook and uses the revenue to float the Vandy athletic department for the sports they care about. They send that bunch out to get their heads stomped on to collect a share of the SEC TV package.

Understand I would never allow JJ into my house and I hope he gets a shot in the NFL so he will leave the Knoxville metropolitan area after football is finished. My threshold is low, but he is not out committing rape, killings, or breaking into houses. He apparently is doing enough in the classroom to retain his eligibility. He is not threatening gun violence or the shooting of police officers. He is just roughing up a bunch of Vandy ball players being used by the Vanderbilt program to finance sports at a school for the children of the privileged. They are getting a top notch education that is just below the standards of Harvard Yale Stanford and Notre Dame and in exchange they get to line up in the SEC and be the doormats of the SEC football super league. Some players grow into NFL prospects and play on Sunday. The smart ones get a quality education and the mouthy ones take a beating on the sidelines.

He was aware that the guys helmet had come off. He has to be more careful in that situation. Intentional or not, he’s certainly guilty of negligence.

Like the OP said, do better.

And as Melania says: Be Best.

Reactions: orangealways
He meant to. He mauled him on ground before he stomped his face. Ought to miss the bowl game if not be arrested.
Every will have their own take. But it looked to me like the “mauling” was actually the vandy trash getting pissed and grabbing JJ after a good hit. Naturally he’s going to retaliate. Who wouldn’t. Obviously some extra curricular going on but I don’t think the face stomp was intentional. He’s not that type of player

Reactions: Ratvol
I don't care, I am just glad he got away with it and gets to play in the bowl game. Vandy should dread playing Tennessee. The conventional wisdom is that only George Cafego and Snapper the area sports talk caller care about the Vandy game. I don't care especially other than the belief that any coach that loses to them twice should be fired and the teams involved in the loses should feel nothing but shame and regret for allowing it to happen. I feel for the Vandy players over all they never measure up as far as SEC talent and when they do it is an indication of poor recruiting and subpar UTAD leadership. Vandy sucks the blood out of the SEC pocketbook and uses the revenue to float the Vandy athletic department for the sports they care about. They send that bunch out to get their heads stomped on to collect a share of the SEC TV package.

Understand I would never allow JJ into my house and I hope he gets a shot in the NFL so he will leave the Knoxville metropolitan area after football is finished. My threshold is low, but he is not out committing rape, killings, or breaking into houses. He apparently is doing enough in the classroom to retain his eligibility. He is not threatening gun violence or the shooting of police officers. He is just roughing up a bunch of Vandy ball players being used by the Vanderbilt program to finance sports at a school for the children of the privileged. They are getting a top notch education that is just below the standards of Harvard Yale Stanford and Notre Dame and in exchange they get to line up in the SEC and be the doormats of the SEC football super league. Some players grow into NFL prospects and play on Sunday. The smart ones get a quality education and the mouthy ones take a beating on the sidelines.
This just hit ESPN sec will be calling soon

Call me names all you want, but you would feel different if JJ was the one getting stepped on
Actually, no I wouldn't....he should NOT have taken his helmet off, and should have gotten the unsportsmanlike....but in no way do I think he intentionally stepped on his head. His hips were already turning before he put his foot down, probably in a reaction to the commotion behind him. When you stomp someone with intent you start movement from your knee down to hit your target. But I stand by my comment about what you are.

Reactions: T_Vol376
Sometimes I wonder if we need a rehab center for PTSD/BVS. That was a clean, legal, vicious football hit, which we celebrated for about 120 years. JJ wasn't even looking down when he caught the guy with his foot.

People who have a problem here might move on to the finer arts of figure skating, ballet, or curling.

KenPom says there’s currently a 62% chance of Jennings being suspended for the bowl game?

If that's the case why did the UGA receiver only get a one half game suspension for the SECCG after he tried to run the kids head into the wall?

Sometimes I wonder if we need a rehab center for PTSD/BVS. That was a clean, legal, vicious football hit, which we celebrated for about 120 years. JJ wasn't even looking down when he caught the guy with his foot.

People who have a problem here might move on to the finer arts of figure skating, ballet, or curling.
This all day

Reactions: VOLSONLY

No need to drag curling into this!

Actually, no I wouldn't....he should NOT have taken his helmet off, and should have gotten the unsportsmanlike....but in no way do I think he intentionally stepped on his head. His hips were already turning before he put his foot down, probably in a reaction to the commotion behind him. When you stomp someone with intent you start movement from your knee down to hit your target. But I stand by my comment about what you are.

Why do you think he took his helmet off? For the Hell of it? He didn't stomp, but he did step on his head.

Reactions: orangealways

VN Store

Back