UT Room

vqGeMsr.gif

ONLY way to make it better?

Urinal cake with Butch Jones’ FACE in that toilet!

Finally got around to posting some pictures of my Tennessee room. At my last house, I had a checkerboard on my ceiling tiles. Here, I wanted to try to do a checkerboard on the floor. I also wanted to incorporate the Smokey Gray pattern, so I decided to paint it on the back wall. Over the years, I have collected items that are meaningful to me, but maybe not valued by many others... My favorite items are in the front right corner of the room. They are from my Dad’s days at UT. He played on the freshmen football and basketball teams in the mid 60s.

View attachment 241710View attachment 241711View attachment 241712View attachment 241713View attachment 241714View attachment 241715View attachment 241716View attachment 241717View attachment 241718

One thing missing, you need at lease a 80" UHD 5K Flat Screen.......other than that...........just Wow!

Reactions: MillerTime80
The floor was time consuming, but I really like how it turned out.

View attachment 241727View attachment 241728

If I could make one observation, the Wood Paneling is not meshing well with the rest of this awesome room, not sure what else to place there, maybe some kind of mural of Neyland or a mesh of The Summit with Neyland Stadium. I love the door........just something about the wood panels...........jmo..............Go Vols!

That is simply amazing. You're right to be proud of it. Really like everything about it. Looks like a professional designer's work. Very tasteful, especially the use of the Smoky Grey.

May I ask about the "1969" sweater? I know we were SEC Champs that year but does the sweater hold some particular significance to you -- eg. was that the year you graduated, or your first season? Is it vintage? Regardless, it's very cool.

If I could make one observation, the Wood Paneling is not meshing well with the rest of this awesome room, not sure what else to place there, maybe some kind of mural of Neyland or a mesh of The Summit with Neyland Stadium. I love the door........just something about the wood panels...........jmo..............Go Vols!

Fair enough... I used a rough cut pine and stained it various shades of brown & Gray to try to coordinate the room. 3F767846-1144-40AF-A9BB-65F54F8A3E17.jpeg3A6ADEB0-BDB9-41A5-9EB1-4EB1D14345A5.jpeg27E728A9-24AB-4323-8C09-3B64F5F9C951.jpegA7FE0419-F505-47E2-9669-7AFE2820B467.jpeg93A35C3F-F9D0-4034-A9F8-15E68FC4D0EA.jpeg

I think the wood paneling is a great touch -- it might even make the room, IMO. Sometimes I think people go a little overboard having only orange and white and it's nice to balance it out with something that gives the space a little bit of warmth.

Also, smart idea to include a place for the wife to sleep when you're mad at her.

Beautiful.... and full-on OCD for sure. I really like the horizontal plank wall. Ask Chip and Joanna, they like the style also. And to top it off you highlighted your pop's relationship with Coach Cafego during Vandy week! Any old-schooler knows how much he despised the Commode-Doors.

Man, the memories. And saying good-evening to Andy Holt outside Glocker (I'm an old dude now). Thanks for sharing and for stirring up thoughts of the good old days.

That is simply amazing. You're right to be proud of it. Really like everything about it. Looks like a professional designer's work. Very tasteful, especially the use of the Smoky Grey.

May I ask about the "1969" sweater? I know we were SEC Champs that year but does the sweater hold some particular significance to you -- eg. was that the year you graduated, or your first season? Is it vintage? Regardless, it's very cool.

The sweater was my Dad’s. Back then, they used to stitch in the players name inside, so I took the nameplate out and when I had it framed, I had it mounted under the sweater.

Last edited:
Reactions: CampBlount
I think the wood paneling is a great touch -- it might even make the room, IMO. Sometimes I think people go a little overboard having only orange and white and it's nice to balance it out with something that gives the space a little bit of warmth.

Also, smart idea to include a place for the wife to sleep when you're mad at her.

Much appreciated. That’s exactly what I was going for.

Fair enough. It honestly think it works well with the room size (I looked at TV sizes and sitting proximities) but I do wish I had gone with a little bigger TV. I got a really great deal on this one, so I will enjoy this one for awhile...

Man Rule #27: There is no such thing as a TV that is "big enough".

Show some love for James "Little Man" Stewart" #33. Nice! Love the shiplap accent wall! Did Chip and Joanna Gains design your room? Now, you just need some sliding barn doors and a few free floating shelves!

Show some love for James "Little Man" Stewart" #33. Nice! Love the shiplap accent wall! Did Chip and Joanna Gains design your room? Now, you just need some sliding barn doors and a few free floating shelves!

One of my favorite VOLS back in the day... and thanks! To maximize space, I used a barn door going to the bathroom and I actually have my sound bar (under the TV) sitting on a floating shelf.

Reactions: kbear01

VN Store

Back