'19 Vanderbilt game visitors thread

USC could stand to add a little punch to its offense next season, and the Gamecocks are looking at former Nebraska receiver Miles Jones as a possibility. Jones spent the past two seasons with the Cornhuskers. He redshirted in 2018 after having shoulder surgery, and this season he played in four games before deciding to transfer.

...The Gamecocks are not in position to offer Jones a scholarship at this point. Thatā€™s something he was aware of prior to his visit. ā€œIt would be a preferred walk-on spot simply because they donā€™t have enough scholarship spots left, but they want me,ā€ Jones said. ā€œI could go there and still earn a scholarship. It doesnā€™t turn me off, itā€™s definitely something Iā€™ll consider. Most schools donā€™t have scholarship spots, so a lot of places Iā€™m looking at right now are just preferred walk-on spots anyway.ā€

As a high school senior, Jones led his 14-0 team coached by former NFL star defensive back Patrick Surtain in punt returns, kickoff returns and all-purpose yards (1,830). He averaged over 11 yards per carry and scored 12 touchdowns, and he caught 29 passes. Jones plans to visit Tennessee this weekend. Heā€™s also considering FCS programs Tennessee State and Florida A&M, two places he could play immediately. Jones said he wants to make his decision in early December.

Recruiting: Gamecocks' holiday wish list includes defensive end, wide receiver

Haven't really paid attention to his recruitment. But isn't that his brother?

Not his brother but cousin or something. Might even be uncle/nephew iirc.

Edit: I remembered incorrectly. Per @PulaskiVolFan in Deeā€™s thread, Cam is his brother. My bad my bad.

Bet we take cam as a walk on. Heā€™s been visiting a number of times recently.

VN Store

Back