'20 AL ATH Damarcus "Dee" Beckwith (Tennessee signee)

What's the word here ? Have we given up here or has he shunned us ? One of the bery best athletes in this class and seemed to be very interested in TN, and now nothing ?

And if one of the sports is football, then the scholarship gets tagged to the football program, not to the other sport.
Correct. Bear Bryant Rule.
It’s technically the “highest revenue” sport. Just so happens that it’s almost always Football.

So it is theoretically possible for a kid to play Basketball & Football, and have the scholarship count towards Basketball. Basketball at the hypothetical school would simply have to generate more revenue than Football.

Not sure if there are any actual examples. It would have to be a traditional Basketball power that has a weak Football program.

Something like Kansas or Georgetown or UConn maybe.

Reactions: Vol Main
It’s technically the “highest revenue” sport. Just so happens that it’s almost always Football.

So it is theoretically possible for a kid to play Basketball & Football, and have the scholarship count towards Basketball. Basketball at the hypothetical school would simply have to generate more revenue than Football.

Not sure if there are any actual examples. It would have to be a traditional Basketball power that has a weak Football program.

Kansas football actually generates more revenue but basketball is more profitable because of less expenses. Villanova is one I know for sure that basketball generates more revenue. Georgetown is probably a good guess as well.

Reactions: 85SugarVol

I think Ronald Curry for UNC would apply. Couldn’t confirm it, but he played both football and basketball and started for both teams.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

Or Kentucky.....lol

He is visiting this weekend!!!

Awesome news ! I love this kids versatility, would love to have him in this class. Been wrong before, but I believe he's got stardom in his future. I have some relatives in Bamaland that swear by him and claim he is the best athlete in the state. So glad we are still working here ! Thanks for the info !

VN Store

Back