Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything a TO is called on the first play of any drive that’s a coaching/organization type problem

It’s never excusable
Why in the F are you complaining? We are 6-5, bowl eligible, we WON the game. Just be happy and quit complaining, no one has time for it....especially on a Monday.

We also had 3 timeouts with 0:38 on the clock and marched 66 yards on 5 plays to put more points on the board.

Took the TO on our own 24 as well, once we saw confusion lining up & a new look by Missouri. Then Jordan ran for a first down out of that TO, we took the 2nd and then JG hit 2 straight passes to Palmer of 20+

I wasn't a huge fan of the scramble on the Mizzou 22 with just 1 TO. But based on how tight the Red Zone gets and how poorly we've been about turnovers, it was a smart play to just make the FG easier and give Missouri no time.
As fans we’ve been on the wrong side of these situations WAY too many times. Our very recent history has us running three times or simply taking a knee. Hell, Dooley’s watershed moment was taking a knee at the end of our first game against Mizzou...with Tyler Bray and plenty of time on the clock, to PLAY FOR OVERTIME. “Only scored a FG”? Cry me a river! 😭

Why in the F are you complaining? We are 6-5, bowl eligible, we WON the game. Just be happy and quit complaining, no one has time for it....especially on a Monday.

A Monday after the Vols AND Titans win! And we get to see the BasketVols play at 7PM.

It's also a short week with the Holiday!

As fans we’ve been on the wrong side of these situations WAY too many times. Our very recent history has us running three times or simply taking a knee. Hell, Dooley’s watershed moment was taking a knee at the end of our first game against Mizzou...with Tyler Bray and plenty of time on the clock, to PLAY FOR OVERTIME. “Only scored a FG”? Cry me a river! 😭

Pruitt is far better at playing to team strengths than Butch or Dooley ever were. 14-10 with Mizzou opening the half with the ball is a different type of 3rd quarter than 17-10. Put the pressure on them to come out and get points coming out cold from the locker room and it freaking worked. They came out for the 2nd half and went 3 & out.

We would have been up 20-10, but Brent was kicking into the center's back for some damn reason...course DWA's stupid penalty derailed the drive. Had he not responded we had a free 15 yards. That turned into a 10 point swing, blocked FG took 3 from us and they had a short field and scored a TD.

Defense played a great game though, only gave up 4 drives over 50 yards on the road and held 2 of those drives to FGs. Forced them to punt 7 times...that game was one turnover from being a legit blowout, they did a good job of taking care of the ball though.

I love a good redemption story..make NO mistake..this is a redemption story, which means he had to redeem himself from something..

The criticism was warranted, I will not apologize, or retract one thing I said...

To do that would lessen the near miraculous nature of this return from the abyss..this kids career was DEAD...the only people that still believed in him were Jeremy F'n Pruitt and himself...

I love this, and I hope the kid goes out at UT like a Capo..

🤩
I was referring to the people who said he was being selfish, not the caliber of his play. He made some big mistakes on the field but not because he was being selfish.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Michigan or Penn State. Want to talk about offseason momentum? A win over one of them would bring it.
Let's play Michigan. It will be fun beating them with the players we stole from them.
Q and Gray have nice days, while Bailey is watching. Sounds great to me.
Can't forget about Solomon.

Pruitt is far better at playing to team strengths than Butch or Dooley ever were. 14-10 with Mizzou opening the half with the ball is a different type of 3rd quarter than 17-10. Put the pressure on them to come out and get points coming out cold from the locker room and it freaking worked. They came out for the 2nd half and went 3 & out.

We would have been up 20-10, but Brent was kicking into the center's back for some damn reason...course DWA's stupid penalty derailed the drive. Had he not responded we had a free 15 yards. That turned into a 10 point swing, blocked FG took 3 from us and they had a short field and scored a TD.

Defense played a great game though, only gave up 4 drives over 50 yards on the road and held 2 of those drives to FGs. Forced them to punt 7 times...that game was one turnover from being a legit blowout, they did a good job of taking care of the ball though.
Tim Priest said that on both blocks, Joe Doyle was too close to the LOS. That made the blocks a simple matter of timing with the DL jumps.

The only 2 "room to improve" things to me coming outta that game are kicking & penalties. Obviously need to play cleaner games and not stall our own drives with mistakes. I think the team is playing hard as hell right now, which has lead to a few aggressive mistakes. They'll get those cleaned up though, it comes down to experience to avoid that sort of stuff.

Brent & Brooks just had poor days kicking somewhat expected with cold weather.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back