Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how much it’s been mentioned, but during this 4 game win streak this team has outscored its opponents 52-17 in the second half with 2 second half shutouts. Mizzou’s 10 points has been the most scored in the 2nd half since Bama scored 14.

It’s nice to see intelligent 2nd half adjustments...I still have PTSD from the 2015 season.

From the comments

EKGsS0aWkAUZt2f.jpg:large

Then he throws his shoulderpads into number 14 in the endzone and leaves him laying on the ground. There always seems to be this path of destruction left in his wake. They should invent a new version of "Where's Waldo" called "Where's JJ". To win, all you have to do is trace the path of the poor fools who attempted to tackle him :D
That Bolton kid for Mizzou was a hoss...I thought he was their best player on defense last night. Dude was laying some licks.

Reactions: ionaVOL
If you're doing it right.... The result is just another part of The process.... The result is really inconsequential to it.

Cause the process is supposed to just be "the how" things are done... Sustainable habits... Consistency. Reliability. And most importantly..."the who" shouldn't ever matter.

If you're result is dependent on a person or certain people... The problem arises when those people go away...

So the question is... Do you have a person or a process?
Like I said..I get all that.

Nevermind...I typed a long winded reply, but I believe in process. I just believe the human element, and how you manage it is just as big a part of the process.

Two phony trip penalties and a bad holding call wiped out important plays. Those trip penalties give the appearance that the officials planned those in advance.
Patriots got the calls ala Alabama.
I’m a Cowboys fan and the Patriots did get the calls and the tripping calls were terrible calls but Belichick could have Alzheimer’s and still out coach Garrett. Horrible special teams and head coaching cost Cowboys. When you see one kick off land at the ten why do you let it happen 2 more times? Blocked punts, Missed fg. The list goes on. Garrett is just a bad coach

I'm glad Pruit was pissed after a win. We didn't play well at all, actually made a lot of dumb plays that could of easily lost the game. 2 blocked FG's are inexcuable. Coaches should never satisfied, and always looking to improve. That's what makes Pruitt a great coach. Butch Jones would of been happy with that effort, not Pruitt.
Blocked FG’s
Horrible punting
Letting punts drop instead of fielding
We don’t even return kickoffs

What exactly does our Special Teams coach do?

Consider me unimpressed. Upgrade needed.

I think Cole has a good relationship with Pruitt. He seems to have a ton of respect for him and as @InVOLuntary pointed out, Pruitt was smiling and shaking Cole's hand as soon as the interview was over.

Cole has the inside scoop on Trey’s practice habits a month ago which rustled the Knoxville media’s jimmies. I’d say he is in with Pruitt.

I honestly thought Pruitt looked as relaxed and genuinely happy in that interaction as any time I have seen him.

Cole has the inside scoop on Trey’s practice habits a month ago which rustled the Knoxville media’s jimmies. I’d say he is in with Pruitt.

I honestly thought Pruitt looked as relaxed and genuinely happy in that interaction as any time I have seen him.
Agree. Coaches pick who wants to break the real stories.

If JG wants to meet me at waffle House and kick me square in the jewels I'll allow it. I left him for dead many times and he played one of the best games of any UT qb in history last night. Mad respect for that kid.

I will take a jewel shot with ya. I been on JG like invol on a swiss cake but JG threw some clutch passes and our WR's have been balling lately especially Palmer.

1. How dumb must Ignont and Reid feel? Not only would they have gotten more playing time due to injuries, but now we’ve turned the season around and the team is having a blast.

2. My fear is Palmer is having a decent enough season to declare for the draft early. You never know with receivers.

3. Jamir Johnson has a **** attitude. I get he wants to play but his whiney tweet after that win is telling. Kids 260lbs. Can’t fault the staff for barely playing him. I imagine he’ll be a graduate transfer and play at some MAC school next year. Frees up a scholarship.

4. I don’t want him to, but I think CFA grad transfers also.

5. Reid went to Illinois State iirc and Maleik Gray went JUCO. Did any of our other quitters find homes?

6. I can’t stress about recruiting when this staff is making guys like Butler, Bumphus, and Bennett solid role players. Who ever we get will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back