JG received death threats earlier this year

VetVol

Man of few posts
MSN Sports posted this article about Guarantano. (SMH! Can not believe ANYONE would be that low/stupid!)

Tennessee QB Jarrett Guarantano says he received death threats during 2019 season

Then the Tennessee quarterback shed light on the lowest point, referencing death threats he received and messages his sister, also a Tennessee student, received. And he thanked his teammates for their support through it all.

“There were so many guys that were there for me throughout the death threats, the mean messages to the sister," Guarantano said. "They were all there for me and it really meant a lot. There were some hectic times for me and they were there for me every step on the way.”

Last edited:
No way for social media sites to control all of the things that are said. But it seems like they should be required to log content and provide traceability back to a real person.

A few draconian punishments of people making death threats would go a long way toward stopping it.

Reactions: tbones0711
These things should always be taken seriously these days. Look at all the crazies we have shooting people in schools, malls and everywhere else. They should track these people down and put the fear of god in them. Make them understand what is acceptable behavior in a civilized society.

If anyone from our site is involved with this absolutely unforgiviable action, they should be permanently banned from any website associated with Tennessee. Unfortunately, there are some on this site that I could honestly believe would call in a death threat to a college student. You know who you are, go ahead and defend yourself but I won't see your responses.

He said "no". Not condoning it doesn't make it go away.

The best answer is to avoid social media. All of it. But kids won't, its in their DNA. That's too bad.

Most will live to regret it.
This isn't about social media. Social media makes it easier because we all have access to each other, and things can be said with the simple click of a button. This sort of behavior, however, predates social media by a few decades. Saying that it's not acceptable but that it comes with the territory is a distinction without a difference. The moment that you say it comes with the territory, you have accepted it, and you are telling others to do so as well. We prevent this by punishing the perpetrators. Period. Death threats are not protected by the first amendment and should not be tolerated at all. Take it seriously the first time, so we're not asking "How did this happen?" when someone actually follows through.

VN Store

Back