Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair, they are definitely the overall best.
opinions certainly vary.

Like an inlaw requesting to watch Fox News inside your house. I kid.

Anyway, SW was always for kids. Lucas is on record saying he never intended it to be taken to level it is now. It was a kids movie. Phantom Menace, etc is clearly meant for kiddos. Now the newer stuff is Disney capitalizing on Gen Xers who have kids and $.

watch the OG Doc on Disney Plus. Good stuff.

opinions certainly vary.

Like an inlaw requesting to watch Fox News inside your house. I kid.

Anyway, SW was always for kids. Lucas is on record saying he never intended it to be taken to level it is now. It was a kids movie. Phantom Menace, etc is clearly meant for kiddos. Now the newer stuff is Disney capitalizing on Gen Xers who have kids and $.

watch the OG Doc on Disney Plus. Good stuff.
Empire of Dreams? I watched it a while back on YouTube actually and it is very good.

I agree, at their heart they are for kids.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Empire of Dreams? I watched it a while back on YouTube actually and it is very good.

I agree, at their heart they are for kids.
My 3 & 5 year old have started asking me questions about the shows & movies. Not quite ready yet.

What's cool & exciting is the sheer amount of toys kids have. As a Dad, its hard not to get excited about being able to get involved on that side of things.

Watched a Lego Doc on HBO couple weeks back. Def stoked the nostalgia. Ive saved all my old Legos for kids to play with, if they like. If i took time to piece them together, they could be worth something. But, i'm truly hoping they will get more out of them than I.

My pt? Lol, there are app adults who still play with Legos. Didnt realize it. Dont know how they have time. Thats not for me. But i am super stoked at idea of my kiddos playing with Legos, sp SW Stuff. there is some insane SW Legos now.

I also have all my Star Wars toys boxed up for my future kids. My brother and I grew up with the OT introduced by our dad and right when we had really gotten into it, Phantom Menace dropped. 1997-2005 was an amazing time to be a SW fan between the prequels and video games and since it was during our formative years, we still love them.

I suspect our situation is why Millennials love the prequels so much, they may not be as good but they were OUR Star Wars. It's also why in the last few years, their popularity has skyrocketed imo.

Swiss rolls
tenor.gif

Original trilogy is solid. Really fun to watch.

Second trilogy sucks, but has it’s moments.

Latest trilogy is unwatchable and has no redeeming qualities.
Idk about that. Force Awakens was pretty good. Rogue One and Solo were pretty solid in my book. Absolutely hated Last Jedi though. Can't make any judgments on Return of Skywalker yet.

Reactions: KokoBVol
Idk about that. Force Awakens was pretty good. Rogue One and Solo were pretty solid in my book. Absolutely hated Last Jedi though. Can't make any judgments on Return of Skywalker yet.

Rogue one was one of, if not the best, Star Wars movie ever made. I don’t consider the stand alones trilogy. I personally did not like solo.

I was very disappointed with A New Hope part II (ahem, I mean the force awakens).

I love the OT. Revenge of the Sith was decent. I can watch The Phantom Menace. Everything else with the newer trilogies is garbage IMO.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
So basically the hit that was "heat of the moment" the other night, was actually sparked by words plays earlier?

Good grief Garrett, just serve your penalty and sthu.
I’m just shocked that anyone would say anything inflammatory in the midst of a high intensity sporting competition. When I played, it was basically like Christmas with friends I never met before.

I’m just shocked that anyone would say anything inflammatory in the midst of a high intensity sporting competition. When I played, it was basically like Christmas with friends I never met before.

Yeah, I'm sure even that happens more than it should, probably 3x as much during, say, the 70's.

But dude was definitely better off with "heat of the moment, I'm sorry" than "he said something terrible, a head clubbing was nature's course."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back