'20 NC WR Porter Rooks (NC State Commit 12/12/18)

Bump

I bet if we’re done recruiting Jarrett we go all in right here; Try to pair him with the Moose kid from the same school. That and Bailey is REALLY good friends with him. Plus it’s NC State.. no kid that knows better for them is gonna pick whatever NC States coach has going on over Tee Martin and the SEC. could be an easy flip compared to some others who are committed to in conference schools

Why would we stop recruiting Jarrett?

Sorry in advance for the bump. I don't have any inside info on this kid so if that's all your hoping for, then you can stop reading now.

But if you're here for a little message board speculation and fun, keep reading.

4-6 (1-5) NC State plays at 2-8 (1-6) Georgia Tech tonight on ESPN. NC State has lost four (4) games in a row, all to ACC teams, by a combined 114 points (average margin of defeat over that period is 28.5 pts). Georgia Tech is actually a 2 pt. favorite tonight, despite getting waxed 45-0 at home by Virginia Tech last week and riding a 3 game losing streak of their own.

Dave Doeren is in his seventh year at NC State and needs to win out against both GT and UNC in order to get bowl eligible. In 7 years, he's only 47-40 overall and 21-33 in league games. Before Doeren, NCSU was coached by Tom O'Brien who was fired after his sixth season in which they went 7-5 (4-4) in the league. Tom O'Brien actually had more ACC wins (22) in six season than Doeren has in almost seven complete seasons (21).

According to the Raleigh News & Observer (https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article237575574.html ), NC State only has 10 players left on the roster from thier 2016 class, and only 13 from the 2017 class -- a combined attrition rate of nearly 50%.

Needless to say, the natives in Raleigh are restless with Doeren. If they were to lose tonight, his seat would be extremely hot.

Which brings us to Rooks. It appeared we had a ton of momentum back in the spring/summer of 2018. If there is instability at NCSU, it is not a stretch at all to think the Vols could get back involved here. I'll bet they're trying already.

Let's see if this heats up. Here's hoping.

Sorry in advance for the bump. I don't have any inside info on this kid so if that's all your hoping for, then you can stop reading now.

But if you're here for a little message board speculation and fun, keep reading.

4-6 (1-5) NC State plays at 2-8 (1-6) Georgia Tech tonight on ESPN. NC State has lost four (4) games in a row, all to ACC teams, by a combined 114 points (average margin of defeat over that period is 28.5 pts). Georgia Tech is actually a 2 pt. favorite tonight, despite getting waxed 45-0 at home by Virginia Tech last week and riding a 3 game losing streak of their own.

Dave Doeren is in his seventh year at NC State and needs to win out against both GT and UNC in order to get bowl eligible. In 7 years, he's only 47-40 overall and 21-33 in league games. Before Doeren, NCSU was coached by Tom O'Brien who was fired after his sixth season in which they went 7-5 (4-4) in the league. Tom O'Brien actually had more ACC wins (22) in six season than Doeren has in almost seven complete seasons (21).

According to the Raleigh News & Observer (https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article237575574.html ), NC State only has 10 players left on the roster from thier 2016 class, and only 13 from the 2017 class -- a combined attrition rate of nearly 50%.

Needless to say, the natives in Raleigh are restless with Doeren. If they were to lose tonight, his seat would be extremely hot.

Which brings us to Rooks. It appeared we had a ton of momentum back in the spring/summer of 2018. If there is instability at NCSU, it is not a stretch at all to think the Vols could get back involved here. I'll bet they're trying already.

I still can't believe this kid committed to second rate State to begin with.

Also, still can't believe we almost hired Boring Doeren to coach the Vols. Man what a disaster that would have been.

Last edited:
I still can't believe this kid committed to second rate State to begin with.

Also, still can't believe we almost hired Boring Doeren to coach the Vols. Man what a disaster that would have been.
Currie tried to bury our program. We were on our death bed, he was the executioner sent to finish the job

I stopped paying attention to him when he committed, but his ranking has gone down substantially. Disappointing senior year? Injured? 4.7 verified 40 time may play a role.

thank God VOLTwitter saved us from the Doeren trainwreck! #winning

Pass. Between Jalin Hyatt being solid to us, Isaiah Montgomery earning a scholarship, Solomon tweeting about moving WR, Ramel and Means still being young .... plus it’s possible Callaway sticks.
I think we’re good at WR. Use the spot on a defender. Keep building a monster defense.

Pass. Between Jalin Hyatt being solid to us, Isaiah Montgomery earning a scholarship, Solomon tweeting about moving WR, Ramel and Means still being young .... plus it’s possible Callaway sticks.
I think we’re good at WR. Use the spot on a defender. Keep building a monster defense.
Agree. I wouldn’t take another receiver unless it’s TJB or someone of that caliber

anddon't forget about adding Gibbs to the WR room next year.....

Currie tried to bury our program. We were on our death bed, he was the executioner sent to finish the job

I truly believe this as well. This is what Bev was looking for in her AD search. She wanted someone that would permanently bury the program. It's unbelievable how disastrous our leadership was across the board until everyone revolted.

You even forgot Gibbs, Brandon Johnson, and Tillman.

I truly believe this as well. This is what Bev was looking for in her AD search. She wanted someone that would permanently bury the program. It's unbelievable how disastrous our leadership was across the board until everyone revolted.
Where is the crazy cat lady now?

If she was trying to wreck our athletic program, why did she back Fulmer? You may have some bad info.

Lmao...no she didn't. The reason she was fired was because she went against the Haslams in not only the football plans but she shut down the whole plan that they wanted to outsource all of those jobs on campus which would have put a lot of hardworking people out of jobs.

Odd move for her to fire Currie and hire Fulmer, if so.

Lmao...no she didn't. The reason she was fired was because she went against the Haslams in not only the football plans but she shut down the whole plan that they wanted to outsource all of those jobs on campus which would have put a lot of hardworking people out of jobs.
Some people just run around in the dark and make stuff up :):):). I'm glad she didn't cave and backed Fulmer when push came to shove.

VN Store

Back