Wiseman ineligible

Contrary to what some have said, the money was not paid back, so it was not a loan and deemed an impermissible benefit. This was discovered after they ruled him eligible earlier, so someone not forthcoming. I’m surprised he only sits 11 games.

Also sounds a little punitive in their wording, guess they are pissed that he went ahead and played

Contrary to what some have said, the money was not paid back, so it was not a loan and deemed an impermissible benefit. This was discovered after they ruled him eligible earlier, so someone not forthcoming. I’m surprised he only sits 11 games.

Also sounds a little punitive in their wording, guess they are pissed that he went ahead and played
Guess all the Memphis idiots in this thread were wrong. Imagine that

They are definitely upset at him for playing, and those who claimed that wouldn’t make a difference in their ruling and his suspension length are eating crow. Also, this probably isn’t over as it pertains to Memphis. Wiseman’s punishment has some finality, but Memphis probably hasn’t heard the end of it from the NCAA.

So let me get this right. No forfeiture of games because they knowingly played an ineligible player? NCAA has outlived any purpose. It’s time to get a new deck to play with.

There will be a Level 1 rules investigation which will likely lead to those games being forfeited/vacated..

Reactions: Ratvol
I'd put Uros out there and dare them to do anything if this last appeal fails.

Plavsic isn’t a “one and done”, he would also probably be behind Fulk anyway.

No need to risk anything for a player who probably isn’t going to start (right now) and who will be here next year anyway.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Wiseman stated that he never knew of the 11K, this is the Cam Newton defense. If Penny was asked and did not fess up to the NCAA about the $, this will get interesting

I suspect that this matter is close to over. Memphis will accept the loss for playing an ineligible player, Memphis will be put on probation, and that will tidy up this little dirty episode.

Reactions: orangevolcano
So I guess Penny will make the donation on his behalf. What happens if this donation doesn't get made?

I'd put Uros out there and dare them to do anything if this last appeal fails.

I wouldn't. See what happens with Memphis first. I do think this shows the inconsistencies of the NCAA even though I thought it would be less. Although Memphis does still have an appeal. The Uros situation is very frustrating and think it needs to be dealt with. But see where they go first. I have seen a lot of Kansas fans pissed that Memphis seems to have got off fairly easy.

VN Store

Back