Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone listed Drinkowitz on an Arkansas hot board. I was shocked. Outside of being a decent OC at NC St (not even sure many here even wanted him for OC, maybe a few), what has he done? Satterfield had App rolling. I think it's easy to continue a past HC's success the first year. Just like Moorhead at Ms St last year.

I'd definitely want to see him have 3-5 year success at App St before touching him at Arkansas.
Might be due to his ties to the state of Arkansas
Screenshot_20191115-090143_Wikipedia.jpg

I don’t understand why you would suspend garret for more than a few games(5 max). Everybody on national news talking about “he could of done this to Mason” with swinging the helmet and hitting him in the head. No ****. You can punch someone and end their life as well. Stop playing the what if game. It brings nothing to the conversation.

I’m not a browns or Garret fan.

Also, Mason Rudolph should be suspended as well. This all started because of him being frustrated with Garret taking him to the ground trying to get a sack. I’m not sure Garret knew he had let go of the ball. You can clearly see Mason trying to rip Garret’s helmet off.
It's the precedent. Odds are super small any serious injury will happen in a normal fist fight on the field. If people start using helmets regularly, odds go up a lot. Gotta send a message.

That's a bit extreme. I dislike Garrett and the browns, but 6 games is the max. Kareem Hunt did that same thing to a woman minus the helmet, a d he's playing.
Hunt nudged the woman with a foot. If it had been a guy, he’d still be in KC. Totally different levels of aggression and clear intent. Go soft on this and watch the copycats.

That's a bit extreme. I dislike Garrett and the browns, but 6 games is the max. Kareem Hunt did that same thing to a woman minus the helmet, and he's playing.

Punches should be an ejection. I don't think a single football player has ever been injured in a fist fight during a pro football game.
That was my old man coming out
I don’t dislike Garrett and I see your point about hunt and mixon and etc..... that **** is just dumb
Need heavy fines and suspensions to fix it and show that players will be disciplined heavily for their stupid decisions

It's the precedent. Odds are super small any serious injury will happen in a normal fist fight on the field. If people start using helmets regularly, odds go up a lot. Gotta send a message.

If you choose to send a message then the nfl should call it that.

It doesn’t matter the odds.

This all started with Mason Rudolph trying to rip off Myles Garret helmet and was then escalated with Rudolph coming at Garret. I don’t have a problem with suspending Garret, but do t be stupid about it.

51AF6F3B-0AAC-4425-8362-02CFA03A252F.jpeg

Reactions: RiotVol
Wonder what they would look like with a qb that was mobile... oh, wait.

Pregame was was busy gushing about the Fitzpatrick trade meanwhile they have a statue back there getting eaten alive and Dobbs just sitting on the bench down in Jacksonville doing math or something.
oh, i was making all kinds of snide remarks about not having Dobbs and "i wonder what a QB that could run, could do to help this O line out?" Rudolph looked turrrrible..............

but still. that was as bad a game as i've ever seen them play. looked like 80's steelers. blah.

I don’t understand why you would suspend garret for more than a few games(5 max). Everybody on national news talking about “he could of done this to Mason” with swinging the helmet and hitting him in the head. No ****. You can punch someone and end their life as well. Stop playing the what if game. It brings nothing to the conversation.

I’m not a browns or Garret fan.

Also, Mason Rudolph should be suspended as well. This all started because of him being frustrated with Garret taking him to the ground trying to get a sack. I’m not sure Garret knew he had let go of the ball. You can clearly see Mason trying to rip Garret’s helmet off.
It's not a what if game. Garret took actions which are not part of the game at all and it could easily be argued he committed assult at his work place on live TV. Getting your protective equipment ripped off and used as a weapon against you is not a risk that Rudolph willingly took on when he decided to play this game.

there were several shots in that game that at least fall in the 'questionable'category, and the one call they got the roughing passer against Rudolph, they could have called person fouls on two browns for head to head on a defenseless player, JJSS, who also left with a concussion.

anyone really trying to tell me that Rudolph is to blame is just dumb.

If you choose to send a message then the nfl should call it that.

It doesn’t matter the odds.

This all started with Mason Rudolph trying to rip off Myles Garret helmet and was then escalated with Rudolph coming at Garret. I don’t have a problem with suspending Garret, but do t be stupid about it.

View attachment 238485
OH gosh, you're not really pitching that line are you? It started with Garrett pile driving Rudolph well after the play and not getting off him after. Rudolph started pushing and grabbing at whatever he could reach, one of which was the back of a helmet. If you're implying that Garrett was justified because Rudolph was grabbing at his helmet after Garrett pile drive him when the play was over, you've lost it.

oh, i was making all kinds of snide remarks about not having Dobbs and "i wonder what a QB that could run, could do to help this O line out?" Rudolph looked turrrrible..............

but still. that was as bad a game as i've ever seen them play. looked like 80's steelers. blah.
Tomlin has done a fantastic coaching job this year tho. Think Cam Newton would be an excellent fit there. He would also be very cap friendly in terms of franchise Qb money

Reactions: CreiveHallVol
OH gosh, you're not really pitching that line are you? It started with Garrett pile driving Rudolph well after the play and not getting off him after. Rudolph started pushing and grabbing at whatever he could reach, one of which was the back of a helmet. If you're implying that Garrett was justified because Rudolph was grabbing at his helmet after Garrett pile drive him when the play was over, you've lost it.

He didn’t know he had let go of the ball. That is clear.

Pile drive him? If that is what that is then they should wear skirts.

There’s no place in the game for Rudolph trying to peel off Garrett’s helmet in frustration. His butt needs to be suspended, too.
You're crazy man. I can't believe people are actually saying this. You can't possibly actually believe that right? You're just trying to stir the pot with some hot take? Some guy is driving him into the ground after the play is over and won't get off him. He is pulling at the only thing he can reach because he's pinned down. Takes like this make me lose faith in our society.

there were several shots in that game that at least fall in the 'questionable'category, and the one call they got the roughing passer against Rudolph, they could have called person fouls on two browns for head to head on a defenseless player, JJSS, who also left with a concussion.

anyone really trying to tell me that Rudolph is to blame is just dumb.
Don't care if dudes try to rip helmets off or even succeed at it. But dang, hitting another dude with one is crossing the line.

If I tried or hit a guy in public like that I’d be in jail
**** garrett
He’ll get off easy regardless
NFL has no backbone
Rudolph’s ass should be in trouble also

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back