Ol' Geno doubles down on bashing Tennessee, Fulmer, so on, so forth.

It took John Calipari about 5 minutes to start signing 5 stars at Kentucky. The Lady Vols job is, or at least should be, the women’s basketball analogue to Kentucky. Even Holly was able to get elite recruits.
Holly was a great recruiter. You're right in that the LV brand will make it easier for Kellie. But some of ya'all got to give her some time.

It took John Calipari about 5 minutes to start signing 5 stars at Kentucky. The Lady Vols job is, or at least should be, the women’s basketball analogue to Kentucky. Even Holly was able to get elite recruits.
I happen to think we'll pull 5 star recruits and transfers earlier than three years, but Kellie's situation and the circumstances of the program she took over are different than Warlick's or Calipari's when they took over.

76602184_10216778098867112_540382399951798272_n.jpg

John Calipari already had verbal commitments from John Wall and Demarcus Cousins at his previous school and Kentucky was an easy transition for him. I don't know how Kellie Jolly-Harper will recruit here, but your Calipari comparison is not applicable at all.

South Carolina 0 recruits thus far in this class number one class last year. No one wants to go where they might sit a lot. Tennessee has a lot of players coming back 10 and we added two that we really needed a shooter and a quick driving guard. We'll have 12 next season maybe thirteen heard something about a transfer but didn't get a name. 2021 we lose Davis and KK so 10 returning so we'll look to pick up probably two or three. I don't see our roster ever going over 13. The point being team is young right now so time to get relationships built as were not gonna need a lot of players for the next couple of classes.

You do realize comparing Geno to a pig is insulting to pigs, don't you? Pigs have useful purposes: BBQ, bacon, sausage, footballs ect. And if your name is Hannibal Lector, there are other uses not listed. If your name is Fred Ziffel, you might even have a pig as a family member.

The only thing a pig has in common with Geno is the stench. But the pig's stench remains confined to it's actual presence. Geno's stench is carried to a much broader area. So, respect the pig. A much nobler creature than Geno could ever be.
Lol....you may have carried it further than I intended. 😂😂 Swine are fine for all the reasons you listed for sure!

So Geno alleged, on the record, that UT mistreated a player and created an unhealthy environment for that player and should be investigated for all of it. He provided 100 pages of documentation in an attempt to support his allegations, then was denied a waiver and lost on appeal before not one, but two, different committees. So he pitched his case three times and struck out three times. If he had even a crumb of quasi-credible evidence in those 100 pages, Evina Westbrook would be playing this week.

There's looking like a fool... then there's proving it, doubling down and reproving it to remove all doubt.
If I were Phil I believe I would get the University legal team involved at this point. Sometimes I well written, “stern” letter shuts flapping jaws pretty quickly.

That's because Calipari was at Memphis and was already recruiting those same 5 stars, so they just followed him from Memphis to Kentucky. Kellie was not recruiting 5 stars at Missouri State so she had to start from scratch.

If you had any idea how Calapari is able to get all those 5* players you would not use him in comparing Mrs. Harper.

You’re comparing apples to oranges. When Calipari and Holly took over, both Kentucky and Tennessee were considered elite programs. By the time Kellie took over, Tennessee had slipped to average and had become the butt of jokes.

HUGE difference. Cal never had to rebuild Kentucky’s image as worthy of elite recruits. But that’s exactly what Kellie is having to do, and that takes time.

https://www.tennessean.com/videos/s...onn-phillip-fulmer-lady-vols-evina-westbrook/

A free opportunity to bash Tennessee, to make Tennessee out as the villain and assign them blame, and to position himself and his program more positively? How could he pass that up?

Spoiler alert: HE COULDN'T.

Mmmm. I'm getting the distinct impression that this home-and-home with them is going to be a war.

“An environment that you wouldn’t let your kid go there”
I don’t know how the media or UT can let him make this kind of blanket statement with no specifics. Both Fulmer and Harper need to call Geno out on this.
If he’s saying this publicly to the media, just imagine what he’s saying to recruits.
(And some of our own fans wondered why Pat cancelled the UCONN series).

I know this belongs in the Lady Vol forum, but it think it needs more exposure so I’m bringing it here too.
If you love UT, this is a direct hit job on your school, not just the LVs. Please take a couple of minutes to watch it.

Geno blasting the”horrible environment” at UT, but not explaining that comment, has to be challenged by UT.
This is completely unacceptable for one coach to speak in such a manner about another school with no explanation as to why but just a blanket condemnation of Tennessee.
You know he is telling recruits this stuff.
Pat would have slapped him silly.

Geno Auriemma goes off on Lady Vols, Phillip Fulmer as NCAA rejects Evina Westbrook waiver | Estes

I hate Geno and UConn, but bottom line is he’ll stomp a mud hole in UT and step it dry. He’ll intentionally make it as ugly as possible. Despite being a colossal douche, he’s the best coach that’s ever been in the women’s game.
if that’s the “dirt” on him then big deal.

I hate Geno and UConn, but bottom line is he’ll stomp a mud hole in UT and step it dry. He’ll intentionally make it as ugly as possible. Despite being a colossal douche, he’s the best coach that’s ever been in the women’s game.
if that’s the “dirt” on him then big deal.

In your opinion. In my opinion, you're just wrong.

I love these type threads. Geno bashing gives the classless Lady Vol fans the opportunity to shine their dysfunctional ignorance and point up to all other WBB fans who think that ALL Lady Vol fans are ignorant and classless are right in their opinions

This team may be turning the corner at long last. Why not build up instead of tearing down?

I’d rather see all of WBB fandom rooting for the Lady Vols on 1/23/2020 than rooting against the dumbness of quite a few ignorant people

Ignorance is a stench!

Reactions: Ladyvol777

VN Store

Back