Jeremy Pruitt as an underdog

Volsfaninva917

Jeremy Pruitt has won as many games as an underdog in 1 month as Butch did in 5 years and with less. Pretty amazing how far this team has come since that dreadful labor day weekend
As an underdog,

Pruitt is 5-10

Kiffin, Dooley and Butch combined were 4-42

Fulmer was 16-28-1

There is a flip side to this. If we would have beaten GaSt and BYU then we would not have been an underdog as often.
It's easy to go through and find negatives from this season and there were more than enough. However I'm choosing to celebrate the turnaround and the possibility of the first bowl game in 3 years. I'm choosing to celebrate the stories like Trey Smith, JG, Dan Bituli. I'm choosing to celebrate the fact that we're not in Arkansas or FSU shoes right now. I'm choosing to celebrate that I'm taking my 6 and 8 year old to their first game in Neyland vs. Vandy.

giphy.gif

Oh dang..gotta watch out for Bama snagging Pruitt and our whole coaching staff now!!!!!!!

I heard that Coach Pruitt has won more SEC games than Butch did in his time here.
I can't confirm.

This is the problem with the internet. In the amount of time that you thought "hey, maybe I should post this" and then actually post this, you could've went on Google and researched your facts very quickly and checked Butch Jones's SEC record versus Coach Pruitt's.

BTW, Butch Jones was 14–24 in the SEC.

Coach Pruitt is 5-9.

This is the problem with the internet. In the amount of time that you thought "hey, maybe I should post this" and then actually post this, you could've went on Google and researched your facts very quickly and checked Butch Jones's SEC record versus Coach Pruitt's.

Coach Pruitt is 5-9.
Maybe he meant first 2 seasons, at this point during his Butch was 4-9 in conference and at this point Pruitt is 5-9

Coach Pruitt is 5-9.

So, you think every game is an SEC game? Perhaps I should have said conference game, but, come on. But, you're right about the internet being a problem.

Jeremy Pruitt has won as many games as an underdog in 1 month as Butch did in 5 years and with less. Pretty amazing how far this team has come since that dreadful labor day weekend
As an underdog,

Pruitt is 5-10

Kiffin, Dooley and Butch combined were 4-42

Fulmer was 16-28-1

Are you really an 'underdog', if you dig yourself into a hole, and then have no choice but to claw your way out?

Neyland was almost never a underdog.I would be willing to bet his teams were usually heavily favored.

I dont think Mr. Neyland was ever an underdog. According to the book "Neyland: The Gridiron General" He became a boxing Champion at the US Military Academy at West Point.... and according to the book.... during his plebe first year at West Point he had some upperclassman picking on him.. giving him personal crap, and Cadet Neyland invited the guy out to an A$$ whippin and the upper classman dude backed off.

Reactions: 2xVol and tn4elvis
Are you really an 'underdog', if you dig yourself into a hole, and then have no choice but to claw your way out?
I get it, I do and it was embarrassing but is there anything he can do about it now other than what he's doing? Yes, he lost to GA State and the team looked terrible doing it but it's time to move on.

VN Store

Back