Tosh Lupoi

We need people that are able to teach and develop our players, not more recruiters. We had a stuff fullnof recruiters under Butch...
In the SEC you do both.

If you can't do one, you might as well do neither. And we are getting nothing on the DL for 2020.

Rockers job will not be saved by anything being done on the field if Pruitt decides he can't recruit

There are areas where recruiting is lacking on both sides of the ball. Our D-line looks to be in fine shape for next season, I see no reason to rock the boat YET. However, if it’s a year from now and we are still lacking in D line recruits and Tosh becomes available it would probably be a good time for a change.

In the SEC you do both.

If you can't do one, you might as well do neither. And we are getting nothing on the DL for 2020.

Rockers job will not be saved by anything being done on the field if Pruitt decides he can't recruit

We didn't get any DL when we signed the 2020 class? When did we sign the 2020 class? Did I miss it? Don't count your chickens before they hatch there's no doubt in my mind this staff will address our needs.

Reactions: pimo1 and bpalmer28
We didn't get any DL when we signed the 2020 class? When did we sign the 2020 class? Did I miss it? Don't count your chickens before they hatch there's no doubt in my mind this staff will address our needs.
Yeah. I'm sure out of nowhere we will get in on those 4 and 5 star guys a month out of signing day.

I don't think bama is very happy with their latest installment of DC\defensive assistants. Nicky will want him back bad.

Last edited:
Me too on keeping staff in place. I don't think we will lose many as they are all getting paid top dollar as assistants.
Based on what I read any departures would be mutual. Therefore, if some of them do leave for better opportunities I hope Pruitt could bring in top notch guys to replace the ones exiting.

That's the rumor, because he isn't an elite recruiter. Imo there has to be some balance. Be has done a great job with that unit this year. Hate to loae a good coach. Not every coach can be a Pruitt or Nieds.

Weinke isn’t an elite recruiter. I personally hope Rocker stays.

Reactions: Volank
Exactly. Keep all our coaches on board. For the first time in years we are beginning to look like a team that will be able to compete and be a top tier team because of athlete development. Time to give these coaches their due praise for the job they have done. We'd be crazy to start this now. These kids need stability and we know they can develop talent. What they have did with these kids in a short amount of time has been awesome.

Lupoi is an upgrade over Sherrer

Well he has worked with Pruitt before and maybe Ansley as well.
True. Just saying there’s more than meets the eye with these things. Personally I don’t want to see us rock the boat because of how we’re playing, but recruiting does suck right now

VN Store

Back