Evina denied

And you sure drew a nonfactual conclusion. Right, @LA Vol?

Just asking for a friend, are you the latest ucon troll? We have so many dysfunctional ones on this forum it’s getting harder to keep you all straight.

He's a retread of an old "Dogg" that got kicked off the site,,,Sv
From last year...something,,Dogg
Can't remember, but same person for sure

What sports count for you? Only women's basketball and SEC football?

These sports have faired well and drawn attention:

Men’s Basketball
Track and field (both indoor and outdoor)
Softball has had success in that league
Baseball has been successful
women’s soccer has 2 of the top 10 teams and 3 in the top 20

I am sure I forgot to mention others but the SEC conference usually produces some good teams across the board in athletics. The same can’t be said for all conferences.

But football does drive the monster SEC no doubt and that’s not a bad thing 😂

These sports have faired well and drawn attention:

Men’s Basketball
Track and field (both indoor and outdoor)
Softball has had success in that league
Baseball has been successful
women’s soccer has 2 of the top 10 teams and 3 in the top 20

I am sure I forgot to mention others but the SEC conference usually produces some good teams across the board in athletics. The same can’t be said for all conferences.

But football does drive the monster SEC no doubt and that’s not a bad thing 😂

Thanks. Based on the comment that UConn only has womens basketball I guess the fact that UConn has been successful in all of those except for Softball doesn't mean anything?

Unfortunately, softball is all that matters in the grand cosmic scheme.

At the pearly gates, the decision of who goes up and who goes down depends on the success of your alma maters' softball team.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
Thanks. Based on the comment that UConn only has womens basketball I guess the fact that UConn has been successful in all of those except for Softball doesn't mean anything?

Sorry I left our Volleyball and cross country 😃. Swimming for UT is ranked in the top 10 for both men’s and women’s teams.

I am a track fan and I didn’t know UConn was good at that sport. Or volleyball. Or any of the other sports than women’s basketball. I know the men’s had fallen off since the dismissal of your men’s coach Ollie I think his name was. And before him it was the older gentleman? That’s not a dig I just don’t pay that much attention to UConn. I do know I think I you guys have a good field hockey team I think🤔 other than that I haven’t seen UConn make a splash in other sports.

Don't make no never mind. They're the only school that can boast that their most successful coach inspired an iconic song:

The Devil went down to Georgia
He was lookin' fo a soul to steal
He was in a bind
'Cause he was way behind
And he was willin' to make a deal.

UConn's National Championships

Men's Basketball 4
Men's Soccer 3
Women's Basketball 11
Women's Field Hockey 5

UConn's National Championships. Interestingly both UConn and UT apparently have 23 nattys each.

Men's Basketball 4
Men's Soccer 3
Women's Basketball 11
Women's Field Hockey 5

Actually, UConn has an extended history of success in Men's Basketball. I played against some in co. ball awhile back when lived in Ct for a couple of years.
And I watched Jim Calhoun's Men play on TV after left there. To me, he was a really likable guy.

It's been that way for so long nobody knows what other kind of sports they have up there.
Well, their field hockey team has won 5 national championships, men's basketball has won 4, Men's soccer has won 2 nattys . I read that they have won 28 total national championships in different sports. So they do OK.

Time will tell both on Evina and UCONN making the FF. I said last season and before Evina transferred that this was the season, of recent times, where the Lady Vols could give them a game. While the Vols aren't as strong this season as last UCONN lost almost 50% of its scoring to graduation and this years version won't be nearly as strong on defense the real reason they are usually as strong as they are. No one yet identified to play lock down defense.

The NCAA seems unstructured in it's decision making mostly because the parameters are never specific and the Committees seem inconsistent in their decisions. Jan 23, 2020 is going to be an exciting game day

The big deal about sitting out a season? If you are a player, you want to be on that court not cheering from the bench. That is a big deal

To your point, have yet to see any player at elite levels of any sport get better just watching others play the game. It just does not happen.

Reactions: PointGuard
And you sure drew a nonfactual conclusion. Right, @LA Vol?

Just asking for a friend, are you the latest ucon troll? We have so many dysfunctional ones on this forum it’s getting harder to keep you all straight.
Uconn Fan but also a College Basketball Fan!

VN Store

Back