'20 AL DE Jimari Butler (Nebraska commit)

While I am annoyed with Rocker's (lack of) recruiting, I do very much trust out staff's evaluations over the recruiting rankings. Pruitt and his staff seem to have a superior track record when it comes to identifying talent.
You can look at that 2018 and 19 class and see that. We have some studs in those classes that were lower ranked kids. He's even turned the intern's guys into players. Look at Bennett go.

Could've taken this dude on signing day. Two sub 1000 commitments this week...

Has it occurred to you that perhaps Pruitt likes him enough that he didn't want to put him off til signing day? The kid has played 1 year of football. I'll trust Pruitt's eval of his upside, of which there seems to be plenty.

Try not to get caught up into rankings but they do matter. The last 7 of 8 champions were top 10 in recruiting. Not sure before then but probably the same. I can only think of Oregon under Chip Kelly- top 25 -30 class.

While I am annoyed with Rocker's (lack of) recruiting, I do very much trust out staff's evaluations over the recruiting rankings. Pruitt and his staff seem to have a superior track record when it comes to identifying talent. Butler definitely seems a bit underrated here.

Though, at some point we are going to have to land some blue-chip DL to compete with Bama and Georgia. We can Mizzou our way to 8-9 win seasons, but not to an SEC Championship.

Butler has been playing football less than a year and appears to be wrecking his competition. We will get more blue chippers when we put W's in the W column. I was hoping that we could do that this year, but Pruitt still had to trim some final Butch Jones mentality out of the program. I think we are on the right road.

No he’s a DE, he’s got a ton of sacks this year and just started playing football literally a few months ago.
The post was tongue in cheek to some degree noted by the LOL. I do believe there is some potential at TE if the DE does not work out since it appears he is a decent BB player and athlete.

I really don't understand how you Legions of Miserable souls stand yourselves. I am serious, if it makes you so unhappy that you have to come in here and crap all over our newest commit's thread, then why bother? Go find something to do that makes you happy.

I really don't understand how you Legions of Miserable souls stand yourselves. I am serious, if it makes you so unhappy that you have to come in here and crap all over our newest commit's thread, then why bother? Go find something to do that makes you happy.
Pruitts rec... ya know what never mind. Here’s a ballon and some candy.

Imagine being such a miserable prick that you make sure everyone knows 2 mins after a kid who wants to be at UT commits.
In the magical land of VN, there’s no need for imagination...simply open your eyes and BEHOLD!
giphy.gif

His production against some pretty darn good competition in his only year of playing football is impressive. I have a feeling trying to bury this kid on the day he commits is gonna make some people look awfully silly down the road
Unfortunately it won’t stop them. It’s how they get their engines going.

I am no evaluator of talent (stating the obvious) but that film looks pretty good iyam ( I realize nobody's asking)
I am sure his ranking will improve some. If he really just started playing football again there is no way they would start him off more than an average 3 star, especially if he didn’t camp some.

Butler has been playing football less than a year and appears to be wrecking his competition. We will get more blue chippers when we put W's in the W column. I was hoping that we could do that this year, but Pruitt still had to trim some final Butch Jones mentality out of the program. I think we are on the right road.

Yah, the right road we are on.

VN Store

Back