'18 FL QB Joey Gatewood

Nix has 2 more touchdowns. The wins can be credited to how good Auburns defense is.

I was saying Nix and JG are not good.

I'm not sure what point anyone in this thread is trying to make.
Heard today on Basilio, we have had 5 drives go inside the 5 yard line against SEC teams this year with JG at qb.

In those 5 drives, we have 3 points.

The opponents have 7, courtesy JG against Bama.

Lucked into that SI article after Ray Crowe’s name popped up on the IMDb search...since he wasn’t in the credits. Buddy just popping back on the team with no scene always bugged me.

Also the championship announcer in the movie was the same one from the game. And the Principal who hired Norman, Cledus? Had a hit song back in the day Flying Purple People Eaters.

Now you've got me fired up to watch the movie again....I felt the same about Buddy...and how he re-appeared.

On another note--I never knew until recently that Levon Helm, who played Loretta Lynn's daddy in Coal Miners' Daughter, was a world-renowned drummer and musician in The Band!
He played Chuck Yeager's flight engineer, Ridley, in The Right Stuff, too. Always loved his voice.

Reactions: butchna
Now you've got me fired up to watch the movie again....I felt the same about Buddy...and how he re-appeared.

On another note--I never knew until recently that Levon Helm, who played Loretta Lynn's daddy in Coal Miners' Daughter, was a world-renowned drummer and musician in The Band!
He played Chuck Yeager's flight engineer, Ridley, in The Right Stuff, too. Always loved his voice.
I didn’t make that connection about Helm until I saw him on Shooter with Mark Wahlberg and shortly thereafter see him performing on Jay Leno. He had one of those every man faces. Yeah love those Appalachian pitch voices.

Reactions: MikeVol44
I didn’t make that connection about Helm until I saw him on Shooter with Mark Wahlberg and shortly thereafter see him performing on Jay Leno. He had one of those every man faces. Yeah love those Appalachian pitch voices.

Another movie that I liked, too!

Reactions: butchna
Heard today on Basilio, we have had 5 drives go inside the 5 yard line against SEC teams this year with JG at qb.

In all fairness to JG---Jennings SHOULD HAVE caught that fastball for a TD in the Florida game.
It wasn't a great throw...but it is reasonable to expect a WR the caliber of Jennings to hold on to that ball.

JG gives you the best opportunity to win...
-VQ

In all fairness to JG---Jennings SHOULD HAVE caught that fastball for a TD in the Florida game.
It wasn't a great throw...but it is reasonable to expect a WR the caliber of Jennings to hold on to that ball.
Yep, then we would have 1 td on 5 drives inside the 5.

But we don't.

And since there is always gonna be that guy to defend JG here is another damning stat.

Against SEC opponents 3 out of 24 drives he has engineered have resulted in TD. Yes, 3.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back