'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

Who in this cycle?
Tucker, Young and some that were not heavily recruited. I'm not saying it was a bad thing, just saying UT doesn't want/need every good homegrown prospect. Likewise some want to go elsewhere. I can't understand why anybody would want to live in auburn/opeilla Alabama.

Tucker, Young and some that were not heavily recruited. I'm not saying it was a bad thing, just saying UT doesn't want/need every good homegrown prospect. Likewise some want to go elsewhere. I can't understand why anybody would want to live in auburn/opeilla Alabama.

there he goes again...;)

Here's a thought...maybe a brain fart. I'm thinking about what motivated this kid to do what he did. Knowing that, think about what we would have to do to get him to flip back and do we really want to go there? I've been torn on this one but I'm leaning toward moving on and finding kids that really want to play here.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I wouldn’t let him back on campus.

Choosing a different school is one thing but lying to the coaching staff who put their time & effort to recruit you shows that you have no integrity.

Or we can stop making excuses for the coaching staff. Good recruiters overcome issues to land targets.

Reactions: orangemadam
You missed the point

I don’t think so. The kid wasn’t committed to Tennessee so what does he owe anyone. I’d take him today if he changes his mind.

The staff lost an instate priority who’s brother played for Fulmer. Should that happen under any circumstance? Why the jump to claim the kid has no integrity? It’s not like this is an isolated instate miss for this coaching staff.

Or we can stop making excuses for the coaching staff. Good recruiters overcome issues to land targets.
You do realize that even the best recruiters don’t get everyone they want. Hell even little Nicky didn’t get that Henry To’oto’o kid.

By the way, where did that kid go again? I forgot.

If this kid balls out I will be upset..

Still remember both Malik Gray & Dillon Bates being top 100 cruits of ours that never did anything... I am sure Auburn has had there fair share as well.

We shall see....

Reactions: swampfoxfan
You do realize that even the best recruiters don’t get everyone they want. Hell even little Nicky didn’t get that Henry To’oto’o kid.

By the way, where did that kid go again? I forgot.

Again, show me how this is an isolated incident of losing an instate priority. Or explain to me how the best recruiters should lose a kid whose brother played for our current AD.

There is a common denominator of the coaches dropping the ball instate in the last class (indecision) and this class (striking out).

I’m pretty happy with how Pruitt is recruiting overall, but missing out on Hardy then blaming the kid and not the coaches seems counterintuitive.

Personally I don’t care where the recruits come from as long as they want to be here, they are coachable and can play at the SEC level.

As far as who is to blame, I’ve not blamed anyone (coaches or recruit) and most likely won’t simply due to the fact that like 99.9% of people on here I have ZERO inside information as to what actually happened.

Again, show me how this is an isolated incident of losing an instate priority. Or explain to me how the best recruiters should lose a kid whose brother played for our current AD.

There is a common denominator of the coaches dropping the ball instate in the last class (indecision) and this class (striking out).

I’m pretty happy with how Pruitt is recruiting overall, but missing out on Hardy then blaming the kid and not the coaches seems counterintuitive.
How much you want to pay? Bc that’s what happened here

I mean how many instate kids does this staff have to s*** the bed with to stop blaming the kids?

Maybe don’t have Sherrer going heads up for a priority with Garner. Or maybe don’t drop the first two games to Ga St and BYU.

Who are all the instate kids we’ve shat the bed with?

Last count we have 7 instate commits. Still in on Baron, Grimes, Thomas, Henderson, and maybe still Hardy. You wanting all 25 to be from Tennessee?

Who are all the instate kids we’ve shat the bed with?

Last count we have 7 instate commits. Still in on Baron, Grimes, Thomas, Henderson, and maybe still Hardy. You wanting all 25 to be from Tennessee?

According to VQ and 247, it is unlikely we get Grimes and Big O, and Baron looks more unlikely as time passes. Morris, Walker, and Rybka are committed to other SEC schools.

Is this what we think in state recruiting should look like. You are happy with these results?

Of course all 25 shouldn’t come from Tennessee. What a bogus straw man argument.

Personally I don’t care where the recruits come from as long as they want to be here, they are coachable and can play at the SEC level.

As far as who is to blame, I’ve not blamed anyone (coaches or recruit) and most likely won’t simply due to the fact that like 99.9% of people on here I have ZERO inside information as to what actually happened.

Even though I have blamed our coaching you are right about ZERO inside information

Agree with most of this. I can only go with what we can see in context. Pattern isn’t great for the coaches.

According to VQ and 247, it is unlikely we get Grimes and Big O, and Baron looks more unlikely as time passes. Morris, Walker, and Rybka are committed to other SEC schools.

Is this what we think in state recruiting should look like. You are happy with these results?

Of course all 25 shouldn’t come from Tennessee. What a bogus straw man argument.

Yes bc 247 and VQ have never been wrong.

And we are two different ppl. So while you may be in your feelings this week due to the Hardy announcement, I choose the wait and see approach and realize 17-18 yr old kids change their minds all the time.

There’s a real possibility to get 10 instate kids. Quality players. You’re never going to go 100% regardless of where a kid lives.

I’d be happy with 0 instate kids as long as the guys we bring in can play.

Reactions: SugarCC and m1al
I don’t think so. The kid wasn’t committed to Tennessee so what does he owe anyone. I’d take him today if he changes his mind.

The staff lost an instate priority who’s brother played for Fulmer. Should that happen under any circumstance? Why the jump to claim the kid has no integrity? It’s not like this is an isolated instate miss for this coaching staff.
But how can you say that you didn't miss the point? He said nothing about who's fault it was we didn't land the kid, he questioned if he still wants him after the way JH handled things.

I may not agree with him but he clearly questioned HOW he chose, not whether he was recruited well enough. Both can be true. But you seized an unrelated post to repeat your POV, again. Not recruiting him well enough didn't force him to mislead everyone, including friends.

Nothing wrong with your opinion but you definitely weren't discussing his point.

VN Store

Back