Beer barrel

Everything has gone so far PC I don’t think it’ll ever happen.

Shame too. It seemed like a cool tradition.

Reactions: Vol524
So I don't know the story can you tell? Or you got a link?
A fatal alcohol-related car crash involving two UK football players a week before the 1998 contest prompted the end of the barrel exchange. Kentucky athletic director C. M. Newton expressed the idea that the ongoing use of an alcohol container as a trophy would be inappropriate under the circumstances. The ceremony was cancelled for the 1998 game, and the two schools mutually agreed to permanently discontinue the tradition before the 1999 game.[1][2]
The actual barrel was in UT's possession when the schools ended the exchange, but its current whereabouts have not been made public. It has not been displayed since 1997, and it was not transferred to Kentucky when the Wildcats broke the Volunteers' long series winning streak in 2011.[3]

Kentucky–Tennessee football rivalry - Wikipedia

Reactions: rocytop2624
Watched the Jennings interview this week and they ask him about the beer barrel and he had no ideal what they was talking about ...... Sorta sad really
That's understandable though. I'm 10 years older than Jauan and I didn't know that the Beer Barrel was even a thing until maybe about 10 years after it was discontinued. When they did away with it in 1998, I was 11 and I guess didn't know about the trophy.

The timing of that wreck had everything to do with it being discontinued. If the wreck occurred any time other than the week before that game in 1998, the Beer Barrel is probably still awarded.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Was it a beer barrel or a whiskey barrel? If they bring it back they should use only local brews.

Tap the thing since they are selling beer in the stadiums now. Winner gets it again after the game refills and celebrates!

Since BEER now spills throughout the stadium & ALL SEC stadiums, bring back the Beer barrel

Ah, makes sense now. Lol.

I like my women just a little on the trashy side.

Yeah, but PLEASE bring back the other dog. This one is way too hard on the eyes. It's well beyond cringe-worthy.

And whoever started the "woo" in Rocky Top needs a plaque in there as well
Tall Paul actually released a CD of his most popular hits live from The Library that must have been recorded back in the 90s when I was there... It is so much fun to listen to Rocky Top with NO WOO.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back