Potential of Stoops to FSU a distraction for Cats?

Florida State coaching candidates: Bob Stoops, Mark Stoops lead replacements for Willie Taggart

Could this distract KY coaches and players or will it motivate their staff to show their best just when a big time program $$$ is looking at their resume?

Actually look what Stoops has done at Kentucky and the entire body of work. competing in the SEC East, recruiting against the Big Boys isn’t an easy thing to do. Have they won championships? No but they are competitive.
Program rebuilder?
Maybe what FSU needs.
back to original question though, if the coaches haven’t showed their best yet, what the heck are they waiting for. rumors can be a big distraction.
Too bad this news didn’t break during their BYE week.

If I were FSU I would back the money truck up to James Franklin. The guy can coach no matter where he goes. With the talent that FSU pulls they would ACC contenders in year 1.

He's already at a premier program. Penn State is top ten for sure, and closer to 5 than 10. FSU seems like a lateral move. It would definitely be easier to win at FSU than Penn State though, due to easier recruiting and for the most part an easier schedule. After OSU, the Big Ten is not that great but still better than the ACC.

He's already at a premier program. Penn State is top ten for sure, and closer to 5 than 10. FSU seems like a lateral move. It would definitely be easier to win at FSU than Penn State though, due to easier recruiting and for the most part an easier schedule. After OSU, the Big Ten is not that great but still better than the ACC.
A lateral move is not lateral if they pay is an upgrade. If I am the AD at FSU I would start there.

Mark would be 100% crazy to not be interested in that FSU situation.

Kentucky is totally a basketball school.

Even Bear Bryant couldn't get Kentucky interested in football.

The end.

Yep. Last season was the ceiling for UK. It was a good/great season by their standards, but it will never get better than that. Ever.

Who's to say CJP doesn't get a request for interview as well. I don't think he would want to leave here though. Volnation has his back!

Too pedestrian? How about too desperate? It thinking like that that makes the world seem just a bit overpopulated
It's a game not the fate of the free world. There's nothing wrong with having a little fun on a thread. Lighten up Francis.

Reactions: PruittEra
This just in: FSU has offered Mark Stoops the job and he has accepted. To be announced after the UK/TN game.

Stoops is a very good coach--a big improvement over Taggert. Give him FL recruits and he will be formidable in the ACC. Who do you think FSU could get that would be better?

Stoops has done very good at ky

A lateral move is not lateral if they pay is an upgrade. If I am the AD at FSU I would start there.

True. They didn't want to pay to keep Fisher, and now they outbid Penn State? Cause I guarantee you Penn State will counter. FSU doesn't have the oil money that Texas A&M has.

Not sure why Florida State would want Stoops, look at how bad UK is. Going into the Fla game he had value but it's been a CF ever since. Now if he loses to a TN team that lost to GA state my guess is he loses more value.

So if FLa state is looking at him he'll pull out all the stops to beat TN.

VN Store

Back