Potential of Stoops to FSU a distraction for Cats?

He hit a pretty high ceiling and is rebuilding this yr. Ky will be back to 9 or 10 wins, which is very good at ky
I'm not saying he cant get back there but hes playing a WR at QB because he doesnt have one in his 7th year.

He may find that mark again but he cant sustain it in this league without hitting another gear in recruiting.

Having said all that, if I'm UK I'm trying to keep him.

This. You don't raise $20 million dollars to fire Taggart after less than 2 seasons and hire someone even in the realm of Stoops.

Agreed. They have to have a big time hire seriously on the hook to pull the trigger that quick and for that high of an amount .

I'm not saying he cant get back there but hes playing a WR at QB because he doesnt have one in his 7th year.

He may find that mark again but he cant sustain it in this league without hitting another gear in recruiting.

Having said all that, if I'm UK I'm trying to keep him.

He won 10 games without ever hitting a major gear in recruiting

Fair point if you are talking about FSU. If he is consistently getting Kentucky in bowls he will be there a long time

I dont think hes in the red at UK at all. Even said they should try and keep him.

I just dont think his 10 win season last year is a sign of more of those coming. Especially if he doesnt get to the next level in recruiting and stay there.
He ll get to bowl games consistently.

Reactions: Volank
If I were FSU I would back the money truck up to James Franklin. The guy can coach no matter where he goes. With the talent that FSU pulls they would ACC contenders in year 1.

Franklin is gonna have quite the raise after this winter. USC and FSU I assume are gonna y’all to him. Penn State would of course pay whatever he demands to keep him

Not sure who FSU is eyeing, but goodness were they done with Taggert lol! Butch lasted longer in his last year than Taggert in his 2nd!

I'd HATE to see that. They'd be a national power within 2 years.

Why would you hate it? FSU competes against Florida for recruits. If they poach kids, it’s less talent on Florida’s roster, which gives us a better chance to beat them.

I think it would be awesome to see Kiffin at F$U. Perfect fit, and Florida and Miami would be shaking in their boots.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Mark Stoops is a fallback candidate only. You don't fire your coach this early to target a barely average coach at a basketball school. You fire him now to target Bob, not his mediocre brothers.

Side note.. Can you imagine what kiffin would do with all those free shoes and FSU bag men? Wow.

This just in: FSU has offered Mark Stoops the job and he has accepted. To be announced after the UK/TN game.

Stoops is a very good coach--a big improvement over Taggert. Give him FL recruits and he will be formidable in the ACC. Who do you think FSU could get that would be better?

Lol...FSU fans would do what we did with Schiano if they tried to hire Mark Stoops.

VN Store

Back