Jeremy Pruitt press conference post UAB

Because Shrout was ineffective and JG wasn't. JG did throw a bad pick, but Shrout tried to and just failed.

Did you watch the game last week? Which QB do you think moved the ball better?

Shrout was 3-6 in very limited time. He wasn’t given enough series, or enough opportunity to get in a rhythm before being yanked.

JG did next to nothing either.

Shrout was 3-6 in very limited time. He wasn’t given enough series, or enough opportunity to get in a rhythm before being yanked.

JG did next to nothing either.
I guess the deal is this, Pruitt and Chaney see the upsides in Shrout and Maurer. They know their ceilings are higher, but they feel JG can get them where they got to be this year and, hey, they've got Bailey coming next year, so if one or both of these boys don't like it....forget the fact both of them are better QBs than Guarantano right now.

Comon now JG did nothing? That's not an honest assessment. Shrout wasn't checking off and threw into double coverage. He was very lucky that didn't get picked off. He's wasn't ready tonight. Looked pretty good last week. Looked like a liability tonight. JG was clearly the better QB in this game. How much more of Shrout did you need to see? It's a shame we can't enjoy a win without people criticizing and nitpicking. Yeah it could have been 45-0 but the end result was the same.

I found it interesting that JG gets a pass on the ball being slick because of the air, but JT gets called out for throwing one across his body on the run. JG's interception in the EZ was a terrible decision off his back foot.

Because Shrout was ineffective and JG wasn't. JG did throw a bad pick, but Shrout tried to and just failed.

Did you watch the game last week? Which QB do you think moved the ball better?
I’m not understanding the post and intent. Are you pro-Stout or pro-JG getting most of the snaps today?

JG made mistakes but he still is doing way better than he was at the start of the season. Morris didn’t do him any favors and some of the mistakes attributed to JG are erroneous.

I do wish we could have see Maurer in though. I have to think JP is holding him back for the more important road games coming up.

There is no justification for benching JT for what he did. Jerry was ineffective, made bad throws, had a pick, was a liability with the hand, etc etc etc. It's simple fear based play calling and management to not put the high reward guy out there. This is the kind of game that you do put him out there to see what he can do and get game time, especially with their offense handing you the game. Whatever blackmail Jerry has on Pruitt must be damning.

Comon now JG did nothing? That's not an honest assessment. Shrout wasn't checking off and threw into double coverage. He was very lucky that didn't get picked off. He's wasn't ready tonight. Looked pretty good last week. Looked like a liability tonight. JG was clearly the better QB in this game. How much more of Shrout did you need to see? It's a shame we can't enjoy a win without people criticizing and nitpicking. Yeah it could have been 45-0 but the end result was the same.

13-21 147 1 TD 1 int.

Not sure what else to call it but ...meh.

How much more shrout did I need to see? More than what I got. And in succession would be nice.

Not sure how he looked like a liability either. 3-6 for 34 yds isn’t much of a sample size to make much of a determination.

There is no justification for benching JT for what he did. Jerry was ineffective, made bad throws, had a pick, was a liability with the hand, etc etc etc. It's simple fear based play calling and management to not put the high reward guy out there. This is the kind of game that you do put him out there to see what he can do and get game time, especially with their offense handing you the game. Whatever blackmail Jerry has on Pruitt must be damning.

Who the hell is Jerry?

I’m sure he has his reasons. JG has a bad INT but Shrout tries to force things. The offense did its job and the game was never in doubt.
yeah, evidently he had his reasons. I see this stuff all over the msg board about JT or Shrout throwing into double or triple coverage at times or have an interception.
Fact JG has been the starter for how long now. Threw an interception tonight. Fact JG throws into double or triple coverage or throws high or low. The OLine would have given any QB time tonight to throw a dart.
Pruitt dodged a bullet tonight in the fact JG didn't get injured worse. Now, come to think of it JG was holding that wrist after that take down. But no, no, don't leave JT in there over a series because the fans might get a chance to see another bomb. So yeah Pruitt would rather take a chance JG is injured and never takes another snap all season just to prove how tough him and JG are. Boy he sure thinks more highly of Maurer than he does JG if he is protecting Maurer after saying he was practicing and ready to play.

"Why the hell did you take out Shrout so soon for a one handed QB???"
Truth is, because of some idiotic game on ESPNU that nobody cares about, I missed Shrout's opening drive. When I tuned in it was 3 to zip. Then, after a few minutes it was 6 to zip. Then, it was 9 to zip and I'm wondering why we're playing the dude with the broken hand when he's giving us the same results the other guy is--I think. It's hard to say because the other guy got the really quick hook. Why are we playing the guy we all wanted to get rid of in order to get the same results for the guys with more upside? I don't get it. Glad we won. Thanks Bryce and defense and Cimaglia.

I found it interesting that JG gets a pass on the ball being slick because of the air, but JT gets called out for throwing one across his body on the run. JG's interception in the EZ was a terrible decision off his back foot.
IMO Pruitt will say anything to protect his quarterback. Pruitts stunt of playing JG tonight could have backfired on him big time all these happy people and press would be bringing the heat on Pruitt if JG had gotten injured worse.
Let him hang in hit after hit. So Pruitt could show just how smart he is. By the way, wasn't JG holding his wrist with his other hand and wasn't JG holding his hand up toward his shoulder on the sidelines ?

I'm with you except for the last sentence

The offense will need to pass the ball a lot better against Kentucky next week as Kentucky will likely stack the box to stop the run.

The offense will need to pass the ball a lot better against Kentucky next week as Kentucky will likely stack the box to stop the run.
Say hello to their big big nose guard. Wonder if Pruitt will talk about the cold air and how it affects the ball.

Pruitt said in the post presser that they thought JG gave them the best chance to win. He IS the coach, people. I think he is telling the truth. He isn't being blackmailed by JG and he doesn't dislike the other QB's. How many people on this board are coaches? I know damn well none of you coach UT football, you're not in the locker room or at practice. So don't you think he knows more than we do? o_O

Random Reporter "So after actually winning a game and getting closer to bowl eligibility, you still have fans pissed. What do you say to them?"

JP "F those misreable POS so called fans"

*knocks mic over*

Funny, but here is the hard truth. QB play (particularly one QB) put this team in a huge hole this season. With competent QB play, this team would be at least 6-3...and maybe better.

So, does it unfairly ruffle fans when you keep going back to the same QB that dug this hole to start the season? Yes, and there is nothing wrong for the fans in pointing it out. And it sure as he!! doesn’t constitute whining.

VN Store

Back