Coach O has beaten 8 top 10 teams at LSU

He’s got the talent and a high talent base with minimal competition for that talent.

He’s got the talent and a high talent base with minimal competition for that talent.

IMO, he's done it without talent to a degree. I actually, thought his first full season in 2017 was his best coaching job - Les had depleted the shelves. They basically had no DL left, Arden Key was trying to play DE in a 3-4 against Miss State - that didn't end well. Recruiting has been very uneven, meaning he's had to do some very creative things - move people from DL to OL and go after transfers has been huge. The OL was a disaster a few years ago, now its probably the strength of the team even with depth.

The reason he still has a job is he was able to savage the 2017 class after Les was let go, those guys are producing, the 2018 class is borderline disaster at this point - recruiting is starting to get easier now though. LSU lacks true play makers this year in the front seven of the defense - there are some solid guys but no super stars like some of these other defenses have, imo.

I thought he was the right guy for the job considering everything in 2016, still feel like he is the right guy now... still would not be surprised by a few LSU losses moving forward though - its a tough world out there. The surprise to me for the team is Randy Moss's son.... good solid hands but his blocking is great and is allowing some of these huge plays.

At some point, he has to be the Gumps though.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Bama vs LSU will be the biggest game of the year IMO.

Besides the playoffs and NCG of course

IMO, he's done it without talent to a degree. I actually, thought his first full season in 2017 was his best coaching job - Les had depleted the shelves. They basically had no DL left, Arden Key was trying to play DE in a 3-4 against Miss State - that didn't end well. Recruiting has been very uneven, meaning he's had to do some very creative things - move people from DL to OL and go after transfers has been huge. The OL was a disaster a few years ago, now its probably the strength of the team even with depth.

The reason he still has a job is he was able to savage the 2017 class after Les was let go, those guys are producing, the 2018 class is borderline disaster at this point - recruiting is starting to get easier now though. LSU lacks true play makers this year in the front seven of the defense - there are some solid guys but no super stars like some of these other defenses have, imo.

I thought he was the right guy for the job considering everything in 2016, still feel like he is the right guy now... still would not be surprised by a few LSU losses moving forward though - its a tough world out there. The surprise to me for the team is Randy Moss's son.... good solid hands but his blocking is great and is allowing some of these huge plays.

At some point, he has to be the Gumps though.
LSU has been a QB away from being real good for a long time. Don’t act like they weren’t talented when Les was axed.

It will matter because he will be caught illegally recruiting players because it's in his blood and it's what he does well.
If he wins, nobody will care much. All of the winning blue blood programs flirt with this. The NCAA doesn’t even bother to hardly try anymore.

He was winning at USC as an interim, their kids loved him. He had no prior attachments to SC so they let him go and Lynn Swann hired Helton and they've lived in mediocrity since. Orgeron had they kept him would be atop the PAC12 routinely. Swannie got fired after his underlings were selling rowboat & water polo schollys out the backdoor and Helton is gone end of this season.

You have to believe LSU has a good shot at making the playoffs as a one loss team given their resume and the Oklahoma loss. That is probably what is best for the SEC so look for the Tigers to get screwed by the refs against the gumps.

People laughed when he was hired. Ha now.
Perfect fit for LSU. Not sure there is a coach in the country that is more proud to be at their school than he is.

Just sucks it’s LSU......

It’s pretty clear at least to me that Ed can stay clean as long as he doesent get caught up with coaches who are dirty.

I expect LSU to beat The red team.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
You have to believe LSU has a good shot at making the playoffs as a one loss team given their resume and the Oklahoma loss. That is probably what is best for the SEC so look for the Tigers to get screwed by the refs against the gumps.

Imo they’ll need more than the refs. They just aren’t typical red team this season. Imo

I agree that if Bama is their only loss and Bama runs the table then LSU has a great shot at still getting in with wins over UF, Auburn, and a road win at Texas, especially if Texas can finish 9-3. However, if LSU beats Bama then Bama is likely out unless there are a couple Power 5 Champs with 2 or more losses.

It’s pretty clear at least to me that Ed can stay clean as long as he doesent get caught up with coaches who are dirty.

I expect LSU to beat The red team.

I sorta hope they beat Bama. There is only one team I will cheer for the Tide to beat and it’s not Notre Dame. In fact, Bama is the only team I’d root for the Irish to beat. Georgia has become my most despised team. I actually went to bed happy the last two times Bama has beaten the Dawgs. Thought I’d never feel that way. Sorry for the tangent. Geaux Tigers? 🥴

VN Store

Back