Guarantano vs Shrout

VOLSAO

First off, let me say that I think Guarantano played his best game of the season. He threw some nice balls tonight and really minimized the bone headed plays we have all be frustrated with this season. Shrout, at times, looked like a redshirt freshmen drawing the ire of Pruitt on the first series when he tried to elude pressure instead of climbing in the pocket. IMO, Shrout gives us the best chance for long, explosive plays. Both QB's completed deep balls to Calloway, the difference is that on JG's Calloway had to completed stop after beating the DB to complete a jump ball for the catch. Shrout beautifully led Calloway to a spot where he could catch it and run it in for the TD. These are the plays that we have to hit when we take shots.

Again, not trying to bash or take anything away from JG, he played hard and fought.

First off, let me say that I think Guarantano played his best game of the season. He threw some nice balls tonight and really minimized the bone headed plays we have all be frustrated with this season. Shrout, at times, looked like a redshirt freshmen drawing the ire of Pruitt on the first series when he tried to elude pressure instead of climbing in the pocket. IMO, Shrout gives us the best chance for long, explosive plays. Both QB's completed deep balls to Calloway, the difference is that on JG's Calloway had to completed stop after beating the DB to complete a jump ball for the catch. Shrout beautifully led Calloway to a spot where he could catch it and run it in for the TD. These are the plays that we have to hit when we take shots.

Again, not trying to bash or take anything away from JG, he played hard and fought.

It won’t matter next week, since JG’s left wrist is broken. It’ll be Shrout or Maurer.

If Im bot mistaken, the ball travelled through the air 50 yards from Shrout and between 50-55 for JG - who also had to fake a reverse.
Perhaps JG should have tried to throw it quicker knowing Callaway would be further down by the time he did, but Im pretty sure they threw it the same distance. Not sure I would expect JG to throw it 60+ yards.

Reactions: pharmDvol11
If Im bot mistaken, the ball travelled through the air 50 yards from Shrout and between 50-55 for JG - who also had to fake a reverse.
Perhaps JG should have tried to throw it quicker knowing Callaway would be further down by the time he did, but Im pretty sure they threw it the same distance. Not sure I would expect JG to throw it 60+ yards.
I love JG’s heart and his competitiveness. All that aside, if he uncorks that ball a second earlier, he has an easier throw, he hits the receiver in stride, and it’s a touchdown. Holding the ball too long is his MO. The coaches need to help him figure it out if he wants to try to play at this or the next level.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I love JG’s heart and his competitiveness. All that aside, if he uncorks that ball a second earlier, he has an easier throw, he hits the receiver in stride, and it’s a touchdown. Holding the ball too long is his MO. The coaches need to help him figure it out if he wants to try to play at this or the next level.
I will have to go back and watch (my dad records all the games) to see if he waited to long, I just know we cant fault him for not throwing it DEEP enough like the "gunslingers" Maurer and Shrout.

Much rather we play UAB than Mizz or Ky right now. We need some time to heal some injured players. Had several key players injured last night.

If that's the play I'm thinking of, Jennings was the QB.

We had 7 passes of 20+ yards vs USCjrs. JG had 5 of those.

VN Store

Back