'20 GA QB Harrison Bailey (UT SIGNEE)

I’ll be stunned if Bailey beats out Maurer. I can’t believe I’m saying that, but it’s true. Unless Maurer continues the injury struggles he’ll be the guy imo.
I don't think I would be stunned. I think both have a lot of talent and Maurer now has 1 year up in experience. He is a good runner which adds another demention to his game. However, Bailey has all the passes and he can bring a team back form a deficite in a hurry. He sees the field very well and hits open receivers. He can run when required. The competition between these two will make both better QBs. The O-line in the next two years will be outstanding and the run game will also improve.
I see both being in the NFL and helping Tennessee to their next SEC Championship.

I’ll be stunned if Bailey beats out Maurer. I can’t believe I’m saying that, but it’s true. Unless Maurer continues the injury struggles he’ll be the guy imo.

Maurer has the differentiating factor of his legs. But that ain’t Chaney’s prototype. Bailey looks like that guy. I’d guess we see a 2-QB system next year with Bailey firmly winning the job midway through the season.

I don’t think Maurer will ever hold up an entire season.

I want to see Bailey playing against college competition before I declare him the next Peyton. He has played against some great High School teams and done well, but, it's still high school. I belivev he can do it, but I want to see it.

I don't think anyone here is claiming him to be the next Peyton Manning.

Maurer has the differentiating factor of his legs. But that ain’t Chaney’s prototype. Bailey looks like that guy. I’d guess we see a 2-QB system next year with Bailey firmly winning the job midway through the season.

Yeah injuries will hurt Maurer's chances. Bailey is an EE, great chance for him to start next year. It'll be a battle all the way till the 3rd-4th game next year like always. Great battle ahead either way.
Also, let's see how Maurer looks next year when he doesn't have reliable JJ or Quez on the field.

Yeah injuries will hurt Maurer's chances. Bailey is an EE, great chance for him to start next year. It'll be a battle all the way till the 3rd-4th game next year like always. Great battle ahead either way.
Also, let's see how Maurer looks next year when he doesn't have reliable JJ or Quez on the field.

So wait until we get wrecked by Florida again before we make a change....because ‘youth’....

I don't think you understand how much better of a passer Bailey is than Maurer... Maurer is a gamer, love his heart, drive, etc... Bailey is an NFL-bound pocket passer... Tyler Bray without the terrible attitude

You don’t know anything.

You’ve admitted too it on more that one occasion.

You‘ll never anything because.... Well, you just don‘t

Public Service announcement: Any one who reads these comment. Just know that BOT has no idea what day it is, let alone what is going on with recruiting. Never ever take what he says as anything close to fact.

BOT you should stick to the FF and the RF where you shine, because I’m gonna call you on it every time you say something stupid over here....

Man I really care. Call out all you like.

I don't think Mauer is injury prone, both concussions were freak accidents with how he landed on both plays. He does need to add some weight and strength and that will come in the offseason. I don't see Chaney or Pruitt wanting to run a 2 QB system, plus Chaney doesn't really have a prototypical QB he prefers.Mauer is on the same level as Bailey as a passer. Will be a great QB battle and I still think Shrout will be in the picture as well. Think we see a good amout of Shrout today, atleast I hope. No chance of beating S.Carol with Guarantano at QB. Bailey being an EE will also be beneficial. If Mauer stays healthy, It won't be easy to take his job. His teammates love him, Coach's trust him and he brings a swag to the QB position that we haven't had in a long time. Should be a great 4 player battle at QB in the Spring and beyond. Plus, I don't see Guarantano being here his senior season. Very excited to see what Shrout can do today as well.

I don't think you understand how much better of a passer Bailey is than Maurer... Maurer is a gamer, love his heart, drive, etc... Bailey is an NFL-bound pocket passer... Tyler Bray without the terrible attitude
There’s no doubt Bailey is an elite QB. But next year Maurer will have more experience for one, but Maurer has been a baller for us, both with his legs and arm. He also is a leader with that it factor. It’s not going to be easy to unseat him imo.

I just hope he doesn't get his hopes dashed if we don't win out, especially this weekend. Not being a debbie downer or pessimist, just saying realistic expectations are always best. Hope for the best but plan for the worst. Football can be such a capricious beast predicated on the ebb and flow of momentum from a single mistake, i.e. this weekend.

I've seen improvement. I've seen glimpses of greatness that give me hope for the future, but I also won't be surprised if we don't win out.

science.gif

We cannot RS someone when we will have only 2 schollie QB's

You can if the OL is a great one. In fact, today is the first time since 2007 that Bama has had to start a backup QB. It’s all about protection and I’m loving our OL and the direction it’s going.

If Maurer can’t stay healthy then it won’t be a much of a choice. Will be a fun battle to watch unfold.

I’m sittimg
I want to see Bailey playing against college competition before I declare him the next Peyton. He has played against some great High School teams and done well, but, it's still high school. I belivev he can do it, but I want to see it.

I’m sitting right behind the bench on recruit day at the SC game. These high school boys are not wimpy

Reactions: FïreBall

VN Store

Back