HBO 247 College Football with Mike Leach

PeytonPass

Like everyone, I’ve always been amused by Leach’s personality in press conferences. If you watch this episode about Washington State, I think we really missed out on a program builder. The guy isn’t just a gimmick offense guy. He knows how to build a cohesive, total program and is dedicated to it as his life.
What could have been.

A leach hire would have advanced our rise to the top by 3 or 4 years. TN has never been a proving ground for new HCs. That is the American conf teams. We are a historical top 10 program. Pruitt was a mistake but we have to live with it.

A leach hire would have advanced our rise to the top by 3 or 4 years. TN has never been a proving ground for new HCs. That is the American conf teams. We are a historical top 10 program. Pruitt was a mistake but we have to live with it.
Just like Kirby Smart had to learn on the job to, right?😏

Like everyone, I’ve always been amused by Leach’s personality in press conferences. If you watch this episode about Washington State, I think we really missed out on a program builder. The guy isn’t just a gimmick offense guy. He knows how to build a cohesive, total program and is dedicated to it as his life.
What could have been.
I dont think "amusing" would fit well here.

Reactions: feathersax
At a minimum. The air raid is fun to watch. Given a decent defense. He’s have a 1 loss team right now. They score at least 30 a game.

The air raid/fun is designed to score quickly. So if it worked then Tennessee’s Defense is burned out by the 3rd quarter if not sooner.

The power run teams would counter that by keeping us off the field. Resulting in very little to no wins in conference. I guess we could hang our hat on those OOC wins though.

He’s never been known to have a strong defense or a strong recruiter in general. So mix all that together and we still have the same threads talking about the same subject.

A 1 loss team with a system that is hit or miss and a tired defense. That’s a dream there.

Reactions: feathersax
Help me out. Why would Leach be able to turn an SEC team around in one year yet has never...not one time...won a conference championship on a team he’s been at for significantly longer. I don’t get this logic. He has what...1 conference win in the PAC12 this year and he’s the savior of UT football? He’s last in his division right now...LAST!! And it’s a BAD division and in a conference that’s been down and ripe for the picking for an even decent coach. Stop fooling yourself.

If you wanted Leach to bring stability to the mess and start a rebuilt, Im fine with that.
Long time I never believed he was the answer to take us to the promised land.

Reactions: OG.V83
What could have been.
Sure looks like it pure powerhouse he’s coaching now. Thanks but no thanks I’ll take the guy we have over pirates and alien theories

VN Store

Back