HBO 247 College Football with Mike Leach

He has 2.

Not UT's fault he wasted a month of recruiting coaching at Bama.
This kind of response is so transparent. “I don’t like him so I will skew the facts to exaggerate what I think are his faults.”
He didn’t waste a month of recruiting coaching for Bama. He was hired on the 6th and the dead period started on the 16th I believe. He said in his press conference he was leaving it and heading out to recruit. How did he lose a month again? He recruited up until the dead period and then went to coach. No problem there.
People cherry pick what they want that fits their narrative. It’s like Will Friend. Last year and the year before he was the worst coach on the planet and was the reason for Tennessee’s offensive line woes. He would be interjected into almost every thread somehow with people calling for his head and, if not his, Pruitts for only keeping him around because they’re friends. Now look, the O-line is improving and, perhaps, growing to be a strength and the Friend coach critics are no where to be found. Did he suddenly become a good coach or is it because the vocal minority doesn’t have a clue what they’re talking about most of the time and judges performance based on whether or not they like the guy because he was a “splash“ hire.

A leach hire would have advanced our rise to the top by 3 or 4 years. TN has never been a proving ground for new HCs. That is the American conf teams. We are a historical top 10 program. Pruitt was a mistake but we have to live with it.
With the exception of Johnny Majors, Tennessee has always been a proving ground for new HCs. It has never been Tennessee's M.O. to hire an established head coach.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
If you don't like Pruitt, imagine how quickly Leach's act would wear thin when we lost to South Carolina 52-48 and in the postgame press conference wanted to talk about pirates.

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
It "ends" differently for some than others. I've already had this discussion. Some have already made up their minds that he sucks, he's in over his head and they can't for him to be gone... but they don't want us to lose any more games because they don't want Tennessee to lose. Makes sense, let's hope we keep winning and then "Fire Pruitt because I don't like him and I don't think he's a good coach. Go Vawls by gawd".

Some, like me, want to wait until we finish this season and see what our final record IS, not what its projected by the future tellers, and see how our 2020 class turns out. I want all of this to before I decide if I want to fire him or give him another year. Here's the kicker. It doesn't matter what I think, he's getting next year anyway, so basically I'm just waiting a few more months before I decide if I'm gonna stay on this side of the argument, or jump in the crying game.

There are a few that will probably give him 3-5 more years no matter what, but its a very few IMO.

I decided not to say anything about me spending thousands of dollars on therapy because of my unadulterated fear of another failed coaching search as part of this argument. Sorry to disappointment, Breaded.

While i do think he is still learning on the job and we could have had a coach that didnt have to do that...however the last few weeks it seems to me he IS learning and the team is reaponding. If this continues i will happily move from the Pruitt hire was another mistake to the "i was wrong and Pruitt is gonna be alright camp" And have zero qualms about either stance.

He may turn out great but to this point there is still little data indicating that will be the case.

He has 2.

Not UT's fault he wasted a month of recruiting coaching at Bama.

1.25; that class would never be fully his even if he had walked they day he was hired. Recruiting takes, in some cases, years of cultivating the trust and respect of a HS kid, his family and coaches. He likely didn't have many recruits that would fit his system in what UT had lined up.

A leach hire would have advanced our rise to the top by 3 or 4 years. TN has never been a proving ground for new HCs. That is the American conf teams. We are a historical top 10 program. Pruitt was a mistake but we have to live with it.
What are you going to post if we reach a bowl game this year and have a top 10 recruiting class?

VN Store

Back