Apparently Free Shoes is working on Taggart's buyout.

Sub Par SUPERSTAR

All around decent fella.
So they can pursue Urban Meyer, according to their 247 people...I seriously doubt they could swing that logistically, but it would be scary as all hell if they do.

He’ll take his time and cherry pick his next spot. Might not be this cycle. But if it is in this cycle...I doubt it’ll be FSU

He’ll take his time and cherry pick his next spot. Might not be this cycle. But if it is in this cycle...I doubt it’ll be FSU
Yeah I think it's USC or bust for Urban, but it tells you where FSU's mindset is...I'd be worried as hell if they "settled" for Matt Campbell or Matt Rhule too...I want them to suck forever more.

Seems to be a widely circulated report at this point. Campbell has a $8 million buyout, plus $17 million for Taggart. Probably a few more million for assistants on both staffs. May never happen, but at least FSU appears to be ready to ante up for a seat at the high stakes table. Vols meanwhile are hanging onto that nickel slot machine arm for grim death.

Seems to be a widely circulated report at this point. Campbell has a $8 million buyout, plus $17 million for Taggart. Probably a few more million for assistants on both staffs. May never happen, but at least FSU appears to be ready to ante up for a seat at the high stakes table. Vols meanwhile are hanging onto that nickel slot machine arm for grim death.
FSU isn't buyout out Taggart, at least not this year. If you want to know the reason the program is in the shape that it's in, look no further than the head man in College Station.

I know Jimbo won a title, and I think he was a good hire for A&M (not sure I would have fully guaranteed the contract, but they have the resources to do that). But that was an epic coast job he did in Tallahassee after the 2013 national title season. They almost lost a ton of games the season after that with Jameis before getting destroyed in the CFP semi, then had a couple of pretty good 10-win seasons, then totally mailed it in in 2017.

Jimbo has a reputation as a great coach, and he is one of only 5 active coaches with a title, but let's not forget he only had 1 truly great season at FSU and left the program in tatters.

Last edited:
Urban Meyer choosing between FSU and USC...

Money talks but I dont think FSU has a shot. When the oven gets hot, Urban gets chest pain or headaches... And he's gonna go down to Florida to recruit against Florida, UGA, Bama, Clemson. Add to that Miami, Auburn, Tennessee, South Carolina. I just don't see it.

Urban won't go anywhere that he isn't the top guy in the conference. Dabo is king of the conference so Urban ain't going there. USC will be his landing spot if he leaves whatever job he has at osu.

I hate Florida State with every fiber of my being...But if they're smart, they'll do everything they realistically can to try and get Matt Campbell or Matt Rhule...Despite their financial constraints, it is an elite top tier job. *BARF*

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back