Just watched the video explaining the goal line play

This is what has been happening all year with JG. The coaching staff does not know which play he will run once the ball is snapped. JP has yelled at him multiple times when he's come back to the sideline for missing opportunities.

The problem seems to be now, why is JT Shrout not picked up the offense any quicker than he has. He's been on the team for 2 years now. Why can Shrout not lead this team?

How Guarantano went rogue. That play call would have been an easy touchdown. Now I'm actually in fear for JG's safety out in public. He may need a bodyguard.
CPP is to blame for the JG mishap, period! Why? Steve Spurrier once apologized to a QB (Terry Dean) after an interception. SOS said "Terry I'm sorry. That interception was my fault. I should have never put you in the game." Boom!

While I appreciate the analysis, it does not match up with what Pruitt said after the game. He said they called a sneak. Here are the quotes from the post game press conference.

“We’ve run two quarterback sneaks earlier in the game by pushing the pile,” Pruitt said after the game, according to the Knoxville News Sentinel.

“We could either go back with it or run a sneak, and we elected to run a sneak and he shouldn’t have jumped over the top. He should have pushed it there over the middle.”

While I appreciate the analysis, it does not match up with what Pruitt said after the game. He said they called a sneak. Here are the quotes from the post game press conference.

“We’ve run two quarterback sneaks earlier in the game by pushing the pile,” Pruitt said after the game, according to the Knoxville News Sentinel.

“We could either go back with it or run a sneak, and we elected to run a sneak and he shouldn’t have jumped over the top. He should have pushed it there over the middle.”
Its called covering for your players...

Could he have been protecting JG?

Just WTF is he thinking? Even if he was going to do the sneak against the coaches wishes, he should have at least informed the offensive line. The guy is not only a lousy quarterback, he's an idiot to boot.

Is that Crouch or Fils-Aime in the RB slot? Either way you can see the RB was expecting the ball to be tossed to him. SMH

Reactions: Type Orange+
CPP is to blame for the JG mishap, period! Why? Steve Spurrier once apologized to a QB (Terry Dean) after an interception. SOS said "Terry I'm sorry. That interception was my fault. I should have never put you in the game." Boom!
Here you again in another thread with that garbage. If it’s so easy for you, then submit your resume sport.... 🙄

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Just brutal to see the numbnutedness this kid displays each week. There was also a play in the game where he ran around in a circle and then jumped onto the dirt, maybe another ad lib of his

Maurer may not be able to finish this season out. Unfortunately, we may be forced to play JG. Pruitt is likely smart enough to not throw him under the bus publicly knowing he may be pressed into service. Every pundit in the country, every person I know who understands football and watched the game, everyone with even a minor bit of knowledge who has seen that replay agrees that JG screwed up massively.

My question still remains is did he knowingly try and play hero/go rogue, or did he misread the play that bad. Also, which is worse, a QB who can't execute that play or a QB who ignores the play for selfish reasons?

No, he’s being serious. He argued this same point in another thread. He’s just mad because he gets called out on it.
Wow, wouldn’t have thought was intended in any other way than jest. My bad

Reactions: m1al
This is what most have been saying but for anyone who doubted....here ya go.

Yeah, that play vs Alabama should be the last snap that Jarrett Guarantano ever takes for the University of Tennessee football program. Unfortunately, because of Maurer’s health issues and Shrout not being ready or even good enough, the chances of Guarantano playing again this season are astronomically high.

Dude, if anybody knows anything about Pruitt and his press conferences at this point, it’s that he’s gonna protect his players to the point that he’ll even take the blame when it’s clear the blame doesn’t belong with him. He knows that, unfortunately, Guarantano is gonna HAVE to play for this team again this year because Maurer won’t be available due to health concerns and Shrout ain’t ready.

As Rodgers pointed out, it’s beyond clear what happened on that play, which is why Pruitt was so, rightfully, pissed at Guarantano coming off the field. He literally went rogue and cost Tennessee at opportunity to get within 1 score of the #1 team in the country in the 4th quarter.

Reactions: bpalmer28

VN Store

Back