Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. Are you telling me you never heard the fans ? Are you not telling me you haven't noticed the empty seats ? Fans are not ignorant. Fans know when the team is improving and when it hasn't. Had Pruitt tried to continue with JG at QB things would be a lot worse right now.
Pruitt was pretty hard headed. Nothing like a good dunk of reality to wake him up.
I noticed in the last 2 press conferences Pruitt acts like a totally different coach. He's no longer snarky.
He actually tries to explain things and comes across totally different. It's like a weight has been lifted off him and I am thrilled about it. He seems so much more at ease.
So to be honest I think Maurer's personality is contagious. Looks like the whole team has caught it and then Pruitt caught it from them. Now that's a good thing. A good coach has to recognize the problem and then attempt to solve it. Pruitt did just that with a little help from the fans and I imagine the administration.
The day the coaches take advice from fans they just need to turn their coach cards in. Coaches need to be allowed to do their jobs, from all angles.

Not at all. Are you telling me you never heard the fans ? Are you not telling me you haven't noticed the empty seats ? Fans are not ignorant. Fans know when the team is improving and when it hasn't. Had Pruitt tried to continue with JG at QB things would be a lot worse right now.
Pruitt was pretty hard headed. Nothing like a good dunk of reality to wake him up.
I noticed in the last 2 press conferences Pruitt acts like a totally different coach. He's no longer snarky.
He actually tries to explain things and comes across totally different. It's like a weight has been lifted off him and I am thrilled about it. He seems so much more at ease.
So to be honest I think Maurer's personality is contagious. Looks like the whole team has caught it and then Pruitt caught it from them. Now that's a good thing. A good coach has to recognize the problem and then attempt to solve it. Pruitt did just that with a little help from the fans and I imagine the administration.

You hit the nail on the head regarding Maurer's personality. This team absolutely needs the energy he brings. He's a fireball. Yeah, his game needs work and there's nothing 'safe' about playing him (ints are absolutely going to happen) but we need the fire he brings. The entire team plays better when he's front and center and that mitigates a lot of the damage he does with freshman mistakes. TBH, it overrides it imo.

Yeah the wife also didn't like the continued whistle for the title screen. Do you just not like the music or was it too loud? Did all that lighting with practical, just had a really fast cinema prime lens and shot wide open.

Thanks!

nah I thought the use of the music was good, it was just a little extra, maybe its volume maybe its just too "dready" bordering on cheesy. Maybe go with something more atmospheric, let the insects and silence work for you some.

Dang you gotta hard on for JC. What did he do? Yell at you one time or something..🤔

The first EZ int..if Maurer had read it right would have been a TD..They gambled and won due to Maurers inexperience on that play..

The second was all on Maurer trying to force it when it wasn't there..

I think I really like having a greedy/aggressive OC a lot better than a pussyfooting/timid OC that is scared of his shadow..
I just thought on that first drive INT. I would’ve liked to just run the ball. If you convert cool if not take your 3-0 with your young qb and build mommentum.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I have to give JG credit. Based on Matt Wyatt’s film study that was posted yesterday, the TD throw to Byrd was an RPO. We had a run look based on the OL, and JG read the left CB on Byrd. The CB took a few steps in on the run fake and it got Byrd open with the other two WR’s having one on one blocks. The blocking was great, and Byrd just had to beat one guy to the outside.

Great read and great play design.

Also shoutout to Byrd for getting his LEG UP when the defender went for the foot/leg tackle. That old John Kelly hop. Someone teach our current RBs that move, please.

The day the coaches take advice from fans they just need to turn their coach cards in. Coaches need to be allowed to do their jobs, from all angles.
Do you deny the fans disappointment and the lack of fans in the seats wasn't heard. Did you not hear Pruitt saying JG gave us the best chance to win and refused to hardly acknowledge Maurer or Shrout.
Are you trying to tell me now that the fans were wrong about JG. Are you trying to tell me Tennessee Vol fans football IQ are on the same basis as ignorance. If it wasn't for the fans Pruitt would still be trotting JG out there and telling us its all we had if we were going to have a chance. PRUITT was WRONG and he knows it.
Pruitt was very snarky when one of the media guys asked him about Maurer being the back up when he ran on the field to take JG's spot when the guy threw his shoe away. Pruitt wanted no discussion of a back up. Much less Maurer.
Don't be fooled. A lot of Tennessee fans were going to stop showing up for the games this year. The administration heard the fans and a change was made whether you want to believe it or not. It's not like we were wanting Peyton Manning replaced. The fans knew JG was not the guy to take us on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back