'21 TN WR Adonai Mitchell (Georgia commit)

He’s back in 2020 class
HIFt.gif

This kid should drop a top 5 for both the '20 and '21 recruiting cycles, with different teams on each.
Just to see if Barton would give him 2 different grades based on which offers he listed for each. 😏
Then "experts" should put cb's in for the class ('20/'21) they believe he enrolls in....

Reactions: chargervol
@vol4092 Did you get clarification on whether he's a '20 or '21 kid?

Rivals and 247 lists him as a 21. He previously was listed as a '20 when I created the thread. There was talk of him in this thread going from the '20, to the '21, back to the '20.

His Hudl lists him as a senior.

And he says he plans to commit in September, which seems kind of early for him if he actually was a class of '21 kid considering his relatively low amount of offers.

Well one way or the other he’s gonna be a vol

Do you think so?

I was thinking we may go shorter on WR this cycle than we all anticipated. I figure we're taking 3 this year as opposed to the general thought of 4. Just basing that off the flexibility we gain with Brandon Johnson RS'ing and (albeit probably nothing comes from this) the move of Princeton Fant back to WR. That, coupled with the gaping holes we have on the front seven.

Plus I think we burn a body on a GT/JUCO/or transfer QB to replace JG and maybe JT this offseason.

I'd have to re-read this thread but I'm curious where this kid fits on our board. Hyatt seems as solid as they come. Calloway seems like he might stick. We're still shooting for pipe dreams big fish like Jarrett and Capers.

When I first heard he re-re-re-reclassified to '20, that it really lowered his chances of coming here.

That said, he's got some talented kids on his class from '21, so if he does make it in it'll help us with them next year.

Reactions: volinbama256
Do you think so?

I was thinking we may go shorter on WR this cycle than we all anticipated. I figure we're taking 3 this year as opposed to the general thought of 4. Just basing that off the flexibility we gain with Brandon Johnson RS'ing and (albeit probably nothing comes from this) the move of Princeton Fant back to WR. That, coupled with the gaping holes we have on the front seven.

Plus I think we burn a body on a GT/JUCO/or transfer QB to replace JG and maybe JT this offseason.

I'd have to re-read this thread but I'm curious where this kid fits on our board. Hyatt seems as solid as they come. Calloway seems like he might stick. We're still shooting for pipe dreams big fish like Jarrett and Capers.

When I first heard he re-re-re-reclassified to '20, that it really lowered his chances of coming here.

That said, he's got some talented kids on his class from '21, so if he does make it in it'll help us with them next year.

I agree with everything but trying to replace JG.... we have Maurer, Shrout, Hill, and hopefully Bailey... we don't need 5 QBs... Even if Shrout transfers, that still leaves 3...

Do you think so?

The staff still isn’t 100% on Calloway playing on the offensive side and Williamson is likely to get blue shirted after his injury (if not just removed from the class but I don’t think Pruitt would do that to a player he already accepted a commitment from) so as it sits we only have 1 true receiver in the class. I think they might end up taking this kid and maybe even a JUCO WR or transfer from another school (a name to watch would be Kundarrius Taylor). Either way after Murphy was kicked off the team and Jones transferred we’re losing at least 5 WRs. They won’t take that many but I still think they take 4 at minimum unless they can pull Darnell Washington somehow, because as it sits they’re not taking a TE unless it’s him. I don’t think they’ll take another QB even if both JG and JT transfer, I know Pruitt has said he wants 4 but he’ll probably change his mind on it when he sees that a 4th string QB isn’t worth wasting a spot over a skill player or front 7 guy that can help you immediately. Our QB room next season will be Bailey/Hill/Maurer.

VN Store

Back