I wonder...

BOB in GA

Big Orange Born
what the Tennessee football players are feeling this week in preparation for the game against Alabama? Are they excited to have the chance to play the Number One team in the country in Bama’s house on a nationwide broadcast? Are they scared to death and hope only to survive and not be embarrassed before the entire country?

I can’t help but wonder how the USCjr players felt about the Georgia game last week before the game in Athens.

I wonder how Lane Kiffen’s Volunteers felt back in 2009 when preparing to go to Tuscaloosa to play the Number One team in the country; only to see Bama survive with a last minute blocked field goal?

I wonder...

The players are amped up in anticipation of playing the number 1 team, they see it as an opportunity to compete and prove themselves. It will be a bit more elevated this week coming off of a win, and the coaches will do their part to get the team's energy level up where it will need to be. Its almost always like this before a game against a top notch opponent. The longer they stay in the game, the more resolve and belief the UT players will have that they can play with Bama. Most likely, at least 95% of the time, the superior team sets the tone early enough in the game that reality sinks in and the once high energy level starts losing air. It goes downhill from there.

I am sure as D1 SEC athletes they plan on stepping on the field and doing all they can to win the game

You play to win the game!

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
what the Tennessee football players are feeling this week in preparation for the game against Alabama? Are they excited to have the chance to play the Number One team in the country in Bama’s house on a nationwide broadcast? Are they scared to death and hope only to survive and not be embarrassed before the entire country?

I can’t help but wonder how the USCjr players felt about the Georgia game last week before the game in Athens.

I wonder how Lane Kiffen’s Volunteers felt back in 2009 when preparing to go to Tuscaloosa to play the Number One team in the country; only to see Bama survive with a last minute blocked field goal?

I wonder...
Anyone on our team with this attitude can get out now. While I think we will get killed badly on Saturday, I want guys who are fighters. As this team and program improves, we need guys who step up ready to play every game. That's what we'll need more than anything to see improvements in our team for years to come.

If you've ever played football, you know this team can't wait to get to Tuscaloosa this weekend. Players live for these games because they're opportunity games...an opportunity to make a statement. As a player, you'd much rather play Alabama than BYU or Georgia State. The only people afraid are the fans on the innerwebs who are hoping that the coaches rest the starters so they don't get hurt.

I wonder...

Scared, really? This is (some) fans projecting their feelings onto the team. These dudes are D-1 SEC football players. I’d be hard pressed to believe any players are scared to play football. Bama is another level, clearly. But come on, this is nonsense.

This team finally knows what winning feels like. In spite of all the negativity, they’ve improved and have hope. There’s not a limit on success and I think this will be our best game so far.

I bet their feelings are on par with a Kamikaze pilots..Hyped up..excited..dedicated..destined to get killed.

Reactions: finn

I wonder...
The chasm between the two rosters was much closer during those games. Now Bama lines up 4 Amari Cooper at WR every play and the QB is Tua vs Greg McElroy and Jacob Park.

We will lose by 40+.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Our players need to keep their heads down and focus on execution one play at a time and not get caught up in “the wonder of it all”.
Pretty sure Pruitt said in a press conference once that he's seen some teams lose games as soon as the opposing team ran onto the field. Wasn't speaking about any specific team, just said he'd seen it happen. I definitely could see that happening Saturday.

I wonder if we can make it out of the game with no injuries...if we can, then it's all gravy...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT BAMA!

VN Store

Back