I wonder...

The chasm between the two rosters was much closer during those games. Now Bama lines up 4 Amari Cooper at WR every play and the QB is Tua vs Greg McElroy and Jacob Park.

We will lose by 40+.
The fact that they now have Tua + those 3 WRs all on the field at the same time with that passing attack shows the brilliance of Saban more than anything else.

If it was up to Saban, I still think he's prefer to win every game with a 4 yards and a cloud of dust offense and leaning on his defense. His first few national titles were won that way. But he's figured out it's become much harder to win that way in more recent years, so now he's got an elite passing QB, ultra-fast WRs, and a defense that is smaller and faster but still really good. He prefers to play the game a certain way, but he isn't beholden to only playing that way. That's a rare quality in a coach.

Reactions: Mtnvol80 and Bigun
what the Tennessee football players are feeling this week in preparation for the game against Alabama? Are they excited to have the chance to play the Number One team in the country in Bama’s house on a nationwide broadcast? Are they scared to death and hope only to survive and not be embarrassed before the entire country?

I can’t help but wonder how the USCjr players felt about the Georgia game last week before the game in Athens.

I wonder how Lane Kiffen’s Volunteers felt back in 2009 when preparing to go to Tuscaloosa to play the Number One team in the country; only to see Bama survive with a last minute blocked field goal?

I wonder...

Did the Chaplin really tell the team to get their affairs in order, prior to the Bama game?

Every thread needs a large dose of reality in a sea of orange pumper koolaid.

Don't think you are the "realist" that you think you are. When things do change I'm sure it will be a sad day for you. I know you will say that is not true, but you sure seem to enjoy being negative.

Reactions: Vol524
Don't think you are the "realist" that you think you are. When things do change I'm sure it will be a sad day for you. I know you will say that is not true, but you sure seem to enjoy being negative.
When things change I'll go back to being a sunshine pumper with the rest of yall. My entire life I've always thought UT could beat any team they played, until 4-8 and the JG era. That was when it all went down hill.

Reactions: 08Vol and TJSVOLS
When things change I'll go back to being a sunshine pumper with the rest of yall. My entire life I've always thought UT could beat any team they played, until 4-8 and the JG era. That was when it all went down hill.

I understand, I guess I'm just one of these people that can run them down, but can't stand to hear anyone else do it. I know that is pretty hipacrital.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
The Vols have nothing to lose. Likely, they anticipate the game with eagerness. Play loose - 60 minutes of hard azz football. Maxims, with special emphasis on #2. Play for and make the breaks, and when one comes your way - SCORE!

Just gotta snap and clear and not worry so much about the red team.

Snap and Clear? Really. If you're trolling Lyle catchphrases then bravo, otherwise please stop using the vernacular of the sub-par Bama intern.

The Vols have nothing to lose. Likely, they anticipate the game with eagerness. Play loose - 60 minutes of hard azz football. Maxims, with special emphasis on #2. Play for and make the breaks, and when one comes your way - SCORE!
Gotta get better at capitalizing off turnovers and time in the redzone for any real chance.

If you've ever played football, you know this team can't wait to get to Tuscaloosa this weekend. Players live for these games because they're opportunity games...an opportunity to make a statement. As a player, you'd much rather play Alabama than BYU or Georgia State. The only people afraid are the fans on the innerwebs who are hoping that the coaches rest the starters so they don't get hurt.

If you're a competitor you want to play against the best. Often when you do even if you get beat you sometimes realize you as an individual are not that far off from your competition. Pruitt knows who his competitors are on this Vols team and I believe he is managing them in the correct way. After this energizing win against Miss State, I think our team will perform better than most of us anticipate. Bama right now is hitting on all cylinders and playing great football. We'll have to do the same thing and execute without mistakes and play together as a team to have the slimmest of chances to pull off the upset. Can we? Yes. Will we? It's why you play the games and people show up to watch.

If by some stretch of reality and a tear in the space-time fabric we pull off the upset this weekend, I think the 1985 Sugar Bowl will have a competitor as the greatest Vol upset of all time.

Reactions: TrentVol
Gotta get better at capitalizing off turnovers and time in the redzone for any real chance.

Visualize an epic meltdown by Bama, one so hapless that Saban flips his lid and is ejected. Imagine Bama, yes Bama committing turnovers and stupid errors enough to hand the Vols 35 points. That disruption will also reduce their scoring opportunities. The Vols add 10 additional points via clock-eating hard azz football and win, 45-42. Bama runs out of time and chances. Upset of the year. GBO.

If this doesn't work for you, there's always whiskey.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
They cant be afraid to be embarrassed in front of the entire country.
The Bama game has done that to them plenty of times as much as I hate to Acknowledge it

They should be excited to play the number 1 team in the country.They just need not to listen to the fans telling them how bad their going to get beat before the game even starts.

They should be excited to play the number 1 team in the country.They just need not to listen to the fans telling them how bad their going to get beat before the game even starts.

They definitely have more talent and are much deeper than we are. That said, anything can happen.

It sounds trite, but this is a Maxim game if there ever was one. Follow all 7, and we might have a chance. Slip on even one, and it's over. Error free football:

1. The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.
2. Play for and make the breaks and when one comes your way - SCORE.
3. If at first the game - or the breaks - go against you, don't let up... put on more steam.
4. Protect our kickers, our QB, our lead and our ball game.
5. Ball, oskie, cover, block, cut and slice, pursue and gang tackle... for this is the WINNING EDGE.
6. Press the kicking game. Here is where the breaks are made.
7. Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for 60 minutes.

Reactions: morristown vol
Visualize an epic meltdown by Bama, one so hapless that Saban flips his lid and is ejected. Imagine Bama, yes Bama committing turnovers and stupid errors enough to hand the Vols 35 points. That disruption will also reduce their scoring opportunities. The Vols add 10 additional points via clock-eating hard azz football and win, 45-42. Bama runs out of time and chances. Upset of the year. GBO.

If this doesn't work for you, there's always whiskey.
I'd lose my voice from screaming F### YEAH at the TV for 60 minutes.

Reactions: Tin Man

VN Store

Back