Maurer listed as the starter for Bama

So "coulda, shoulda, woulda"... you are reading your assumptions into it.

I have no earthly idea though if I'm not mistaken one of those weights would have been from the Elite 11.

Again I wish he were more developed. But JG's ineffectiveness forced them to try someone else. Why do you keep avoiding the reason Maurer has to be out there?

They chose Maurer. They didn't feel he was too little. They didn't even tell him not to run. If they told him to slide... it didn't take. Shrout and JG are actually listed at 213. Somehow the coaches didn't think whatever the difference was... was critical.
They put Maurer in because they’re tired of losing. Period

Give it up. People like him. People like what he brings to the table. They like that he gives us the best chance to win.

No one cares about your gerrymandered stats anymore.
With all due respect, what you just stated was also said about JG. People were high on him as well

Looks at the hit dog holler.

Lets not discuss how you seem to think all the black qbs are dumb and can't read a defense or process.

Then you magically think the worse, less accurate, turnover prone white qb is automatically some whiz at reading the defense and making smart decisions. No matter how many bad reads and turnovers they have.

You have hyped up multiple white qbs that can't play as being better than obviously better black qbs.

What happened to Dormady being better at reading defense and decision making than Dobbs? Remember that gem?

I wish you would stop being in JGs corner...
Because you're not a valid representation of who and what he is to this team.

He's becoming an awesome teammate and a better QB than he was before. Right now two QBs led us to victory last Saturday.
Both of them legit support each other's progress.

And you're just trying to start a fight.

Reactions: DixieVol
That's a fair point. I also expect HB to come in and compete for the starting job. However, I think Maurer has the potential to be very good. If HB comes in and wins the starting spot that is great, but it will not be a bad thing if Maurer gets developed this season and can be a solid backup option or maybe even surprise us and be a stellar QB. More than likely JG is gone so we need that backup option even if HB wins the starting spot. Anyways, I see your point that Maurer's play and development may not mean much in the grand scheme of things, but I definitely think it is important for this season.
I'm just hoping all of them develop quickly, I'm a big fan of Coach Pruitt and believe he's starting to outgrow some of his early growing pains. We need em all to develop in order to get where we'd all like for us to go.

Reactions: LittleVol
I disagree, I believe BAMA's D is better than UGA, but even if they are evenly matched, UGA Knocked Maurer Out, Period. Even Mississippi put him out of the game, I would not rest on, Maurer is so tough, BAMA can't touch him, he'll be okay for 4 quarters.....just saying

I’m not saying throw caution to the wind. Just saying they aren’t scary monsters

So "coulda, shoulda, woulda"... you are reading your assumptions into it.

I have no earthly idea though if I'm not mistaken one of those weights would have been from the Elite 11.

Again I wish he were more developed. But JG's ineffectiveness forced them to try someone else. Why do you keep avoiding the reason Maurer has to be out there?

They chose Maurer. They didn't feel he was too little. They didn't even tell him not to run. If they told him to slide... it didn't take. Shrout and JG are actually listed at 213. Somehow the coaches didn't think whatever the difference was... was critical.
I'm fine with Maurer but don't think he's anywhere near ready. I also think JG gets too much blame for us being 2-4 as opposed of 5-1. He definitely deserves blame but not the way many on here have turned on him and how they berated the kid. I believe that we easily win our 1st 2 games had Thompson and Bituli been available. Our team is getting better and it has nothing to do with our QB play this year.

I just hope he doesn't get hurt if he starts. We need him more with SCAR and the rest of the schedule. We have a realistic chance of winning them.
When we start holding players out because were afraid they will get hurt is will be the day the last nail goes in the coffin.....he'll fire I can't believe this was brought up....,dam

No. It tells me that you are actually AVOIDING the facts. While you’re hugging stat lines most are actually watching the game. You keep saying JG was better vs MSST but fail to add the rushing yards BM put up as well. 3/41. Thats over 13.5 yards a carry. Add his passing to that and you’ll get how well he really performed (in a quarter and a half I might add). No one is denying that he made 2 freshman mistakes. The problem is people like you and Pulaski that expect a true freshman to perform like a seasoned vet and focus all your energy on criticizing his mistakes while avoiding the DIMES he threw otherwise. It’s pathetic
I don't expect Maurer to perform like a veteran, I expect him to perform like an undersized freshman who turns the ball over because of his decision making and physical strength. The dime of the game vs Ms St was the dart down the sideline to Keyton from JG. I also expect a veteran to go 4-4 on 3rd downs vs an SEC team.

Reactions: Thorp32
He's 175 lbs soaking wet, the odds of him playing QB in the SEC at his current size and not getting hurt are slim. Easy to get gunshy if you're not strong enough to handle it physically.
Once again.... clueless comment. He’s listed at 193, up to 202 in the spring. I see you trying to push the “weak” narrative but he’s already made you eat your words the moment you hit “post reply”. Name a qb that’s not out at least a week after the UGA hit. Name a qb that lands on his head and doesn’t miss time. I’ll wait

Once again.... clueless comment. He’s listed at 193, up to 202 in the spring. I see you trying to push the “weak” narrative but he’s already made you eat your words the moment you hit “post reply”. Name a qb that’s not out at least a week after the UGA hit. Name a qb that lands on his head and doesn’t miss time. I’ll wait
Uncle_Rico.jpg

Looks at the hit dog holler.

Lets not discuss how you seem to think all the black qbs are dumb and can't read a defense or process.

Then you magically think the worse, less accurate, turnover prone white qb is automatically some whiz at reading the defense and making smart decisions. No matter how many bad reads and turnovers they have.

You have hyped up multiple white qbs that can't play as being better than obviously better black qbs.

What happened to Dormady being better at reading defense and decision making than Dobbs? Remember that gem?
I really find it funny that you went into hiding the Saturday of the UGA game and don't come back out until 2nd half of the State game. I've not seen you say 1 positive thing about any other player on this team, you dog the Oline, you dog the receivers, you dog the other QBs, you dog the defense but I'll be damned if you don't blow smoke up everyone's ass with fake stats. You bring nothing but negative nonsense to this board with your racist undertones and bashing of all things not JG. Do us a favor, when JG leaves after this year please follow him. You're not a VOLS fan, youre a JG fan and he would be glad to have you buy his Rutgers Jersey. You know for a fact that JGs offensive production is terrible. You know for a fact for all the stats you named off his total yards and total tds don't add up to an elite qb. You know for a fact he's not even a game manager because on Saturdays the lights just don't come on for him. That's not me being a racist that's me stating a fact that you choose to ignore because you have a dilemma with all things not JG. And the FACT that you said he was a better QB than Bray, Ainge and Clausen tells me everything I need to know about your twisted sick agenda. Get over your hatred for others, it's 2019.

I don't expect Maurer to perform like a veteran, I expect him to perform like an undersized freshman who turns the ball over because of his decision making and physical strength. The dime of the game vs Ms St was the dart down the sideline to Keyton from JG. I also expect a veteran to go 4-4 on 3rd downs vs an SEC team.
You’re just ridiculous. It doesn’t matter. He’s not going to please everyone. Keep concentrating on his flaws in his second start. Your cluelessness isn’t going to help HB beat him out.

He is not ready physically, period. He's gotten 2 starts and hasn't come close to finishing a game and is very likely questionable vs the commies. He may be great somewhere down the road but it's not likely to be this year because of his current strength, I hope he is but he's got 2 brutal defensive minds coming up and we'll get beat to death if he turns it over vs Bama and SCjrs.

Reactions: I40flyer
When we start holding players out because were afraid they will get hurt is will be the day the last nail goes in the coffin.....he'll fire I can't believe this was brought up....,dam
I'd agree to a point; however, if a player is not 100%, then he is injured-he may be 80-90%, but nonetheless he is still injured. I will leave Maurer's physical condition (is he 100% or not) to the coaches, only he and his coaches/medical staff know for sure. I wish him the best of luck, I wish him an injury free game and I wish him continued success. The truth is, BAMA is every Bit as good, if not better than UGA-when they hit him, they'll him as hard or harder than UGA was able to do. It's going to be a great game!

Last edited:
You’re just ridiculous. It doesn’t matter. He’s not going to please everyone. Keep concentrating on his flaws in his second start. Your cluelessness isn’t going to help HB beat him out.
You're the one that put my name in your mouth when you said I expect him to play like a veteran. BM is everything most thought he was, a good prospect who needs weight, maturity and strength. I expect him to play like a freshman and he has.

And you keep trying to make a point that doesn't matter. I actually answered you. There are at least a couple of guys in the SEC playing at about his size ASSUMING he didn't gain any weight from the time 247 listed his weight as 193... and the beginning of his season.

But I actually don't disagree that Maurer is playing before he's fully ready. It would have been far better to put some good weight on him. But JG didn't perform. If he had... Maurer would have likely played in 4 games and taken a RS.

JG played at that size and weight. Ainge was a rail when he first started.

But your attempts at diversion are getting more obvious. You want to trash Maurer and cling to the delusion that somehow JG doesn't have the problems that cost him the job. I wish JG didn't have those problems. UT would be far better off if he didn't. But he does. So the choices are play a guy who hasn't been able to overcome his issues in 4 years... or try playing a freshman through his mistakes as he tries to make plays. With the latter, you might lose. With the former... you will lose.
Did JG overcome some of his issues vs Ms St?

You're the one that put my name in your mouth when you said I expect him to play like a veteran. BM is everything most thought he was, a good prospect who needs weight, maturity and strength. I expect him to play like a freshman and he has.
That's the downfall of going with a freshman gun slinger, most throws are a gamble. But if it pays off then you found yourself something, see Tyler Bray 2010 or Dobbs in 2014.

He is not ready physically, period. He's gotten 2 starts and hasn't come close to finishing a game and is very likely questionable vs the commies. He may be great somewhere down the road but it's not likely to be this year because of his current strength, I hope he is but he's got 2 brutal defensive minds coming up and we'll get beat to death if he turns it over vs Bama and SCjrs.
Once again.... no one has argued if he’s ready or not. It’s clear that a year in the program would’ve helped but it hasn’t worked out that way. It seems that you and K Town are the only ones that would rather criticize his every mistake (that we all know is natural) and dismiss anything positive to promote your personal preferences.

That's the downfall of going with a freshman gun slinger, most throws are a gamble. But if it pays off then you found yourself something, see Tyler Bray 2010 or Dobbs in 2014.
I'd agree except that he doesn't have the arm cannon that Bray possesses nor the elusiveness and lower body strength Dobbs has. He's kinda a poor man's combo of both. BM will be much better with added strength and maturation.

Once again.... no one has argued if he’s ready or not. It’s clear that a year in the program would’ve helped but it hasn’t worked out that way. It seems that you and K Town are the only ones that would rather criticize his every mistake (that we all know is natural) and dismiss anything positive to promote your personal preferences.
I've not dismissed anything he's done positive. You on the other hand have blamed all of his mistakes on someone else and act as his shortcomings don't have a big impact on the game. I personally believe when you add it up they both currently have major deficiencies, Maurer's production to this point has not been better than the starter he replaced and I just believe if he's not any better then the veteran gives you the best chance to win.

I'd agree except that he doesn't have the arm cannon that Bray possesses nor the elusiveness and lower body strength Dobbs has. He's kinda a poor man's combo of both. BM will be much better with added strength and maturation.
OMG please stop! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT!!!! Do you know his arm strength is only 7 yards weaker than Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields? Do you know his arm strength is 7 yards stronger than HB? You don’t because you don’t KNOW anything about him. You really need to stop thinking you KNOW anything about this kid because it’s CLEAR you haven’t got a clue.

OMG please stop! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT!!!! Do you know his arm strength is only 7 yards weaker than Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields? Do you know his arm strength is 7 yards stronger than HB? You don’t because you don’t KNOW anything about him. You really need to stop thinking you KNOW anything about this kid because it’s CLEAR you haven’t got a clue.
According to you he also made throws in high school that only 2 current NFL QBs could make lol. He's got a decent arm but certainly no cannon like Bray, I'm not so sure his arm is any better than Dobbs.

VN Store

Back