Remember Last Year

With all of the excitement surrounding the win today, remember we lost to Ga St. and BYU already this season. For all of the pumpers pumping because of our win today, remember we beat two ranked teams last year then tanked down the stretch.

The season is not over by no means. We could run the gauntlet and build for next year or end the year the same as last year.

Slow the row boys. Lotta season still left.
This post is like cutting a big fart and walking outta the room. Some fans are just never happy. We win, we didn’t win by enough. We lose, the sky is falling. We won, beat a halfway decent SEC team, and actually I think helped our case as far as bowl eligibility with what’s remaining on the schedule. Sunshine pumper or not that’s how I look at it.

With all of the excitement surrounding the win today, remember we lost to Ga St. and BYU already this season. For all of the pumpers pumping because of our win today, remember we beat two ranked teams last year then tanked down the stretch.

The season is not over by no means. We could run the gauntlet and build for next year or end the year the same as last year.

Well thanks, I feel a lot better now. Thanks for bringing up the past to bring the present into focus. I was feeling good... guess I'll just give up now...eeyor

While true...wtf

Cant a starved fanbase celebrate for 24 hours??

I bet people just love hanging around you. I bet people love it when you show up to lunch, or meetings, or parties.

Reactions: OG.V83
Indeed. After all, a rowing stone gathers no moss!

I still think this team can get on a hot row.

At that point we’ll be like Proud Mary - you know - rowing, rowing, rowing on the river!

I Died when he said to slow the "row" 🤣🤣 Ol'
"Row, row, row your boat" lookin azz dude lol

Reactions: kcvols1

You should become a Motivational Speaker.

73037213_2707292496002262_5935024223247400960_n.jpg

giphy (11).gifgiphy (10).gif

Reactions: OG.V83 and VOL_Lyfe

tenor.gif

Here's the thing man, yeah shouldn't have lost to ga state or byu but this win is more than just a win, most on here knew this season was going to be rough, alot of young guys playing and this team had to learn to play as a team. Last week started it and this week it was on full display, we were the better team and for the first time all season everybody on the team was pulling in the same direction and actually playing together. I don't know how many more wins we'll have this season but if they continue to play together and get the experience that will be very encouraging going into next season

We won and that’s a start, SC game will be a big one, just survive Bama without a bunch of injuries...

Here's what I see after a couple of seasons of JG at the helm. I think he is a serviceable QB at the position, he has good skills, but he's missing a key ingredient that all great quarterbacks have.

He's missing that "connection" with one receiver in particular that elevates his game to another level.

Every "great" quarterback has a receiver downfield that they have a connection with. Dobbs had Jennings, Bray had Patterson, Tee had Peerless, Manning had Nash, so on and so forth. A receiver that knew exactly what the QB was doing and knew exactly when and where to be to catch the ball. "Put the ball here and I'll go get it."

I like JG, but he doesn't have a single receiver that he has a "connection" with and really hasn't since he's been there. Sure, Jennings is leading in receptions, but there isn't a single receiver that is his "go to" guy when he needs yards. I don't know if that's something you can fix, but I don't think JG will ever truly go up a level without it.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Or celebrate the win for what it was. A win against an sec team.
I think he's just pointing out that the sunshine pumpers are on here gloating. In all fairness why should one game make us forget the four really bad games. To be consistent the sunshine pumpers we're trying to convince us that if we only won two games this year it was okay. That it was just one season. So why should one game matter if a whole season doesn't? You can't have it both ways on either side.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Yeah, we wouldn't want to just celebrate the win when we can find some negativity.
when Tennessee loses for five games in a row you try to downplay it and say it's just 4 or 5 games or just one season. If tennessee wins one game then they are national champs lol. Nothing wrong about being positive about the win. Actually glad to see them finally get one. But to boldly Proclaim that Tennessee is back and that everything is just hunky-dory down there is a little premature. Time will tell

I'm tickled about the win, but one swallow does not make a spring. The win last year over Auburn, a stronger team at their place, was the turning point or so I hoped. Then, it fell all apart. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that history doesn't repeat.

Gotta love the "yeah but just wait for us to tank the rest of the season" crowd.

VN Store

Back