Remember Last Year

I think op truely cares for the fan base and doesn't want to see anyone gnashing their teeth or feeling crestfallen due to false hope. His altruism and empathy are courageous.

Dude, we can be excited about a win. What’s the point of being a fan if you don’t get excited when we win?
Idiotic post.

"EVERYONE PUMP THE BRAKES, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE MISERABLE AFTER A WIN, REMEMBER!"

The quote under your name, should read it. If that's a quote you live by then you sir, are acting like a loser right now.
Thank you for the fantastic insight! You’re observations are brilliant,
You’re what’s wrong with the vols. Please stop posting.
You should really read the quote below your avatar before posting this. The team won, and you're hating.
This ain't it brah
You got some on here that would rather have their agenda validated.
This post is like cutting a big fart and walking outta the room. Some fans are just never happy. We win, we didn’t win by enough. We lose, the sky is falling. We won, beat a halfway decent SEC team, and actually I think helped our case as far as bowl eligibility with what’s remaining on the schedule. Sunshine pumper or not that’s how I look at it.

Just wait for this board to blow up about half time of next week!

Just wait for this board to blow up about half time of next week!

I be willing to bet there some on here Who seen a lot worse things than losing a ball game. I would also bet most of them are past blowing up.
Enjoy your life it's coming!!!

when Tennessee loses for five games in a row you try to downplay it and say it's just 4 or 5 games or just one season. If tennessee wins one game then they are national champs lol. Nothing wrong about being positive about the win. Actually glad to see them finally get one. But to boldly Proclaim that Tennessee is back and that everything is just hunky-dory down there is a little premature. Time will tell
I don't know who made all the proclamations you cited but it certainly wasn't me. Using my post to make your straw man argument is lame at best.

Reactions: BeecherVol
Here's what I see after a couple of seasons of JG at the helm. I think he is a serviceable QB at the position, he has good skills, but he's missing a key ingredient that all great quarterbacks have.

He's missing that "connection" with one receiver in particular that elevates his game to another level.

Every "great" quarterback has a receiver downfield that they have a connection with. Dobbs had Jennings, Bray had Patterson, Tee had Peerless, Manning had Nash, so on and so forth. A receiver that knew exactly what the QB was doing and knew exactly when and where to be to catch the ball. "Put the ball here and I'll go get it."

I like JG, but he doesn't have a single receiver that he has a "connection" with and really hasn't since he's been there. Sure, Jennings is leading in receptions, but there isn't a single receiver that is his "go to" guy when he needs yards. I don't know if that's something you can fix, but I don't think JG will ever truly go up a level without it.

Good Post,
JG has all the physical tools to succeed, but it's the mental part that has left JG stranded

when Tennessee loses for five games in a row you try to downplay it and say it's just 4 or 5 games or just one season. If tennessee wins one game then they are national champs lol. Nothing wrong about being positive about the win. Actually glad to see them finally get one. But to boldly Proclaim that Tennessee is back and that everything is just hunky-dory down there is a little premature. Time will tell

It's interesting that when they lose people are pissed and want you to fully understand how much.

And when they win. Some (very few) are pissed that other fans enjoy it.

At least it's no longer in question.

It's interesting that when they lose people are pissed and want you to fully understand how much.

And when they win. Some (very few) are pissed that other fans enjoy it.

At least it's no longer in question.l

Not pissed at all. If 12 bad losses doesn't Define a coach 1 win doesn't either. That's all I'm saying

Actually
UT wins a game many (including you ) thought they wouldnt and it bothers you that people enjoyed that.
Lol
Actually I was watching I'm pulling as hard as I could for them to win. The last five minutes were gut-wrenching. I was happy with the win. But this one win does not fix everything and you would have to be naive to think it does. I would love to be proven wrong how about this coaching staff. Time will tell and time doesn't lie. One of us will be right and one of us will be wrong.

Actually
Actually I was watching I'm pulling as hard as I could for them to win. The last five minutes were gut-wrenching. I was happy with the win. But this one win does not fix everything and you would have to be naive to think it does. I would love to be proven wrong how about this coaching staff. Time will tell and time doesn't lie. One of us will be right and one of us will be wrong.
Who said it fixed everything?

You re building a narrative that isnt there.

Fans are happy about winning a game yesterday. You referred to it as gloating. Given the majority of your comments it's understandable. You thought it was crazy to suggest UT could win yesterday. So I can see where this feels like salt.

This was one of my first posts after the win yesterday.

Ga St and BYU increased the pressure going foward.
Today was an important game and the staff and team responded to that pressure with a good win.

Does it mean Pruitt is the guy? No. Still has a lot to do to get close to answering that.

It does say that after the horrible start that Pruitt and the staff have done a really good job of keeping this team focused, prepared and bought in.

Who said it fixed everything?

You re building a narrative that isnt there.

Fans are happy about winning a game yesterday. You referred to it as gloating. Given the majority of your comments it's understandable. You thought it was crazy to suggest UT could win yesterday. So I can see where this feels like salt.

This was one of my first posts after the win yesterday.
I didn't say you were gloating. There was a sunshine Pumper his exact words were take that Nega Vols. I don't classify myself as a negavol. I follow the basketball program also and even that they won 30 + games last year and didn't win any kind of banners or championships I was still a strong supporter. I know we have the right coach there. I've ust not seen a whole lot from this coaching staff yet to give me much hope. One thing about it if I'm wrong I will be the first to admit it. I just wonder if people like you would admit if you are wrong.

Sir, this is NOT our first Win of the Season-We Beat Chattanooga like a drum!!! Now, for those that think we're going to curb stomp BAMA, I'd say, "put down your crack pipe".

I didn't say you were gloating. There was a sunshine Pumper his exact words were take that Nega Vols. I don't classify myself as a negavol. I follow the basketball program also and even that they won 30 + games last year and didn't win any kind of banners or championships I was still a strong supporter. I know we have the right coach there. I just not seen a whole lot from this coaching staff yet to give me much hope. One thing about it if I'm wrong I will be the first to admit it. I just wonder if people like you would admit if you are wrong.
So if you re not a "negavol" (whatever that actually is) why would it bother you that someone is happy UT won the game and decided to point that out to those that didnt think they would? Even called it crazy to think so.

It's not hard to figure really.

Please explain what I would need to admit.

Sir, this is NOT our first Win of the Season-We Beat Chattanooga like a drum!!! Now, for those that think we're going to curb stomp BAMA, I'd say, "put down your crack pipe".
I can't believe you're beating your chest about Chattanooga LOL an FCS School we paid a million dollars to lose to us. LOL try better than that dude

I can't believe you're beating your chest about Chattanooga LOL an FCS School we paid a million dollars to lose to us. LOL try better than that dude
Hey at this point, we'll take any win! Now, after Chattanooga, a lot of fans (many on this board, in fact) saw a lot of real improvement, and felt we were headed in the right direction, in short Coach Pruitt had things under control, yesterday proved they are right!!!! What else could it be?

Or celebrate the win for what it was. A win against an sec team.

That makes way too much sense. Here on VN every win comes with an idiotic pump the brakes thread. Fans cant enjoy a win. It inevitably comes back to Georgia State and BYU. Some "fans" are just pathetic.

So if you re not a "negavol" (whatever that actually is) why would it bother you that someone is happy UT won the game and decided to point that out to those that didnt think they would? Even called it crazy to think so.

It's not hard to figure really.

Please explain what I would need to admit.
Once again you're not listening I'm not upset at all that people are happy I just told you I was happy. But I'm taking issue with this people that think this fixes everything. If you're not that guy then quit acting like you have a guilty conscience. I never called you out. I would like to see the team stay hungry stay motivated and win more games. If they have the mindset of the fans they won't. They'll just rest on their Laurels and be satisfied.

Jesus dude why cant you just enjoy a win and stop with the condescending BS for awhile? Sheesh.

Jesus dude why cant you just enjoy a win and stop with the condescending BS for awhile? Sheesh.
Jesus dude I am happy with the win. I have said that many times on here. I was only speaking to the ones that were on here thinking that somehow this one win proved them right about this coaching staff being awesome. It doesn't. Now if they go on to win 4 out of the next five games then I will be on here myself telling them they were right and I was wrong

I don't know who made all the proclamations you cited but it certainly wasn't me. Using my post to make your straw man argument is lame at best.
I do apologize if I responded to the wrong post. Sometimes I'm trying to do this stuff while I'm doing three or four other things at the same time.

Once again you're not listening I'm not upset at all that people are happy I just told you I was happy. But I'm taking issue with this people that think this fixes everything. If you're not that guy then quit acting like you have a guilty conscience. I never called you out. I would like to see the team stay hungry stay motivated and win more games. If they have the mindset of the fans they won't. They'll just rest on their Laurels and be satisfied.
No. I responded to your post about "sunshine pumpers" gloating after a win.

You then said this triggered that comment
There was a sunshine Pumper his exact words were take that Nega Vols

Predictably you said you were not one, but it obviously bothered you enough to respond about it.

Where are posters claiming everything is fixed or have mentioned anything about a national championship? Other than they may watch whoever is playing in that game.

Why do fans who dont practice, watch film, or ever play a down need to worry about anything other than being a fan?

Reactions: Behr
With all of the excitement surrounding the win today, remember we lost to Ga St. and BYU already this season. For all of the pumpers pumping because of our win today, remember we beat two ranked teams last year then tanked down the stretch.

The season is not over by no means. We could run the gauntlet and build for next year or end the year the same as last year.

Slow the row boys. Lotta season still left.
you slow your "row" I will keep on encouraging these kids to do there best instead of being a twat on a message board.

VN Store

Back