The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

Thought most races that were rained out until the next day started early (around 11am local or so) instead of 1pm.

Had fun other than having to try to find a place to stay Sunday night, I was planning on driving back home. Guess that's on me not booking a place in advance after seeing the forecast.

Ended up paying double price for a Days Inn about 25 miles down the interstate back towards Birmingham. Checked like crazy for bed bugs after finding a bunch of Stinkbugs by the window. The guy at the counter could hardly show any less regret at my having found bugs inside the room, "it's stinkbug season" was his response. Guess that means in the summer I should expect to find mosquitoes in the room since those are in season at that time.

Had a great view of the finish. I was in Moss-Thornton Tower Section E which is exactly on the start finish line. On Sunday could only see the glimpses of the cars down the backstretch due to all the campers lining the track in the infield. Monday had lot more gaps to see down the back. Would totally lose the field for a slight bit into three due to signage and stuff in the infield. Mostly watched the screen in front of my section as they went down the back.

All the wrecks happened down in 3 and 4 so didn't get a good look at the cars being hooked to the wreckers as they were down on the apron and grass.

Thought most races that were rained out until the next day started early (around 11am local or so) instead of 1pm.

Had fun other than having to try to find a place to stay Sunday night, I was planning on driving back home. Guess that's on me not booking a place in advance after seeing the forecast.

Ended up paying double price for a Days Inn about 25 miles down the interstate back towards Birmingham. Checked like crazy for bed bugs after finding a bunch of Stinkbugs by the window. The guy at the counter could hardly show any less regret at my having found bugs inside the room, "it's stinkbug season" was his response. Guess that means in the summer I should expect to find mosquitoes in the room since those are in season at that time.

Had a great view of the finish. I was in Moss-Thornton Tower Section E which is exactly on the start finish line. On Sunday could only see the glimpses of the cars down the backstretch due to all the campers lining the track in the infield. Monday had lot more gaps to see down the back. Would totally lose the field for a slight bit into three due to signage and stuff in the infield. Mostly watched the screen in front of my section as they went down the back.

All the wrecks happened down in 3 and 4 so didn't get a good look at the cars being hooked to the wreckers as they were down on the apron and grass.
I've used the free campground both of my trips.

I’m good with any of the 3 favorites. Kyle first, then Denny and then Truex.
I’m alright with Truex. I do like Logano. Would be okay with Chase getting him a ship though. Logano back to back would be good with me. If he can’t or don’t make it I’m pulling for Chase or Truex. Chase winning one would be good for the sport IMO

Reactions: YankeeVol
I’m alright with Truex. I do like Logano. Would be okay with Chase getting him a ship though. Logano back to back would be good with me. If he can’t or don’t make it I’m pulling for Chase or Truex. Chase winning one would be good for the sport IMO
F*** Logano. I'm pretty much ok with anyone else (obviously I'd prefer a JGR driver).

Reactions: Vol$_Deep_11_9
Lol you aren’t the only one that shares that feeling on Logano. One of the reasons I like him honestly. He don’t care what anybody thinks and drives his satchel off.
Same can be said for Kyle, if not more so. If it's got wheels and an engine, he has a chance at winning

Dont understand the Kyle Busch love. Hes been running like 💩 lately. I would hedge my bets on Denny. Its feeling like his year.
I don’t like the guy but all it takes is one W and the guy gets red hot. If you go off how they’ve ran lately I wouldn’t call him the favorite though, I’d go with Denny. But hard to bet against Kyle.

VN Store

Back